Rteetz

I'm skeptical that there won't be anything but the two Pandora rides in the one tier. Is there enough capacity between the two for everyone coming to DAK to get a FP+? Could you book FP+ if an entire tier is unavailable? With DAK likely having an uptick in attendance, I think it would be a recipe for disaster.
Not sure, we'll find out tomorrow I guess.

Casper Gutman

Correct, I don't think most people will care as to whether there's a conservation message.
But it's me that cares, because I want people to come out of Pandora (and DAK in general) having made the connection, having been affected to some degree by the conservation message.

Yes, I also care personally, because otherwise Pandora fits DAK even less. But I care more for others. What a kind-hearted person I am! ;)

You know, I have more than a few reservations about Pandora, but I honestly don't get the "doesn't fit" thing. The conservation message in the film is about as blunt as subtext gets (if it can even be called subtext). It might even fit AK better than Beastly Kingdom, as much as I hate to admit it. AK will remain the most cohesive of all the parks.

Capsin4

I'm skeptical that there won't be anything but the two Pandora rides in the one tier. Is there enough capacity between the two for everyone coming to DAK to get a FP+? Could you book FP+ if an entire tier is unavailable? With DAK likely having an uptick in attendance, I think it would be a recipe for disaster.

I feel like the M&G at Adventurers Outpost will be part of it. Or maybe one of the shows like FOTLK or Finding Nemo. They usually like to round off a tier with some all ages thing that anyone can do and has plenty of capacity.
No, there's not enough capacity for everyone to get one, at leAst in the busiest days. If they reserve 80% for fp and stay open for 12 hours, there might be just over 30,000 available. Not everyone will want one of course, but I think peak season sees about 60,000. It might be close on slowest days.

Cesar R M

If Universal did this years ago, Disney won't have an issue with doing walk around characters in Pandora.

Sure, they're obviously more slender, but from what the Cosplayers have been able to pull off for Avatar already, I'm sure Disney can make it work.

Navi are very slim cat like with thin limbs.
Transformers are bulky and very tight.. easy to hide a man inside.

rioriz

I wonder if They will change the dragon on the AK entrance and logo to be a banshee instead.
I wonder if They will change the dragon on the AK entrance and logo to be a banshee instead.
images.png

DDLand

The relationship between humans and Navi in the movie is a metaphor for the relationship between urban societies and classic human societies, so that's probably not appropriate.

We go to Disney's Animal Kingdom to commune with nature and wildlife. The Navi are going to be our teachers in this Journey. They're not the subject of the exploration. Putting Navi on the logo is akin to putting Doctor Seeker on the logo. Technically a story device inside the park, but not the focus.

I personally am negative about a logo change. Besides having to spend hundreds of thousands of dollars to change something that is just fine, it remains a reminder of the original intent of the park. Man's journey and relationship with nature.

Plus someday, who knows, there may be a Unicorn or Dragon yet. ;)

RSoxNo1

And mythical animals in general (Yeti). There's no Triceratops in Dinosaur and yet there it is in the logo representing Dinosaurs.

*I know Triceratops Spin exists but that was way after the logo was designed.
Was it a Torosaurus or Triceratops out front of Countdown to Extinction?

Also, I believe scientists have recently felt that Triceratops and Torosaurus were the same species.

peter11435

Do we even get to ride on a physical banshee? At first they announced that you will but now they got around that by saying you will be riding on a banshee on the screen, while the physical thing you're riding is reminiscent to the Tron attraction in Shanghi Disneyland
You will not actually be riding a banshee. That wouldn't really make sense from the perspective of the film or the park.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom