Tokyo Disneyland/Sea expands!

BrianLo

here is one i saw on the forums they are pushing the small world to the back area of the park. the red and violet mark is the new building facade and the green mark will be the original attraction that is about to be demolished. according to some.

Oh interesting, I didn't realize this was seemingly now started with Small World closed with no clear reopening date.

Have you heard if there is any plans to utilize the space? Moving Dumbo? It seems an odd move, other than the fact they clearly needed to rebuild the whole thing from ground up.

BrianLo

Themeparx.com

tokyo-disney-resort-expansion-112.png

tokyo-disney-resort-expansion-113.png

tokyo-disney-resort-expansion-114.png

The_Mesh_Hatter

Love how they included the carriage the Beast used to ship Maurice out of the castle in the transition area between the village and castle! This is a Beauty and the Beast land done on the scale of the Wizarding World of Harry Potter.

BrianLo

0k69C2y.jpg

Just Saw this in other forums. but just take this as a rumor.

I was initially completely excited, but then realized the proposal is essentially entertainment and refurbs with the only new build being Scandanvia in 2026!!!

I seriously hope that's not remotely true, it would be a huge downgrade since the meat of that was supposed to be done by like 2019 previously.

The_Mesh_Hatter

I don't think that's accurate given that I'm not familiar with a new Turtle Talk opening in a month?

I hope Pirates of the Caribbean is actually on their list, however. It makes a lot of sense for an attraction the OLC would revisit. It hardly ever has a line and takes up a ton of room. Plus, what does a random American city like New Orleans have to do with the concept of Adventureland? Hopefully a complete reimagining of that area is in the future. I'd love to see the buildings rethemed to old Spanish storefronts like Caribbean Plaza. Perhaps the outdoor stage area can be transformed into a POTC stunt show. Maybe add a new Tortuga Tavern in addition to a rethemed Blue Bayou. And most importantly, give POTC an elaborate queue that enhances the entire experience like the more recent versions of the ride. I'm normally a purist, but I also don't like clones. I would be fine if this version of POTC committed to the movies and reimagined scenes with modern day effects. Something that combines the technology of the Shanghai version with the heart of the original versions could really invigorate that section of the park.

Kman101

That's the kind of list (yeah it's a lot of entertainment, but still) I wish we'd get from our parks here in the US, but I know they'd never do that anymore.

The_Mesh_Hatter

Ve1Ja8F.png

So what do we think is going on behind it's a small world? Those foundations are just as big as the Small World show building, excluding the oversized loading area...

ThemeParkTraveller

I don't think that's accurate given that I'm not familiar with a new Turtle Talk opening in a month?

As part of the SeaRider attraction opening, Turtle Talk is also getting a few new scenes to include the Finding Dory characters.

As for the rest of the list (if true), I'd be very disappointed if the new port at TDS was delayed until 2026. This should have been finished no later than 2021. 7 years between Soarin' and Frozen is much too long (upgrading Indy doesn't count as a new attraction), and a few new shows are hardly going to cut it for TDS' 20th. USJ has already inched past TDS in attendance and will continue to do so if OLC don't fast track major additions.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom