David Koenig on the (near-ish) future of Disneyland park

mickEblu

I never ride them because to me they aren't worth the wait on a busy tourist schedule with limited time. If they could do something, anything, to make these attractions at least worth waiting 40+ minutes for I might be willing to do it.

I usually catch one per visit but it's rarely Pan or Alice because of the wait times. When I take family from out of town or non AP family in town I like to get them on a couple of them so they can have the "complete" DL experience. Not just a dash from one E ticket to another.

Curious Constance

For the record I wouldn't want Toad replaced, I love that ridiculous little ride. Fantasyland as a whole is very dear to my heart. But if they did announce an update, I wouldn't go off the deep end about it. I can even imagine changes that would improve upon what's already there. Of course, anything I'm imagining is likely logistically and physically impossible in the real world, but it's still pretty to look at in my head.

BrianLo

I usually catch one per visit but it's rarely Pan or Alice because of the wait times. When I take family from out of town or non AP family in town I like to get them on a couple of them so they can have the "complete" DL experience. Not just a dash from one E ticket to another.

Alice is my preferred rope drop ride and I just don't bother with Pan generally speaking. Everything else in the park there are other ideal times to ride, or use FP or single rider. The other ride that is insurmountable in its current form apart from rope drop is TSMM... which is why I'm secretly on board with adding FP to it.

I refuse to ever wait more than 20 minutes for anything and I'm weirdly good at doing so.

Curious Constance

Alice is my preferred rope drop ride and I just don't bother with Pan generally speaking. Everything else in the park there are other ideal times to ride, or use FP or single rider. The other ride that is insurmountable in its current form apart from rope drop is TSMM... which is why I'm secretly on board with adding FP to it.

I refuse to ever wait more than 20 minutes for anything and I'm weirdly good at doing so.
I'm really good at never waiting too! Can't wait to have the app this time around to assist me even further.

Curious Constance

As much as I love the Fantasyland dark rides, I doubt we'll see anymore built like them. The capacities are terrible, and a lot of them leave you with a, "That's it?" feeling. With the expanding crowds, I hope anything new they build is more in line with a Haunted Mansion style darkride.

rle4lunch

Sure it does. Gotta sell that princess moich-andise.

Yep, Tomorrowland will lose their Star Wars 'moich'andise' as you say, to SW Land. At least the bottleneck might be eased up by SW land opening up. Walk on Space Mountain.. One can dream...

Phroobar

Yep, Tomorrowland will lose their Star Wars 'moich'andise' as you say, to SW Land. At least the bottleneck might be eased up by SW land opening up. Walk on Space Mountain.. One can dream...
Right. They won't sell any Star Wars 'moich'andise in Tomorrowland after SWL opens. Not likely.

britain

As much as I love the Fantasyland dark rides, I doubt we'll see anymore built like them. The capacities are terrible, and a lot of them leave you with a, "That's it?" feeling. With the expanding crowds, I hope anything new they build is more in line with a Haunted Mansion style darkride.

They tried exactly that. It's called "The Little Mermaid". They got chewed out for not being a full E-ticket instead of being bigger and better than your average Fantasyland ride.

Phroobar

Ya, or at least 95% less than what they're selling now. I'm sure they'll be some crap for star tours or something down in the SM area.
The Star Trader will always sell star wars stuff even after Star Tours leaves.I bet they will stock even more. I mean what else do you sell in the Star Trader? More marvel stuff?

SSG

I don't see any reason for Disney to stop selling Star Wars merch in TL. Even with shops in SWL, demand is going to be pretty high for that stuff.

D

Deleted member 107043

You might be right. At SDL there are only two traditional dark rides in Fantasyland: Pooh and Pan. They also have an interactive Snow White walk-through called Once Upon an Adventure.

BTW, their Pan looks pretty impressive. And check out the broad loading area and vehicles with two rows of seating.

truecoat

You might be right. At SDL there are only two traditional dark rides in Fantasyland: Pooh and Pan. They also have an interactive Snow White walk-through called Once Upon an Adventure.

BTW, their Pan looks pretty impressive. And check out the broad loading area and vehicles with two rows of seating.

Interesting that it was still a 75 min wait with the extra capacity.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom