Why am I seeing ads as a Premium Member

donsullivan

Premium Member
Original Poster
Today I noticed ads being added to the bottom of photos on different pages. Some of them are photos I've posted to the site myself. I thought as a premium member, one of the benefits was no ads.

It seems I'll want to change the way I'm posting photos if ads are being added to my photos. I completely understand the need to have ads on the site since not everyone is will to pay a subscription fee but don't want them added to photos I'm posting.

How can I change my uploading pattern so ads are not added to my photos? And as a paying member, how do I get the ads stopped that I thought were not to be presented. I haven't seen an ad on the site in years since I pay the subscription but I'm seeing them all over the place on photos now which is really annoying.

EDIT: I just discovered that I'm seeing ads all over the site on pages that I never saw ads before.

Last edited:

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Today I noticed ads being added to the bottom of photos on different pages. Some of them are photos I've posted to the site myself. I thought as a premium member, one of the benefits was no ads.

It seems I'll want to change the way I'm posting photos if ads are being added to my photos. I completely understand the need to have ads on the site since not everyone is will to pay a subscription fee but don't want them added to photos I'm posting.

How can I change my uploading pattern so ads are not added to my photos? And as a paying member, how do I get the ads stopped that I thought were not to be presented. I haven't seen an ad on the site in years since I pay the subscription but I'm seeing them all over the place on photos now which is really annoying.

EDIT: I just discovered that I'm seeing ads all over the site on pages that I never saw ads before.

We have been testing out a new ad provider today and there was a bug in the deployment. You should no longer be seeing any of those ads.

donsullivan

Premium Member
Original Poster
We have been testing out a new ad provider today and there was a bug in the deployment. You should no longer be seeing any of those ads.

At first glance they 'seem' to be missing from the forums but still seeing them in other places like the main page. On the main www.wdwmagic.com page I'm seeing ads from Amazon and Booking.com which tells me your ad service is reading cookies from my computer (viewed these sites earlier tonight) which if I'm not being served ads, they should not be doing. If I'm paying a subscription fee for access to the site, I was not expecting to see ads but even more troubled that the advertiser is pulling from cookies on my computer. Is that information being pulled on other pages even if the ads are not being presented?

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
At first glance they 'seem' to be missing from the forums but still seeing them in other places like the main page. On the main www.wdwmagic.com page I'm seeing ads from Amazon and Booking.com which tells me your ad service is reading cookies from my computer (viewed these sites earlier tonight) which if I'm not being served ads, they should not be doing. If I'm paying a subscription fee for access to the site, I was not expecting to see ads but even more troubled that the advertiser is pulling from cookies on my computer. Is that information being pulled on other pages even if the ads are not being presented?

Ads have always been served on www.wdwmagic.com. The Premium Subscription applies only to the forum unfortunately. There is no login or session recording on the main site with which to authenticate who is a Premium Member.

The ads on the main site are being served by Google Adsense (which has been the case for the last 10 years or so).

This will give you some further details on how Google delivers ads based on interest groups. It is the same system used across millions of websites, so nothing specific to what we are doing here.
https://support.google.com/ads/answer/7029660?hl=en&ref_topic=7049263

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Sorry forgot to add to the last post, you can modify how Google handles your history with regard to ads at https://support.google.com/ads/answer/2662856

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom