Dinosaur

Hi all

My other half has been to Disney all of his life.

This week I will be going on my second visit to America and Disney

After recently getting over my fear of flying I am seeing the world and my last visit this attraction was closed. However. Fast passes have been booked for this attraction for this visit! I am all for trying things once but do not do over head restraints or rollercoasters!

I have a few questions I was wondering if the regulars or anyone who has recently been on it could assist with:

How are you fastened in the ride (over the head restraints? Bar etc)
Is it fast?
Is it very motiony? Any rides you can compare the movement to?
Does anything touch you?
Is it scary?

I love dinosaurs but I don't want to watch any videos and ruin the experience

Thanks in advance
Lilo

koalacat

Hi... I'll try my best to answer..it's one of my favorite rides

How are you fastened in the ride (over the head restraints? Bar etc): ....Lap belt

Is it fast?: it seems faster than it is...it does change direction quickly, it's not fast like Rockin Rollercoaster or anything...but it stops and starts with some kick,

Is it very motiony? Any rides you can compare the movement to? yes...I'd say so, the vehicle moves as if going over uneven terrain, again changes of direction, quick stops and starts

Does anything touch you?: maybe the passenger next to you lol....but none of the animatronics do

Is it scary?: it's fun. I'm not sure what you find scary.... but......it can be surprising at times, dark, and quick.....if you have little ones...they may find the loudness scary..(I've seen some kids be pretty scared coming off of it) but....I don't find it scary in the traditional sense

Upvote 0

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Is it fast?
Does anything touch you?
Is it scary?

Seatbelt. Seats are 4 across by 4 rows.

It's between slow and sudden bursts of acceleration with simulated bumps. Best comparison could be Test Track during the second half of the hill climb before the tunnel.

Nothing touches you.

Some of the ride is pitch black and audio gets very loud. There's one or two sudden effects (no spoiler) that are over in seconds.

It's fast. It's a blast. It's in the past! And IMHO a stellar underrated ride when everything's working as it should.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

jaxonp

Seatbelt. Seats are 4 across by 4 rows. There's also a barb rail in front of you.

It's between slow and sudden bursts of acceleration with simulated bumps. Best comparison could be Test Track during the second half of the hill climb before the tunnel.

Nothing touches you.

Some of the ride is pitch black and audio gets very loud. There's one or two sudden effects (no spoiler) that are over in seconds.

It's fast. It's a blast. It's in the past! And IMHO a stellar underrated ride when everything's working as it should.

I think it's super underrated too! Everyone wants to compare it to Indiana Jones but I wish they wouldn't.. They are both great rides and honestly quite different experiences.

Upvote 0

jaxonp

Dino question.. I rode the ride a few weeks ago for the first time after the refurb and I noticed a big carnotaurus to the right of the vehicle right before the ride stops in front of the big carnotaurus for the photo. Has that carnotaurus always been there, was it broken and off for years or have I just missed it all years?

Upvote 0

koalacat

To me they make the ride sound scary but it's really kind of tame and slow.
Nothing wrong with advising with caution...which makes sense since they don't care for rollercoasters, and have gotten over their fear of flying. Whats tame for you may be terrifying for others...you never know

Upvote 0

Bolt

Nothing wrong with advising with caution...which makes sense since they don't care for rollercoasters, and have gotten over their fear of flying. Whats tame for you may be terrifying for others...you never know
And that's why I started with: 'to me'

Upvote 0

TARDIS

A loud bumpy jeep ride in the dark. It's Fun but not at thrill ride level to me at all. That being said I have a irrational fear of Dino's so I stick to he middle two seats.

Upvote 0

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
Hi all

My other half has been to Disney all of his life.

This week I will be going on my second visit to America and Disney

After recently getting over my fear of flying I am seeing the world and my last visit this attraction was closed. However. Fast passes have been booked for this attraction for this visit! I am all for trying things once but do not do over head restraints or rollercoasters!

I have a few questions I was wondering if the regulars or anyone who has recently been on it could assist with:

Is it fast?
Does anything touch you?
Is it scary?

I love dinosaurs but I don't want to watch any videos and ruin the experience

Thanks in advance
Lilo

So the first time I rode this, I legit screamed my head off. I held on tight and was really scared at one part. I don't want to give anything away so I won't go into detail. Overall, it was a lot of fun. Nothing touches you, yiu are strapped in and there is a bar that you can hold onto. I never let it go! :)

Upvote 0

GVentola

I love this ride. I took my kid cousin to Animal Kingdom once, and he wanted to go on four times in a row, and I didn't mind. For a while, each time I went on with friends or family, or more often, as a single rider (note: there are no single rider lines for this attraction), the ride seemed to get scarier each time. But there are no roller coaster hills; it feels more like riding in a jeep over bumpy territory.

Upvote 0

disneygeek90

It's all in good fun. If you take it seriously, then yeah, it might get scary. I laugh through the whole ride as I enjoy it for what it is and find amusement in the people that are legitimately scored. I also enjoy getting myself "in the moment" of the rides theme and psych myself up a bit. The darkness and sounds of the ride probably contribute the most to the scare factor as it really allows your imagination to run wild.
It's one of the many reasons that this is my favorite ride in all of Disney.

Unless you are EXTREMELY motion sickness, I don’t believe it will cause any. I find it to be less strenuous as far as that goes than Everest, RNRC, ToT etc.

To me, it's a must do every time I'm at that park. Which is very often. The updated effects that was done during refurb are a welcoming touch as well.

Upvote 0

graphite1326

i get motion sickness very easily so i avoid some rides, however i can ride dino with no problems. Very loud though
It's funny, I get motion sickness on rides at other parks but not a Disney. I rode a similar ride to Soarin (they actually said this when were entering) and had to close my eyes due to motion sickness. Soarin doesn't bother me at all. The only attractions I have trouble with at WDW is Mission space (and very little) and the one attraction at Disneyquest where you wear goggles for the 3D affect and sit on something similar to a motorcycle (can't remember the name. I haven't been there I quite a while).

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom