Team Mist, Project Three: SYWTBAI Season 14

JokersWild

I got curious and looked into a few obscure holiday mascots.

.Tanuki - Japanese Tanuki festival. I just think that it would be hilarious to see a Tim Burton-esque Tanuki blankly staring down guests
.Thanksgiving Turkey? - Sort of like the Easter Bunny, but literally just a regular sized turkey. I could picture it being like Heihei from Moana. .La Catrina - Day of the Dead mascot, apparently. Could be an interesting Little Leota replacement, in any case

TrevorA

In the Parks
Yes
I got curious and looked into a few obscure holiday mascots.

.Tanuki - Japanese Tanuki festival. I just think that it would be hilarious to see a Tim Burton-esque Tanuki blankly staring down guests
.Thanksgiving Turkey? - Sort of like the Easter Bunny, but literally just a regular sized turkey. I could picture it being like Heihei from Moana. .La Catrina - Day of the Dead mascot, apparently. Could be an interesting Little Leota replacement, in any case

That's some fascinating world culture! I reckon that by the time we finish this assignment, we will have fused Haunted Mansion and Small World Holiday into a breathtaking singularity.

---TrevorA

DisneyManOne

That's some fascinating world culture! I reckon that by the time we finish this assignment, we will have fused Haunted Mansion and Small World Holiday into a breathtaking singularity.

---TrevorA

Only without the annoying music...unless you find Danny Elfman annoying.

Basketbuddy101

Absolute multi-holiday chaos.
Sounds good. I'm going to go ahead and model the Seance Room as it currently stands. From there, I can gather the ideas we have for it and paste them into the scene. The final render should look pretty realistic. I've actually been improving on the realism lately. The final results should be pretty decent.

spacemt354

Chili's
Just an example of the amount of realism I can get on these renders. We have the Endless Hallway at our disposal for modification. Modeled this last year but after some modifications, I've cranked up the realism a notch.
I have been trying to learn Blender forever and gotten nowhere haha. This is just pure talent. No idea how you pull this off, but fantastic job!

Basketbuddy101

I have been trying to learn Blender forever and gotten nowhere haha. This is just pure talent. No idea how you pull this off, but fantastic job!
Thanks for the feedback! Lots of tutorials on YouTube. Ironically, when I did Blender in high school, I was the worst in my class lol. Once you get past the often frustrating layout and just practice, however, you'll see steady improvement. I've actually only used it for a little over a year now, but every day I learn something new, so as each project goes by, you're actually seeing me incorporate new skills. In that respect, I owe it to the competition for a lot of my improvement. Anyway, I'll have a progress shot of the Seance Room by today. Whatever you guys decide should be added to it, it shouldn't be a problem.

JokersWild

So, what's everyone thinking? I like the direction that we're taking this, and we're probably at a pretty good place where we can start splitting up and writing this thing up. What's everyone else thinking?

We also still need a team leader, probably. Though it doesn't really matter for this round. @TrevorA? @DisneyManOne?

Basketbuddy101

I'll volunteer if anyone hasn't done so.
I second the vote. Now, as much as I'd love to contribute to the story elements for the attraction, it seems like you guys have it down, so I'm going to offer concept art services this round. If anyone has any ideas for scenes in the ride they'd like to see come to life visually, I'll be at your service.

JokersWild

I second the vote. Now, as much as I'd love to contribute to the story elements for the attraction, it seems like you guys have it down, so I'm going to offer concept art services this round. If anyone has any ideas for scenes in the ride they'd like to see come to life visually, I'll be at your service.
That sounds great.

If we're talking specifics, I'd still absolutely love to put Finklestein into the seance room. I think it'd be an interesting twist as everyone seems to always want to put him in the attic. I just think it would be hilarious having Finklestein try to figure out how Leota "works" while she's trying to hold a seance, just as she's done for the past 40+ years.

We should also probably decide on a mascot soon. I'm somewhat partial to La Catrina, based solely on what I've suggested last night.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom