Castaway Cay changing facilities

travelling_techie

Original Poster
Hi all

Not long to go until the cruise. Just making sure everything has been covered.

One thing I do wonder about is Castaway Cay - are there facilities for changing and keeping your stuff safe whilst you are doing activities? I know its best to take as little as possible off the boat but will have to take a camera for example and don't really want it stolen whilst snorkling or whatever!

Cheers
TT

Fenland girl

Hi TT,

We were at Castaway Cay last week and spent the day solely at Serenity Bay (the adult only beach). I don't recall seeing changing rooms (everyone I saw left the ship changed and ready for the beach). Similarly I don't recall seeing any lockers at Serenity Bay. I may have this wrong (it was our first time) but I don't remember seeing any. I do, however, remember seeing people walking off and leaving all their belongings on their lounger - be that disappearing for lunch, to go snorkelling or just to go and sit in the beach chair for a while. We did likewise and didn't feel concerned, but then we weren't carrying cameras.

EOD K9

I've changed in the bathroom after the 5k. As for lockers, no. We don't take valuables, but we left our camera in the bag and it was still there upon our return.

Phonedave

You can change in the bathroom if you want, and there are outside showers for removing sand / salt.

Honestly though, there is not much of a need to change. There is nothing like a fine dining venue or a show with theater seating on the island. Everyone there is in bathing suits, and askide from maybe bicycling in a wet bathing suit, there is not much that I can think of where changing would be a benefit.

As far as valuables go, I have left stuff under a towel or in a bag at my beach chair without any problems. Granted it was a $150 camera, not a $1000 camera, but then I don't think you want to be dragging your $1,000 into the sand. Unless of course you have a $500 housing for it and you plan on taking underwater pictures of the snorkeling area (don't bother, its OK but nothing spectacular, a $150 waterproof point and shoot, like I had, is more than enough)

In three trips to Castaway Cay, I have not had anything go missing.

-dave

travelling_techie

Original Poster
Thanks all, most helpful. Yes Dave I was thinking about cycling after snorkling but I guess if we reverse the order then there probably won't be need to change.

Phonedave

Thanks all, most helpful. Yes Dave I was thinking about cycling after snorkling but I guess if we reverse the order then there probably won't be need to change.

Actually it is better to go snorkling first. The visibility is MUCH better early in the day. As more and more sand gets kicked up from everybody in the water, the snorkling gets worse.

My kids and I have swam/snorkled then biked. We swam, showered off the sand/salt, and then ate lunch. That gave us time to dry off a bit. Then my daughters put in shorts over their dry bathing suits, and we went biking - then we swam again. It's not as if you are are doing a Category 1 climb in the Tour de France. It's flat ground on a beach cruiser. Easy biking, no need for anyting other than a swimsuit and shorts.

-dave

EOD K9

Actually it is better to go snorkling first. The visibility is MUCH better early in the day. As more and more sand gets kicked up from everybody in the water, the snorkling gets worse.

My kids and I have swam/snorkled then biked. We swam, showered off the sand/salt, and then ate lunch. That gave us time to dry off a bit. Then my daughters put in shorts over their dry bathing suits, and we went biking - then we swam again. It's not as if you are are doing a Category 1 climb in the Tour de France. It's flat ground on a beach cruiser. Easy biking, no need for anyting other than a swimsuit and shorts.

-dave
If it's not Cat 1 it ain't fun! We've done the trifecta, 5k in the morning, swim, and bike. Changing in the bathroom isn't a big deal.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom