August MK closing at 7pm

steffib

Hi, currently planning for my August trip and noticed this on the park hours for August 25th.

Anyone got any thoughts/insight why such an early close? i know park hours are posted then extended but all other dates show a 9pm close...
thanks!

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
My guess is the MNSSHP might start even earlier this year just like Food and Wine Fest is starting 8/31. Usually 7pm closings even before dates are announced is for that reason. Or could be a cast event as well. But I bet anything it's going to be an earlier start date to MNSSHP. That would be a week earlier than 2016 when the first one was on 9/2. And parties are commonly held on Tues, Thurs, Fri, or Sundays. And 8/25 is a Friday. ;)

Upvote 0

steffib

Original Poster
thanks for your reply. That sounds possible then. Means i'll have to rearrange some
of my plans but exciting if this is the case as we've never been to MNSSHP before! We're travelling from the UK and my kids would love that! Here's hoping...
Do you have any idea when dates are usually announced please? I think i'll have to book my adr's anyway (booking opens on weds for me) and then cancel should this prove to be the case

thanks!

Upvote 0

sxeensweet

thanks for your reply. That sounds possible then. Means i'll have to rearrange some
of my plans but exciting if this is the case as we've never been to MNSSHP before! We're travelling from the UK and my kids would love that! Here's hoping...
Do you have any idea when dates are usually announced please? I think i'll have to book my adr's anyway (booking opens on weds for me) and then cancel should this prove to be the case

thanks!

You're very welcome! Dates won't be announced until usually April or so. I hope that is the case for y'all so you can go. We always love to do MNSSHP or MVMCP or even both some trips depending when we go in the fall. No guarantees that's why but last year when people saw 9/2 was closing at 7pm I guessed that was why then and ended up being true. ;)

Upvote 0

Biff215

We're watching this as well, as we're there the last week of August. Looks like that following week might include some 7:00 closings as well, hours seem to be updating day by day at this point. Seems crazy for them to decorate in late August, but it would be the first time we'd ever be able to attend if it happens.

Looks like dates were announced March 23 last year with tickets going on sale in May. Wish they would follow their own 180 day requirement with things like this, as it will significantly change our dining plans. Let's hope we hear more soon!

Upvote 0

steffib

Original Poster
We're watching this as well, as we're there the last week of August. Looks like that following week might include some 7:00 closings as well, hours seem to be updating day by day at this point. Seems crazy for them to decorate in late August, but it would be the first time we'd ever be able to attend if it happens.

Looks like dates were announced March 23 last year with tickets going on sale in May. Wish they would follow their own 180 day requirement with things like this, as it will significantly change our dining plans. Let's hope we hear more soon!

yes it's quite frustrating on the hours as we'll have booked our adr's by the time they announce. You're right will be strange that the park might be decorated for halloween in august but, at the same, time i'm kind
of hoping it is so we can go to the event!

Upvote 0

mousehockey37

yes it's quite frustrating on the hours as we'll have booked our adr's by the time they announce. You're right will be strange that the park might be decorated for halloween in august but, at the same, time i'm kind
of hoping it is so we can go to the event!

I can't wait to see what the prices to get in MNSSHP are gonna be this year. Talk about frightening!

Upvote 0

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
I'm hoping y'all are right about the Halloween party. We're going to be at Uni over Labor Day weekend and want to head over for MNSSHP. My son in law loves it!

Upvote 0

ToTBellHop

It wouldn't really matter the reason right? I mean, it's closing to the public so it's going to be closed regardless.
Those of us that go in winter months are used to 7 or 8pm closings so (shrug)
Yes, but 8 pm closings in winter include fireworks nightly. They don't in August.

Upvote 0

mouse_luv

Yes, but 8 pm closings in winter include fireworks nightly. They don't in August.
That's the only time around that time a week before, leading up to and after that there's a 7 pm close. So either the MK is prepping for something or there's a special corporate event, which would mean there's no fireworks that night for general admission guests like the OP. Also, the MK does have EMH that morning, that's why I'm sticking by thinking it's a special corporate private event night.

Upvote 0

steffib

Original Poster
It wouldn't really matter the reason right? I mean, it's closing to the public so it's going to be closed regardless.
Those of us that go in winter months are used to 7 or 8pm closings so (shrug)

It does matter what the reason for closing is, as I would be able to go to the MNSSHP if it's confirmed on the 25th, whereas I obviously wouldn't be able to go to the corporate event. Coming from the UK it would be an opportunity to go to the MNSSHP that we might not otherwise get...

Last edited:
Upvote 0

sxeensweet

I'm hoping y'all are right about the Halloween party. We're going to be at Uni over Labor Day weekend and want to head over for MNSSHP. My son in law loves it!
You should be good regardless since last year the first party was 9/2 right before Labor Day so if you are there Labor Day weekend they likely will have a MNSSHP while you are out there. It won't be on a Saturday or Monday though but a possibility on Thurs, Fri, Sun, or Tues. :)

Upvote 0

sxeensweet

That's the only time around that time a week before, leading up to and after that there's a 7 pm close. So either the MK is prepping for something or there's a special corporate event, which would mean there's no fireworks that night for general admission guests like the OP. Also, the MK does have EMH that morning, that's why I'm sticking by thinking it's a special corporate private event night.

That's what people said the 7pm closing probably was going to be last year on 9/2 a corporate event and it turned out to be the first MNSSHP. People said it was too early for the party but they decided to start it even earlier in 2016. So could be either one as I also mentioned a private party was a possibility. Hopefully in a month or so we will find out for sure which one it is. 1st MNSSHP in 2016 was 9/2 and the second party didn't happen until almost a week later on 9/8 so eventhough the whole week before and whole week later show no other 7pm closings it's still a possibility of a MNSSHP. :)

Upvote 0

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
You should be good regardless since last year the first party was 9/2 right before Labor Day so if you are there Labor Day weekend they likely will have a MNSSHP while you are out there. It won't be on a Saturday or Monday though but a possibility on Thurs, Fri, Sun, or Tues. :)

I'very done the Labor Day weekend MNSSHP before...I think that was my very first one. So, I'm with you, it's probably the Halloween party and we will be in Orlando that Friday.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom