Old Down Town Disney - Ruby Slipper!

RobynSheila

Original Poster
Hi!

So when I was 6 I went to Disney world for the first time! and in what was then called Down Town Disney they had one of the pairs of Ruby Slippers in one of the shop widows with a sign that said something along the lines of "Do not take photos" and they said "SOLD". As I've read up on the ruby slippers online there's not one article I can find that says anything about them being located at Downtown Disney. I know one of the pairs went into auction to do with Disney.

Was just really curious as this was soooo exciting for me to see at this age as Wizard Of Oz is one of my fave films!

Cmdr_Crimson

It's sounds like you went to Arribas Brothers. Since it seems like it's the only place that would have something like that...Like the Cinderella Castle for $37,500...
08b28655091a8ba65c86cf06906572dc.jpg

dreamfinder

There used to be a memorabilia store in DtD that sold autographs, props and the like. They may have had a replica pair of the ruby slippers. At DtD that would have been your best bet for anything like that, and they closed a while back. Maybe your 6 year old mind is getting it confused with something that was on display at the Great Movie Ride at one point?

yoda_5729

It may have been Starabilias? It was located next to Planet Hollywood on the corner of the strip along West Side. They had old movie memorabilia and autographs, and also had a pretty firm no picture taking rule, which was considered odd, since most of Disney property was okay with pictures. I don't recall them ever having anything the level of the Ruby Slippers, though Planet Hollywood before it was refurbished did have Dorothy's outfit from the Wizard of Oz, without the slippers. Way back when, the ruby slippers were on display inside the Great Movie Ride, and still to this day there is a cement footprint plaque outside where they pushed the slippers into the wet cement leaving behind the print.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom