Dinner reservations for The Plaza in MK

horizons82

Original Poster
I'll be going to the Magic Kingdom in a few weeks and was thinking about trying The Plaza Restaurant for the very first time (which is crazy to think about considering I've been going to the MK for decades).

Anyhow, my wife and I would be going for dinner and I've been trying to make a reservation but NOTHING has shown as available.

I know how hard ressies can be to get, and when I want to get into a popular resturant I know all about having to check over and over to find open reservations.

However, in the many times I've been searching I've come across open reservations for almost every restaurant EXCEPT for The Plaza. Heck, I've even seen several BOG openings come and go but nothing for The Plaza.

Then I noticed two things:

1. I tried quite a few dates in the future...even 150+ days out and could never find a reservation for dinner at The Plaza. (Although I did find some for lunch)

2. I was reading a review where I saw someone mention they only take reservations for lunch and that dinner is only done by walk-up.

My question is, can someone confirm if The Plaza only takes walk-ups at dinner time and that they do not take reservations for dinner? This way I don't waste my time looking for a dinner reservation that will never show up! (Haha).

Thanks in advance!

Minnie Mum

I believe the new policy came out back in the summer. Plaza only takes ADRs for lunch from 11 - 12. After that it is walk ups only. Best of luck.

horizons82

Original Poster
Thank you for the information...we'll be giving it a go for dinner and will hope the wait won't be too terrible.

Herdman

Yes, I think they wanted to make at least one sit down place in the MK a walk up restaurant for those who did not plan on making ADR's for dinner. We love it there also!

sgtbtlbailey

On our last trip (November 2015), we ate at the Plaza for the first time as well - for lunch - and we were able to get an ADR. What we were surprised about was how small it was inside. I don't know what we were expecting, but it was a lot smaller than most of the other TS restaurants, so even scoring a reservation for lunch is probably pretty tough considering the number of tables. I hope you're able to get in via walk up!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom