One Sentence Competition - Season 3 Episode 1

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Extra! Extra! Citizens of Main Street
01c863936b448d51a4dbe338688ba275.jpg
The citizens of Main Street are a wonderful group of characters that interact with guests as they wander up to the castle, and they are beloved by thousands of people, but are often overlooked as crowds hurry to star attractions.

This new show, however, will provide a narrative for each character that will influence the story line for the day, and that story line can be altered to fit season changes and holidays.

Mayor Weaver will greet guests in front of Chamber of Commerce where he will be interrupted by Hildegard Olivia Harding and her friends who campaign against Weaver, and they engage in witty and humorous banter.

Multiple shows will happen through the day, as other characters will arrive to advance the narrative with jokes and stories; these are designed to have guest return to hear the rest of the day's events.

Alternate characters can stand in for the actors who are sick (Councillor Dewey Cheatem for Mayor Weaver), and this show can easily be moved to other location (like under the train station) for bad weather.

Bonus

In Disneyland Paris, in accordance with the 1920's motif, flappers and ragtime era characters will hold a similar show where they will dance and perform short songs, again providing a day long narrative filled with character backstories and histories. These shows can be moved to the Arcades for inclement weather.
f9f03f50056dfe0866c0294bcd1f95d8.jpg
This seems really creative and unique! Really fits just so perfectly with Main Street! I worry that the structure of the show would make it difficult for guests to ever see the whole thing without dedicating the majority of their day. Maybe just have the same scene happen a couple times in the morning. Then another a couple times in the afternoon, and another for the evening. Or add someway to catch up, like a dedicated "radio" broadcast somewhere in Main Street recapping it or a fake newspaper. I love the idea of this a ton though and it is a great fit. Very creative. I would worry that the average guest may find this a bit underwhelming for a new addition, but I'm sure a lot would love it (even if many still just walk right past it)

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Honorable Mention
honorable-mention-ribbon-1020-1-25-jpg.173155

@kmbmw777 - Gaslight
Even though I had some problems with this idea, I thought it's creativity was enough to earn an Honorable Mention.

Bronze Medal
bronze_medal.png

@Sephirenn - One Mouse's Wanderings
Capacity issues aside, I really like this idea. And I think that a small scale attraction like a walkthrough just makes so much sense for Main Street. Great first prompt here!

Silver Medal
94e277b35b521e8bfef0d840a52aceab.png

@FigmentPigments - Citizens of Main Street
While perhaps too small scale, this would be such a unique and well fitting addition that I would love so much. Really would be a great Disney experience.

Gold Medal
gold_medal.png

@DlpPhantom - Great Moments with Mr Walt
A great tribute and a great potential attraction. A real example that sometimes in this competition, less is more when it comes to presentations.

Congrats everyone! You really made this a tough round to judge!​

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Prompt 2
Feeling Festive?

Festival-Center-Food-and-Wine-Festival-15-002.jpg

-Scenario-
If there's one thing I've learned in the past couple of months on this site, it is that everyone looooooves the Food & Wine Festival at Epcot! If WDWmagic forums had their way, I'm pretty sure they'd want Food & Wine to go year round! But with more food booths and even more options for alcohol!

Alright, I'm being a bit tongue in cheek here. The festivals in Epcot are hugely popular even if they are not well liked by too many on here. Food & Wine may not be my thing, but the new Arts Festival sounds fun and I've loved Flower and Garden since I was a kid (though the faces give me the heebie jeebies every now and then lol).

Epcot-International-Flower-and-Garden-Festival_Full_26642.jpg
(Come on, tell me you aren't at least slightly worried that Snow White is about to come to life and go on a murder spree lol)

-Challenge-
Armchair Imagineers, your challenge is to create a new festival or special event for Epcot. Try to make it distinct from the Arts festival, Flower and Garden, and Food & Wine. You can focus it in one area of the park, or throughout the whole thing.

-Rules-
You may use between 1 and 5 sentences and up to 2 pictures. The deadline will be at 10 PM on Sunday, January 22nd.

Also, you can not cancel any currently running festivals.

-Bonus-
Disney loves to take everything they build and build it again somewhere else. As a bonus, you may use 1-2 additional sentences to describe where you would add a clone of your festival to one of the other Disney Parks around the world.

The bonus is mostly just for fun and will only effect judging if two ideas are equally good and I need a tie breaker OR if the bonus is exceptionally well done.

-tips-
K.I.S.S - Keep it simple, silly. Try not to over complicate or over think things too much. Focus on the big picture. Don't miss the forest for the trees. All that good stuff.

-Judging Criteria-
Is it creative?
Is it realistic?
Does it fit thematically/visually?

Good Luck everyone! Have fun! Go create!

As always, anyone is welcome to join in. Newcomers, veterans, anyone who wants to propose an idea!​

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
The Epcot Technology Festival takes place in the old innoventions buildings and the wonders of life. Showcasing the technology of the coming year the festival happens in October and November. It can also be found in the abandoned starcade building in Disneyland.
Might be the record for fastest response to a competition I've ever seen haha

Sephirenn

Press Release for Immediate Distribution

OSC. Corp is proud to announce Epcot's brand new Festival of the Sciences, taking place yearly during the months of June and July and focusing on three important tenets: Youth Science Fairs, Interactive Science Experiments, and MickFriends.

EPCOT's Festival of the Sciences

9cERSax.png

Epcot's Festival of the Sciences supports Walt's vision of learning and education with a focus on the community both local and abroad, amazing new technology, and interactive science experiments.

School Participation - Open spaces throughout Innoventions will be transformed into exhibit areas for local high school students and international high school students to display and discuss their own highly awarded science fair exhibits.

MickFriends - The Port of Entry area will be transformed into an area to rent or purchase wireless "MickFriends" stuffed figures which audibly walk you through an interactive Science Adventure throughout the park (available initially in Mickey, Figment, and Tom Morrow varieties).

World Showcase Science Kiosks - Throughout the World Showcase a number of kiosks will be open serving interactive food inventions (i.e. live edible volcano eruption) and leading live large group science experiment experiences (i.e. the weird power of group-think, paper airplane brawl), each one designed around a different Disney IP.

Last edited:

Magic Feather

EPCOT International Festival of Heritage
image.jpeg

As we look towards the future, it becomes ever important that we remeber our past triumphs, and ways of life, and it is with that the the new "EPCOT International Festival of Heritage" was born to take place from May 28, 2016 to August 15, 2017, in order to do just that. Guests will be able to venture through unique exhibition in Future World, about the history of EPCOT as well as the history of respective pavillions, such as a History of energy booth outside of the Universe of energy pavillion. Additionally, more exhibhits will be added to the World Showcase pavillions, with a variety of new food booths, boasting traditional cuisine from its respective country, alongside traditional performances in front of respective countries. The Festival Center in Wonders of Life will recieve additional pink hues, while boasting a clip show with EPCOT's history, alongside the Festival Village in World Showplace, with smaller exhibitions on Countries without a pavillion in world showcase lagoon. Two additional entertainment offerings will be added, being the Living Pavillions (3-minute projection shows on every Future World and World Showcase pavillion at random intervals that show the history of its respective country or concept) and Unity procession (where cultural dancers begin in their resoective countries, alongside a small scale float, as they all travel clockwise in a perfect procession).

Bonus: This festival will be cloned in concept to Calfornia Adventure, with Californian Heritage displayed.

spacemt354

Chili's
--Fitcot--
(January 1st - 31st)

Stationed in the former Wonders of Life Pavilion and running during the month of January (1st - 31st) will be the Fitcot Festival - a celebration of health and wellness, bringing back health themes to the now Festival Pavilion. Inside there will be areas for healthy eating (a sort of healthy Food and Wine Festival) fitness tips, aerobic futuristic equipment, and the latest health breakthroughs on display. These events will parallel the Disney Marathons taking place during the month of January as well, which will now feature a "Walk Around The World" Challenge: 10 laps around World Showcase in honor of healthy living, run every day in January as part of the festival. Challenge victors will receive an exclusive Epcot pin and shirt for their accomplishments. Overall, this new festival will not only call back to the days of old in Epcot Center, but offer something new and "healthy" for guests to experience.

kmbmw777

Hasbro's Festival of Family
hasbro-games.jpg

The wonders of life pavilion is turned into a refreshing lounge where families can play their favorite board games and just relax from the excitement of the parks. For one week, a new show is presented in the World Showcase Lagoon called "Risk," in which each of the countries navies go head to head to conquer the lagoon. There is a different result every time. Also new stations around the park sample "homely cooking" - stuff the average family consumes.

After three years of this festival- Hasbro sponsors a new pavilion to replace WoL, dedicated to the the family.​

FigmentPigments

Prompt 2
Feeling Festive?

Festival-Center-Food-and-Wine-Festival-15-002.jpg

-Scenario-
If there's one thing I've learned in the past couple of months on this site, it is that everyone looooooves the Food & Wine Festival at Epcot! If WDWmagic forums had their way, I'm pretty sure they'd want Food & Wine to go year round! But with more food booths and even more options for alcohol!

Alright, I'm being a bit tongue in cheek here. The festivals in Epcot are hugely popular even if they are not well liked by too many on here. Food & Wine may not be my thing, but the new Arts Festival sounds fun and I've loved Flower and Garden since I was a kid (though the faces give me the heebie jeebies every now and then lol).

Epcot-International-Flower-and-Garden-Festival_Full_26642.jpg
(Come on, tell me you aren't at least slightly worried that Snow White is about to come to life and go on a murder spree lol)

-Challenge-
Armchair Imagineers, your challenge is to create a new festival or special event for Epcot. Try to make it distinct from the Arts festival, Flower and Garden, and Food & Wine. You can focus it in one area of the park, or throughout the whole thing.

-Rules-
You may use between 1 and 5 sentences and up to 2 pictures. The deadline will be at 10 PM on Sunday, January 22nd.

Also, you can not cancel any currently running festivals.

-Bonus-
Disney loves to take everything they build and build it again somewhere else. As a bonus, you may use 1-2 additional sentences to describe where you would add a clone of your festival to one of the other Disney Parks around the world.

The bonus is mostly just for fun and will only effect judging if two ideas are equally good and I need a tie breaker OR if the bonus is exceptionally well done.

-tips-
K.I.S.S - Keep it simple, silly. Try not to over complicate or over think things too much. Focus on the big picture. Don't miss the forest for the trees. All that good stuff.

-Judging Criteria-
Is it creative?
Is it realistic?
Does it fit thematically/visually?

Good Luck everyone! Have fun! Go create!

As always, anyone is welcome to join in. Newcomers, veterans, anyone who wants to propose an idea!​
Festival of Stories
fetival-image-1.png
One of the things that brings the world together are stories; stories tell the lore, the myth, and the wonder of a culture often fraught with lessons and morals.

This new festival will encompass both Future World and World Showcase with each land telling a different story in a different way; China will tell their story using shadow puppets, the African Outpost will have a Griot playing a kora, and Morocco will have a zajal (poetry slam).

shadow-play.jpg
In Future World, the closed Innoventions will be converted into a interactive story experience where kids and adults alike are invited to create their own stories through a choose your own ending style adventure using technology to "suck" guests into the book.

At the Festival Center, guests can meet new up and coming and armature authors (who are invited to sell their books), take seminars on how to craft a story, a Q & A with a guest author (a new author will be scheduled every week), and kids can sit down with the Librarian for story time.

One of the highlights of the festival, is a giant book station where guests can write an ending to a story from the previous day, and if their ending is picked, it will be displayed at Innoventions for the duration of the festival; a new unfinished tale will appear daily to give guests a chance to express their creativity.

Bonus: This festival can be translated to Paris, Hong Kong, and Tokyo as well, but instead of different cultures telling their stories in a unique way, each park will have a tale specially made for each land that will evolve the mythology and backstory of that land. Guests are invited to vote each day on how the stories will change.

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
The Epcot Technology Festival takes place in the old innoventions buildings and the wonders of life. Showcasing the technology of the coming year the festival happens in October and November. It can also be found in the abandoned starcade building in Disneyland.
I like this idea. Nice and simple and a great fit for Epcot. My only complaint is that this feels like the type of thing Epcot should just have year round, not just as a festival. And I don't see it as filling the whole park like the other festivals do. But overall, really great.

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Press Release for Immediate Distribution

OSC. Corp is proud to announce Epcot's brand new Festival of the Sciences, taking place yearly during the months of June and July and focusing on three important tenets: Youth Science Fairs, Interactive Science Experiments, and MickFriends.

EPCOT's Festival of the Sciences

9cERSax.png

Epcot's Festival of the Sciences supports Walt's vision of learning and education with a focus on the community both local and abroad, amazing new technology, and interactive science experiments.

School Participation - Open spaces throughout Innoventions will be transformed into exhibit areas for local high school students and international high school students to display and discuss their own highly awarded science fair exhibits.

MickFriends - The Port of Entry area will be transformed into an area to rent or purchase wireless "MickFriends" stuffed figures which audibly walk you through an interactive Science Adventure throughout the park (available initially in Mickey, Figment, and Tom Morrow varieties).

World Showcase Science Kiosks - Throughout the World Showcase a number of kiosks will be open serving interactive food inventions (i.e. live edible volcano eruption) and leading live large group science experiment experiences (i.e. the weird power of group-think, paper airplane brawl), each one designed around a different Disney IP.
I would have gone crazy for this as a nerdy homeschooler growing up. I still would now and probably would push the kids out of my way to get a better view of the science stuff lol. And the MickFriends sounds very cool. A bit like the Pal Mickey they used to sell (he spouted fun facts about whatever you were in the park and told jokes). Tom Morrow is a bit of an odd choice for a third, but he can work I guess.

My only real complaint is using Innoventions as the main convention center for this. With Wonders of Life, Odysey, and Millenium Building all sitting empty other than their use as permanent festival centers. I would hate to see Innoventions get that same treatment.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom