Sci Fi Dine In

glennsgirl

Original Poster
Hi everyone I have a question regarding Sci Fi seats. We have ADRs for April for 6 adults, 4 being big guys in stature and build. I'd like to know if they'll be comfortable? Heights range from 6' to 6'4". We know there a regular tables to sit at but it kinda defeats the purpose of the whole drive-in experience if that makes sense lol We are looking for something different and have always passed this restaurant by, so we decided to give it a try but looking at some of the pictures I got to wondering if the seats will be big enough for them to be comfortable. I appreciate the help.Thanks!

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
They have cars that fit 6 with 2 on each row. A 3 row car. Yes it can be a little tight but it's still enjoyable and a unique must do at least once experience. ;)

Last edited:

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
Thank you sxeensweet for the quick reply! Looking forward to dining there.

You're so very welcome! Me and the hubby do enjoy it. Just ask for the cars that have 3 rows instead of 2. If it's 2 rows for 6 adults that would be extremely tight. lol I don't think they will put y'all in a 2 row but just mention it when you arrive. Also let them know nicely you don't want a regular table either and you will wait if need be. To me that takes away from the experience. :)

glennsgirl

Original Poster
You're so very welcome! Me and the hubby do enjoy it. Just ask for the cars that have 3 rows instead of 2. If it's 2 rows for 6 adults that would be extremely tight. lol I don't think they will put y'all in a 2 row but just mention it when you arrive. Also let them know nicely you don't want a regular table either and you will wait if need be. To me that takes away from the experience. :)

Exactly what I was thinking regarding the regular tables, it would defeat the purpose of the whole experience. Theres no way we would all fit in a two seater lol and thanks for the tip on letting them know we want a three seater not a table!

glennsgirl

Original Poster
As far as sitting in the car itself is concerned, I'm 6'4" and about 210 (on a good day). To me, at least, the car is just fine, especially sitting 2 by 2 by 2.

-dave

Thanks Dave! My son in law to be is 6'4" and about 280 lbs. he's a big boy! My youngest son is 6'1" and 210 my hubby and older son are both 6' are around 230-240. So I want them all to be comfortable and not feel bad and out of place if they can't fit. From the pictures I've seen, the seating and tables appear snug.

Disney4family

You won't get a regular table. They guarantee those with ADRs a car. The picnic tables are for walk-ups.
We always grab a Sci-Fi ADR for lunch. One year we were very surprised to be brought to a table. At first I was disappointed. Honestly, it was still a lot of fun and the 4 of us had a lot of room. We had a great experience.

DisneyJunkie

Sci-Fi Diner can be a big tight as far as the seating goes, and that coming from a 5'6 somewhat-slender guy. As far as the food and experience are concerned, it's definitely good to do at least once, but the food isn't good enough to go back to.....save for the milkshakes.

ToTBellHop

Sci-Fi Diner can be a big tight as far as the seating goes, and that coming from a 5'6 somewhat-slender guy. As far as the food and experience are concerned, it's definitely good to do at least once, but the food isn't good enough to go back to.....save for the milkshakes.
We really enjoy the new menu. We fought over that spicy pasta dish!

glennsgirl

Original Poster

DisneyJunkie, it looks snug from the pictures, and from reading about some people that went and said it was a little snug I decided to cancel the ADR. My guys are big boys and I want them to be comfortable. We're going to Trails End instead and spend some time at Fort Wilderness, it looks like there's lots to do there before our dinner. Thank you for the info!

contrariwise

DisneyJunkie, it looks snug from the pictures, and from reading about some people that went and said it was a little snug I decided to cancel the ADR. My guys are big boys and I want them to be comfortable. We're going to Trails End instead and spend some time at Fort Wilderness, it looks like there's lots to do there before our dinner. Thank you for the info!
I think you made a good choice, if for no other reason than food quality.

If you ever did decide to do Sci Fi, and people were uncomfortable in cars, you could ask to be moved to a table. We dined at a table once, and I really don't feel like we missed any ambience. You're seated behind the cars, so you do get the feeling of being at a drive-in. The food was not good though.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom