Planet Hollywood unveils redesign for Disney Springs

hrt16

More concept art from the Planet Hollywood Facebook
IMG_4595.JPG
IMG_4594.JPG
IMG_4596.JPG
IMG_4597.JPG

I am Timmy

I'll second this. Finally saw it in person and was surprised how much better it looked than online. Hard to saw why really... I think West Side can be a visually cacophonous experience, and PH's gray dome kind of helps the building blend in and not call too much attention to itself. I imagine with the nighttime lighting it'll look even better.
I am very happy to know this. The pics online are...meh? This is my son's favorite restaurant (although he does not know yet his favorite dish has been removed from the new menu), so we will reserve thoughts until Dec. when we visit to see for ourselves. The reservations online begin Jan. 20th, so I hope people will post pics of the inside!

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
I am very happy to know this. The pics online are...meh? This is my son's favorite restaurant (although he does not know yet his favorite dish has been removed from the new menu), so we will reserve thoughts until Dec. when we visit to see for ourselves. The reservations online begin Jan. 20th, so I hope people will post pics of the inside!
And pics of the food!

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Saturday, Jan 14. The dome looks much better now that the fabric has been tightened and fastened. The entrance lobby "chandelier" as seen in the Facebook concept art posted above is installed and can be viewed from outside through the windows.

IMG_9034.JPG

A close-up of the outside bar on the lower level, Stargazers.

IMG_9032.JPG

An eye-level view of the back observation deck.

IMG_9038.JPG

WDWtraveler

Orlando Sentinel newspaper update as of Monday, Jan 16. Business Section, by Kyle Arnold.
"Planet Hollywood Observatory intends to make its long-awaited debut next week. While it doesn't have an exact opening date, an employee at the restaurant said it is taking reservations for as early as Jan. 22. The restaurant has been closed for nearly a year for a complete revamp, transforming it from star-plastered globe into an early 20th century observatory.
Planet Hollywood Observatory will also open with a revamped menu curated by food celebrity and TV personality Guy Fieri. It includes dishes such as chicken fingers coated in Cap'n Crunch cereal and "Big Bite Burgers."
The renovation has cost the Orlando-based company about $25 million, owner Robert Earl said. The restaurant will be open for lunch, starting at 11 a.m., and takes reservations as late as 10:45 p.m.
The company hosted a job fair in September to hire nearly 500 workers. The restaurant closed in January 2016 and laid off 468 people. It originally intended to open in June 2016, but experienced construction delays, a representative for the company said."

roj2323

Original Poster
Orlando Sentinel newspaper update as of Monday, Jan 16. Business Section, by Kyle Arnold.
"Planet Hollywood Observatory intends to make its long-awaited debut next week. While it doesn't have an exact opening date, an employee at the restaurant said it is taking reservations for as early as Jan. 22. The restaurant has been closed for nearly a year for a complete revamp, transforming it from star-plastered globe into an early 20th century observatory.
Planet Hollywood Observatory will also open with a revamped menu curated by food celebrity and TV personality Guy Fieri. It includes dishes such as chicken fingers coated in Cap'n Crunch cereal and "Big Bite Burgers."
The renovation has cost the Orlando-based company about $25 million, owner Robert Earl said. The restaurant will be open for lunch, starting at 11 a.m., and takes reservations as late as 10:45 p.m.
The company hosted a job fair in September to hire nearly 500 workers. The restaurant closed in January 2016 and laid off 468 people. It originally intended to open in June 2016, but experienced construction delays, a representative for the company said."
Why in the world would they have a job fair 5 months from the opening date? Do they really expect people to wait around for that amount of time? That's kinda nuts. Also how does one restaurant have 500 employees?

I am Timmy

I looked on their website again today, reservations changed from starting Jan. 20th to Jan. 23rd. That change was from only a few days ago, so I guess we'll see which day they actually let people eat food. Looking forward to pics!

Next Big Thing

Why in the world would they have a job fair 5 months from the opening date? Do they really expect people to wait around for that amount of time? That's kinda nuts. Also how does one restaurant have 500 employees?
I know for sure they had that job fair back then... I attended it (and got a job offer). I know many others that went and got hired as well. They were very clear it would be awhile until the restaurant opened and even a few months until training started. Many of the people that got hired there work elsewhere in Disney Springs, so waiting around really wasn't an issue. It was more assurance of a future job.

HiYa Pal

Its open, I think, almost 12 hours a day, 7 days a week, has multiple bars, a gift shop, servers, cooks, cleaners, management, and 99% of those positions are part time, that's easily 500 employees. (The key to that number of employees is the part time factor, plus a buffer for the inevitable turnover)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom