Trip Report A Jingle BAM Birthday! *COMPLETED*

*Sorry for the bump. This TR is from December 2016*

Let me begin by giving a shout out to all park commandos ~ those who arrive at the parks at opening and stay until closing ~ those who only use the hotel room to sleep and shower ~

We SALUTE you!!!!!

After a whirlwind 48 hours in the world, we have a new appreciation for the stamina of a park commando. We gave it our all and had a blast ~ though a third non-stop day would have likely killed us!

So do your warm-up stretches and prepare to join us on a quick jog through three parks as we celebrate the quarter-century of a wonderful gal named Em.

Cast: Tuvalu and TrolleyFollower91
Date: December 1-3, 2016
Resort: Coronado Springs

ED519906-2F00-471A-BC91-E64C852895B5-444-000000A1DCD8DBD9_tmp.jpg

Ready, Set, GO!

Last edited:

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Sometimes, a couple gals gotta do what they gotta do. ;)

And it seems the payoff was worth it!!
'Twas! :D

The Coronado is a resort I've stayed at a few times. I have mixed reactions to. Food is one of the downfalls yet they have changed Peppers yet again since I've stayed. They after all these years still have not gotten a grip on what the heck to do with their various restaurants. Maybe they've hit upon it finally. Just can't seem to decide if they want to cater to Conventions or Tourist Guests. An older resort still trying to find itself. Still I have really enjoyed the resort overall. Not my first choice but a well themed resort and not cheaply created either, it has flare. And I too am intrigued by the meal. I'd love that.
CS is a beautiful resort and I highly recommend the pork carnitas (you'll learn more later!)

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
I hear ya! I can't even do Star Tours. :cry:

But Dumbo & Aladdin have never been a problem - it's a slow, wide spin. :)
I've ridden Star Tours numerous times.....always with my eyes closed!! :joyfull:

None of my family does spinny. It is ugly. Still Dumbo, Carousel, Carpets, Dino's don't seem to phase any of us beyond son. If it is a circle he doesn't ride. *eye roll* by the rest of us. Now I read your post and wonder maybe he isn't over analyzing. Well maybe.
He probably isn't. I had to concentrate on not feeling dizzy during the short magic carpet ride. It's just easier to skip the spinnys than put myself through the angst. ;)

I love spinning rides! (Then again, I'm a dizzy dame to begin with! :p :joyfull: )
I figured as much, @MinnieM123! :cat:

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Saturday (con't)

This CM was out beckoning people to visit the jungle. Guess most people were standing in line for Mine Train!
IMG_4611.JPG

Disney Birthday 2016-3-7.jpg

5 minute standby? Of course we'll take advantage!

Disney Birthday 2016-3-8.jpg

Disney Birthday 2016-93-30.jpg

Disney Birthday 2016-29.jpg

Even more new jokes on this cruise! We appreciate the skippers who can deadpan enthusiastically (is that even a thing?)

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Choosing to go to Adventureland first had truly paid off. Notice the clock....we entered Jingle Cruise at 8:30 am and exited less than 10 minutes later. Our next attraction was a walk-on too. :D

Disney Birthday 2016-3-9.jpg

Where are all the people??!!??
Disney Birthday 2016-3-10.jpg

No one in the boat ahead of us, and no one in the boat behind us. Em and I had our boat to ourselves. We had to sit in Row 3 in order to balance the weight. :cautious: No drenching on this ride either!

Disney Birthday 2016-3-11.jpg

Disney Birthday 2016-3-12.jpg

Someone take the redhead already!
Disney Birthday 2016-3-14.jpg

These blokes always make me :).
Disney Birthday 2016-3-16.jpg

DisneyJeff

In the Parks
No
We practically had the park to ourselves and didn't have to pay an upcharge for the experience!

Maybe because I am left handed, but we tend to go to the left toward Adventurland first thing at MK. I think most of the crowds go to the right towards Tomorrowland (or to the Mine Train). It's always deserted. You can pretty much get that side of the park done in an hour.

I don't know if the change in the Welcome Show will change this. Will people line up at the ropes at the front of each land? If people see a large crowd waiting to get into Tomorrowland, will they say "Why don't we go to Adventureland first? There's nobody at that rope!" Hmmm.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
just caught up, nice report, as always. thanks
Thanks for reading! :geek:

Maybe because I am left handed, but we tend to go to the left toward Adventurland first thing at MK. I think most of the crowds go to the right towards Tomorrowland (or to the Mine Train). It's always deserted. You can pretty much get that side of the park done in an hour.

I don't know if the change in the Welcome Show will change this. Will people line up at the ropes at the front of each land? If people see a large crowd waiting to get into Tomorrowland, will they say "Why don't we go to Adventureland first? There's nobody at that rope!" Hmmm.
I remember years ago (before the Welcome show was added) lining up at the Adventureland rope in order to take the shortcut to Splash Mountain. We always visited in summer and Splash always had the longest line, so we beelined it there first.

The adage, everything old is new again may indeed prove true if your speculation about the change is right!

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
We could have ridden BTMRR again (standby was 10 minutes) or Splash Mountain (standby 5 minutes, but we don't like "winter wet"). However, the Graduate was interested in seeing another Great Moment in History and the first show was starting shortly.

We had time to pop in Frontier Mercantile. It's mostly pins and snacks, so we were in and out quickly.

IMG_4619.JPG

We browsed more slowly in Ye Olde Christmas Shoppe.

IMG_4623.JPG

IMG_4622.JPG

There is also Muppet merchandise. Not Christmassy, but it is the closest gift shop to the show. :rolleyes:

IMG_4621.JPG

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Em and I were able to experience four more attractions before our 11:30 am ADR. If you're keeping count, that would be 8 attractions....plus Muppets....before our early lunch. :happy:

After our history lesson, we went to meet 999 happy haunts.
845599B1-A6DB-4E57-BCA1-8D956DBD5013-444-000000A89E850944_tmp.jpg

IMG_4626.JPG

Yeah.......apparently the hitchhiking ghosts forgot to follow us home. :in pain:
4F7F1983-01D7-4AD5-9593-882F9DBACF7D-444-000000A78C14FC21_tmp.jpg

Let's follow one embarrassing photo with another....

IMG_4627.JPG

Ignoring the rules, Em put on her opera glasses before going inside the theater.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
"We haven't visited my favorite gift store yet," said the Graduate.

DONE!
IMG_4628.JPG

Em likes this store because it is usually MY money that gets spent! And today was no different ~ a yellow Belle onesie with a tutu and matching socks ~ for baby Tuvalette. :inlove:

Since the favorite gift shop is next to a favorite ride, it was a given this was next.
IMG_4630.JPG

Clam shell selfie!
IMG_4631.JPG

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom