New nighttime show 'Rivers of Light' confirmed to be coming to Disney's Animal Kingdom

mikeh

Well I would imagine they wouldn't be able to run three shows all the time. Two is obviously better than one.

I was under the impression that 3 was the goal, but you're right, two is better than one and one is better than none. Hopefully they're able to put a show together that they're proud of and get it in front of guests soon

Last edited:

Magic Feather

To expand, they seem to officially have an "absolute latest" day for the show around March 13. The bottom line is to get this open before Spring Break: Wave One. The January date seems to be off the table, and the February date seems to be the top contender, as they want a few guests runs before the big time (the philosophy that led to the scrapped December, November, and October dates). Overall, the best word to describe the coming of the show is "soon".

Kman101

LOL, it's been "soon" for so long now ;) Let's hope they can actually stick to the March date. It's hard to believe any timetable anymore regarding this show (not saying I don't trust our insiders, it's just clear this show has problems and keeps getting delayed time and time again). It'll premiere when it premieres. I can't get my hopes up anymore.

Notes from Neverland

This went from "seeming like a guarantee" for my trip, to a "most likely" for my trip, to a "maybe for my trip" before landing on the current "maybe a couple months" after my trip status.

jrhwdw

To expand, they seem to officially have an "absolute latest" day for the show around March 13. The bottom line is to get this open before Spring Break: Wave One. The January date seems to be off the table, and the February date seems to be the top contender, as they want a few guests runs before the big time (the philosophy that led to the scrapped December, November, and October dates). Overall, the best word to describe the coming of the show is "soon".
The talk about the March date seems reasonable. One thing.....if they miss the Feb date(let's hope not!)are they able to push for the day after, the week after, any date up to March 13th? Or do they have to wait to March 13 if the Feb date is missed? Might we haves clues, like more CM previews or is this opening cold turkey?

Magic Feather

The talk about the March date seems reasonable. One thing.....if they miss the Feb date(let's hope not!)are they able to push for the day after, the week after, any date up to March 13th? Or do they have to wait to March 13 if the Feb date is missed? Might we haves clues, like more CM previews or is this opening cold turkey?
It won't be a day after, probably a week or two

dreamscometrue

The last night of our upcoming trip is at DAK...March 8th. There's a chance. :)

Jeremy Geertsema

so, are they making some story changes then, what's the hold up? The tech and floats are supposedly fixed, so let's go! It seems like they're (or people high up) just scared to start running the show...

TTA94

so, are they making some story changes then, what's the hold up? The tech and floats are supposedly fixed, so let's go! It seems like they're (or people high up) just scared to start running the show...

Most of the CM previews went ok so I'm wondering as well what the hold up is now. Changes being made? Id like to think they are trying to get the floating lanterns working before opening lol.

ABQ

Most of the CM previews went ok so I'm wondering as well what the hold up is now. Changes being made?
I have to wonder if they are still trying to work out the crowd management. As large as the area may appear, it doesn't hold very many people and the walkways around the area aren't very large. It's almost as if the show needs to be either a bit underwhelming or appeal to only a portion of the crowd in attendance for the seating to be sufficient. If it goes nearly 100% FP+ or some sort of dining package, though Disney doesn't care, it'll tick off a ton of people.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Most of the CM previews went ok so I'm wondering as well what the hold up is now. Changes being made? Id like to think they are trying to get the floating lanterns working before opening lol.
Some relatively minor changes have been made since the CM previews. Don't expect to see the floating lanterns at opening.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom