Questions for a First Timer Rental

Mesden

Original Poster
I'm looking at different online sources that rent points. As I've never done this before, I am checking for things like:

- Do they have a phone number they can be reached at.
- Do they list their address on the website that isn't just a PO Box.
- Do they have a Facebook Page that the business actively posts on and does it have plenty of authentic (and positive) reviews.

So... Yeah, that's just the preliminary stuff. I've never rented points before, but from my understanding, I'm assuming that these businesses have a large pool of DVC Members that will accept a contract, which could take some time... So here is my question.

If I go through a business (I'll use David's Vacation Club as an example) -- Say I put in a request with David's Vacation Club, could I then go to another business like the DVC Rental Store and put in a request with them to increase the amount of DVC Members my request is reaching out to? Or is that considered a shady tactic?

...or if I put in a reservation with just one business, how long should I wait for a DVC Member to accept the contract before re-analyzing my approach and trying my luck with a different business? (I really don't have any idea if I'm approaching this with the right idea, I've never done this before so please don't rip at me if these questions are out of line. That's why I'm asking, so that I know what to ask and what to do.)

Last edited:

DVC Mike

Yes. David's is located in Canada and the DVC Rental Store is located in North Carolina. You can see their address and phone number on their BBB proflles. Both also have Facebook pages.

I believe David's requires payment of $105 to start the search.

Phonedave

They don't work quite that way. People will put their points up for rent with a company like David's - so they have an inventory of points that they know they can rent. When you make a request, there is a good chance that they will be able to quickly turn around and say they have a match for you.

If you are trying to rent very popular combinations (like EPCOT properties during F&W) then you may have to wait to see what they can find. Or if you are trying to make a last minute rental, the same may apply.

You could start a search with multiple companies, but as DVC Mike said, some do required a up front fee to even begin a search.

-dave

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom