Internal Transfer Question

Amy1115

Original Poster
So I started working for Disney last month and from what I've heard you aren't allowed to transfer out of your current position for 6 months. However I was browsing around the transfers page and saw that a 6th month minimum was not required to transfer to a photopass photographer postion. Is that a simple mix-up on that post or would that be true? The reason I ask is I was really looking forward to being in a guest-facing role and am currently working in a kitchen. Anyway just wondering if anyone has any insight. Thanks!

Monorail_Red

Back when I was a CP I was actually able to transfer to another area while still in the CP about 2 months in. So, I guess anything is possible. I'm not sure what the current requirements are, but if its something you want to do I say go after it. Worst that can happen is they say no. And that may very well be the case, but it won't hurt to look into. Best of luck.

Tinkrbell

CPs cannot transfer roles during their program. They're able to extend to another line of business or apply for part/full time in another role when their program ends. I don't think Transfer Genie (the internal transfer website) will let CPs put in for anything until 6 weeks before their program ends.

Monorail_Red

I agree that the transfer genie will not allow it however it is possible - I've done it personally during my program. But that's neither here nor there. Anything is possible if you keep an open dialog with your manager(s).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom