Star Wars: Rogue One

Phroobar

I wonder why they haven't put in a preview at Disneyland for this movie. They do it for every other big movie they release why not Rogue One? They even did it for the BFG and Pete's Dragon. Is it because Rogue One doesn't need TFA marketing blitz or even what was done for Dr. Strange / Beauty & the Beast. Maybe they just think everyone will show with minimal advertising or they just have no faith in it (like John Carter).

WhatJaneSays

Purely a guess but there could be a possibility of a 15-30 second Ep VIII "teaser trailer" being attached to Rogue One after the first of the year. It's a great incentive for people to go see Rogue One again, particularly in a 3rd week of release. Seeing a teaser trailer for the Super Bowl is relatively likely too. I'd suspect a title announcement and full trailer around that time too, but I feel they may hold out until Star Wars Celebration in April and do title drop and first "proper" trailer at the convention.

tribbleorlfl

I'd suspect a title announcement and full trailer around that time too, but I feel they may hold out until Star Wars Celebration in April and do title drop and first "proper" trailer at the convention.
You can book that. I've heard that tickets aren't selling as well as previous events (probably mainly because of the Easter weekend timing), so they're going to need something big to drive anticipation and demand.

Phroobar

Cameo ship. Bottom left side.

CzBV2OAUAAAMUmy.jpg

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
Apparently, members of the alt-right are trying to organize a boycott of this because it's "anti-white, anti-man". Good luck with that, fellas. As someone said elsewhere, 2016 has been a crap year for everyone BUT The Mouse.

yeah...all 250 members of it....

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
Got my seat for Thursday night. The only one that had reserved seating for my theater was the 3D version. I am kind of over 3D but I reserved anyways. Don't feel like fighting for a seat.

CaptainAmerica

Apparently, members of the alt-right are trying to organize a boycott of this because it's "anti-white, anti-man". Good luck with that, fellas. As someone said elsewhere, 2016 has been a crap year for everyone BUT The Mouse.
There's an interesting nuance in that dynamic that I think a lot of people fail to recognize. There IS a legitimate strain of diversity-just-for-diversity's sake in Hollywood but I think Disney has done a masterful job of appealing to all demographics without pandering. See Ghostbusters for an example of the wrong way to do this kind of thing. See Moana and The Force Awakens for the right way. Moana and The Force Awakens worked not because they had female leads but because Moana (the character) and Rey were freaking awesome.

A fringe group who has a member appointed to the President-Elect's cabinet.
People say "alt-right" without knowing what it even means.

tk924

I've stopped watching all these TV spots and clips for fear of them giving away too much.

And 2016 has been a great year! Plus, we're getting another Star Wars movie!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom