What did you do?

Swissmiss

Premium Member
Not been posting it, but still trying to run 3 times a week - which is not easy between all the work and school Christmas parties and events! I think I need to be satisfied with 2 runs and a long weekend walk for the next couple of weeks - and then if I get in more its all gravy ;)

JillC LI

7 miles this weekend.

Sunday it started to rain at mile 3 and a neighborhood dog ran the last 4 miles with me. I think she was pacing me because I ran a bit faster than usual. :)

I wish I could do more than a half mile with my dog. She certainly has the energy but I never trained her sufficiently not to either pull me when she gets excited that we are running or to stop and sniff things indiscriminately! LOL

dreamfinder

2.7@2i, 1.5@7:30, 1.2@7:13

I wish I could do more than a half mile with my dog. She certainly has the energy but I never trained her sufficiently not to either pull me when she gets excited that we are running or to stop and sniff things indiscriminately! LOL

Ditto. Although our poor girl right now doesn't make it any further than the end of the driveway and back on walks.

Greenlawler

Sunday's "aggressive" 12 turned into a "mildly up tempo" 9:15 pace :)

Monday and Tuesday I did 6 milers at 9:40 in the rapidly dropping temps and rain here in Middle TN. No fun but not as cold as some of you guys have it for sure.

Today tackling a ten miler, treadmill time though.

Greenlawler

So I was at home, had to pick up the boys in an hour and a half....

But I had a ten miler looming, and I was determined to squeeze it in. Hate running while my boys are at home.

Which led to 10 miles at 8:33 which is probably tapping my speed out, at this current weight.

JillC LI

My friggin TM is not working properly again. On Tuesday I did 4 miles speedwork on it, and towards the end I noticed that the belt was slipping the tiniest bit here and there but it was throwing me off my balance and was clearly dangerous. So yesterday I did 4 miles outside although it was very dreary out. I also called the TM repair company and had a huge argument with a a manager about how they should come back and fix it properly at no additional charge even though they only gave a 30 day service warranty because they clearly did not replace the belt properly 10 weeks ago if it is slipping already. I am happy to say I won the argument and they are supposed to come next week. But that means I will have to run in the dark sometimes until then which I hate. Plus they were not very reliable with their appt times last time. Fingers crossed that this is fixed quickly!

Texas84

Weekly Light Side 3-4-3 done. 9 miler this Saturday will be in freezing temps. Should be sunny though. Tuesday morning's run was in a heavy rain and very fast. :)

I think I start 3-5-3 next week. But I'm not complaining because if I was doing Dopey it would be 5-8-5.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Nothing, I've been doing absolutely nothing for nearly two weeks.... :(

Had surgery on my left eye over a week ago (don't ask). Doctor indicated that I should be able to continue my activities with a couple of days (the pain the day after was, well, almost as bad as childbirth), but no.....my body said "hah, hah, I'm taking a vacation"! First, the painkiller my eye doctor prescribed made me violently ill (add that one to the long list of opioids I can't tolerate) and once I got it out of my system, the flu decided to pay a visit. So I've been in bed for nearly a week. No running, no gym, just sleeping, watching some TV, coughing, etc. Thought I might try some of the 8 miles scheduled for tomorrow, but I still have a wicked cough and am doing my best frog imitation. But no fever! I haven't been this sick in several years. Felt so bad that not even chocolate could entice me.

Hopefully I can get back on track next week...February will be here before you know it.

@JillC LI, bummer about your TM.

Greenlawler

Weekly Light Side 3-4-3 done. 9 miler this Saturday will be in freezing temps. Should be sunny though. Tuesday morning's run was in a heavy rain and very fast. :)

I think I start 3-5-3 next week. But I'm not complaining because if I was doing Dopey it would be 5-8-5.

Yes us Dopey's are hosed this weekend, 10 and 20 milers here we come :(

JillC LI

Nothing, I've been doing absolutely nothing for nearly two weeks.... :(

Had surgery on my left eye over a week ago (don't ask). Doctor indicated that I should be able to continue my activities with a couple of days (the pain the day after was, well, almost as bad as childbirth), but no.....my body said "hah, hah, I'm taking a vacation"! First, the painkiller my eye doctor prescribed made me violently ill (add that one to the long list of opioids I can't tolerate) and once I got it out of my system, the flu decided to pay a visit. So I've been in bed for nearly a week. No running, no gym, just sleeping, watching some TV, coughing, etc. Thought I might try some of the 8 miles scheduled for tomorrow, but I still have a wicked cough and am doing my best frog imitation. But no fever! I haven't been this sick in several years. Felt so bad that not even chocolate could entice me.

Hopefully I can get back on track next week...February will be here before you know it.

@JillC LI, bummer about your TM.

Ugh. Feel better and don't jump back into 8 miles so fast!
Got an appointment for the TM next Wednesday. Fingers crossed it's as simple as a quick fix that day.

dreamfinder

Sat was 10.5@2i, 9min@8:34, 1min@9:30, followed by another 8+ on the bike. Sun was 2.1ish pushing the jogger at a Christmas light run. Ran with family, so it was more family time than anything, but it was enjoyable. Bike today.

Yes us Dopey's are hosed this weekend, 10 and 20 milers here we come :(

Well then I'm doubly hosed. ; ) Like last year, I'm pretty much shooting to do half Goofy's and will go from that. Dropping down my pace is the only thing that save me from not actually having enough time to get in quality long runs.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom