The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Figgy1

Premium Member
So this is happening this morning (sorry for the screen in my shot, I didn't feel like going outside for a better shot)....

View attachment 177702
I'm kind of excited about it, it is the first real snow of the season and it is putting me in the Christmas spirit. @MinnieM123 , don't get any ideas about converting me to cold and snow though, I'd still rather have warm temps and green grass. :)

Snow is starting here. Suppose to snow all day. :arghh:

Monkey Bread

DSC04863.JPG
Sympathies, warm hugs and I hope you have hot chocolate

Goofyernmost

So this is happening this morning (sorry for the screen in my shot, I didn't feel like going outside for a better shot)....

View attachment 177702
I'm kind of excited about it, it is the first real snow of the season and it is putting me in the Christmas spirit. @MinnieM123 , don't get any ideas about converting me to cold and snow though, I'd still rather have warm temps and green grass. :)
Good to know.
Screens cannot cover,
The ugly of snow.

Chilly here today as well, doesn't look like it will get above 48 degrees today. Parka, mittens, knit hats along with shorts and sandals are everywhere. :)

donaldtoo

A bank run is what we call taking deposits to the bank and restocking the restaurant safe. I would always say I was going somewhere else for safety.

The only place I ever worked where I did bank runs was the seasonal calendar/game/toy store I used to work at. We had to drop the deposit off at the bank after store closing every night.
At the Disney Store the daily deposits were put in sealable, numbered, clear plastic bags, and then placed in the safe. The Garda armored truck guys would pick them up 3 times a week.
I never dealt with any of the banking at any of the other retail places I worked. :)

Songbird76

@Songbird76 we watched episode #3 of GG last night. Interesting one-but not my favorite. Both my DD and I both noted what seemed to be many many minutes of 'filler' which has never been the case with GG's.
The Musical? I thought that was funny, but there was too much of it. I think my favorite was the Winter episode. And there are parts of the 4th one that I loved and parts that I was like ????

Songbird76

So sad. Why don't teacher's take responsibility for their classroom, and outside. We had monitor's on the playground and before and after school. They came from the teacher's at the school. I never got bullied, as a result. But things changed over the years...DD had some incidents of bullying.
Well they hire parents to monitor recess at lunch and the teachers monitor during morning recess and before and after school. It's just that in general they stand there talking to each other instead of actually monitoring and there are a lot of corners where kids can easily hide if they don't want to be seen. A couple of years ago, some kids dragged DS to a corner and told him he had to kiss this girl and he refused and they wouldn't let go of him until I saw it and walked over...then they scattered. Not really bullying, but the kids know where they can be seen and where they can't.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
The Musical? I thought that was funny, but there was too much of it. I think my favorite was the Winter episode. And there are parts of the 4th one that I loved and parts that I was like ????

We finished the last episode a few days ago. Liked the first two more than the last two but they did certainly leave the door wide open for another revival.

I'm going to have to watch them again. Be interesting to see what I missed.

Songbird76

Your system stinks, bullying is the repeated action of one student against another, over and over. I can't see how this will ever change until attitudes change about what bullying really is. I'm so sorry for your son. I always felt sorry for kids being bullied. I picked the person being bullied as my friend. Does your son have someone to hang out with. That might help. People are just so uncaring anymore....I will pray he can find a friend.
He has one friend he likes to play with, but the boy has serious ADHD and mostly plays inside because he can't handle the noise and activity on the playground. He has headphones for in class, but the recess gets him too hyped, so he stays inside and DS is not allowed to stay inside because they want him to make other connections, which he can't if he's not where all the other kids are. I told them I agree with that, but there's also his safety to consider and if those "connections" are taking advantage of him, then I'd rather he didn't make THOSE connections. Better to have one GOOD friend than a passel that bully him.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Don Rickles is so-so for me. He can be really funny and at other times it is like a creepy old man trying to be funny.

Yeah, Rickles to me was a creeper type that tried to cover it up with humor. His show was uncomfortable. Set up a bit like Laugh Floor as he found guests to zero in on but mean spirited.

Figgy1

Premium Member
The only place I ever worked where I did bank runs was the seasonal calendar/game/toy store I used to work at. We had to drop the deposit off at the bank after store closing every night.
At the Disney Store the daily deposits were put in sealable, numbered, clear plastic bags, and then placed in the safe. The Garda armored truck guys would pick them up 3 times a week.
I never dealt with any of the banking at any of the other retail places I worked. :)
You've been lucky. Way back I had to do it on a moped seeing I wasn't old enough to drive

Figgy1

Premium Member
He has one friend he likes to play with, but the boy has serious ADHD and mostly plays inside because he can't handle the noise and activity on the playground. He has headphones for in class, but the recess gets him too hyped, so he stays inside and DS is not allowed to stay inside because they want him to make other connections, which he can't if he's not where all the other kids are. I told them I agree with that, but there's also his safety to consider and if those "connections" are taking advantage of him, then I'd rather he didn't make THOSE connections. Better to have one GOOD friend than a passel that bully him.
I generally agree kids should try and be around as many other children at play time as is possible but safety first. If the monitors can't keep all of them safe your ds should be allowed to be with his friend because it would do them both a world of good!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom