If all of us invested into Disney's common stock, then we could vote on the board of directors

WDWTank

Original Poster
Hi everyone,
Just wanted to clear this up on the forums..
If all of us invested into Disney's common stock, then we would have voting powers on the board of directors.
This includes the C.E.O, the C.F.O., Bob Iger, etc.
We as fans of the Walt Disney Company can follow our dreams and steer Disney to the direction we want..
As fans we are also part of Adam Smith's "invisible hand" concept, which indicates that only consumers can ultimately decide the fate of a mega-corporation, theme park developer, animation studio, and some of the world's most creative minds.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I think it would be pretty difficult to get everybody on board

I get it!

Also... would you trust the members of this forum to pick board members? A quarter of the people here want to raze the parks to rebuild them right. Another quarter wants to put back every ride that closed. And another quarter wants Disney to give everything away for free.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
the problem with this idea is if you become a large enough shareholder you want to see a return on your investment which could cause an issue with those who might buy a few shares to vote their way to whatever grandiose idea they have about how the company should be run.

Daveeeeed

the problem with this idea is if you become a large enough shareholder you want to see a return on your investment which could cause an issue with those who might buy a few shares to vote their way to whatever grandiose idea they have about how the company should be run.
Then you can just not participate. Also we could have common sense, for profit, but also long-term investments made and generally better upkeep of the attractions.

IanDLBZF

Also... would you trust the members of this forum to pick board members? A quarter of the people here want to raze the parks to rebuild them right. Another quarter wants to put back every ride that closed. And another quarter wants Disney to give everything away for free.
I would say I would NEVER trust the members of the forums to pick board members! This is where problems can and will develop, especially since almost every single person here won't agree with everything. If they want to elect people to the board, we need to have common ground first.

Daveeeeed

I would say I would NEVER trust the members of the forums to pick board members! This is where problems can and will develop, especially since almost every single person here won't agree with everything. If they want to elect people to the board, we need to have common ground first.
I think
I think a popular vote -- 1 per share you own could work, and someone trusted such as Steve could control. That's how we could elect. It's really a fictional idea at this time, but it's fun to think about.

Vinny

I get it!

Actually, I think WE ALL would really love it, if all of the members who contribute to WDW Magic.com were heavily influencing the majority of the board members. I truly believe we could find a happy medium as to what to build, preserve, rebuild, and what new to add that is completely different then the norm. I believe the people on this site love Walt Disney World and the rest of the Walt Disney Company and history, maybe even more than the majority of the board members. Imagine if we had, our way.... WOW. We would have three new HUGE super theme parks built in five years, and forget about the resorts (i meant forget about the resorts sarcastically, every resort would become beyond 5 stars great, or seven, whatever is the new accepted scale). I for one believe they should only build villas and huge suites in the new hotel towers, (and lower the rental price per sq. foot). Let's at least quadruple the square footage of every hotel unit!!! (unit=hotel room - for those of you new to real estate) What is the current average duartion time actually spent on all the ride attractions? (2 to 3 mintues if we are lucky, let's get it up to 20 mins!!!) Haha, but seriously this is stuff I wish we could really accomplish. It would be so aswesome! Us all buying up Disney stock is one of the best ideas anyone has posted on this site! Let's make it a goal to accomplish. We all probably never supported the idea much because we were afraid of inflating the price as we all secretly plan to buy up Disney stock when we hit the lottery! lol, or maybe that was just me, lolll

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom