NCAA Football

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
I'm guessing Bama, Clemson, The Ohio State, Washington. :)

I actually think that after OSU beats Michigan that they both should be in.,it won't happen though.

I can't see the Committee putting a one loss OSU over Michigan. OSU will probably be 5th, but we will have to wait until Tuesday, along with that other thing happening Tuesday.

21stamps

Original Poster
I can't see the Committee putting a one loss OSU over Michigan. OSU will probably be 5th, but we will have to wait until Tuesday, along with that other thing happening Tuesday.
Oh I don't think OSU will be in the top 4 until they beat Michigan.
After they win that game it will be their 4th win against a top 10 team..and the one loss to a ranked team who has definitely been moving up. I can't see any way where they wouldn't make the playoffs at that point.

The 3 other teams wouldn't have that kind of resume.

In 2014 OSU was ranked 16 when the first committee poll came out...so I guess other teams could move up this year, just not sure of who yet.

LAKid53

Premium Member
Oh I don't think OSU will be in the top 4 until they beat Michigan.
After they win that game it will be their 4th win against a top 10 team..and the one loss to a ranked team who has definitely been moving up. I can't see any way where they wouldn't make the playoffs at that point.

The 3 other teams wouldn't have that kind of resume.

In 2014 OSU was ranked 16 when the first committee poll came out...so I guess other teams could move up this year, just not sure of who yet.

I can't see the top 2 changing before Thanksgiving weekend or conference championship games. I think the winner of the Michigan/OSU game will definitely end up in the top 4. There's no one left on Clemson's schedule who can realistically beat them. I'd say the same about 'Bama, but we all remember that missed field goal in 2013....

LAKid53

Premium Member
@21stamps,

Wow, what a Saturday for college football! When's the last time #2, #3 and #4 lost on the same day? 1985, according to ESPN.

You should be happy...OSU will most likely be #2.

'Bama and Western Michigan are the only undefeated teams.

LAKid53

Premium Member
@21stamps,

Have,you recovered yet? Did you find a place to watch the game? Our building at GF must have been the UF building...I saw more Gator t shirts than any other. A day it seemed college team shirts out ranked Disney shirts yesterday at Epcot

But the Noles won, in decisive fashion, yesterday. The seniors get the distinction, first time in FSU's history, of never losing to both UF and Miami their four years. It felt good.

Hopefully we will get a nod from the Orange Bowl, since Louisville lost

21stamps

Original Poster
@21stamps,

Have,you recovered yet? Did you find a place to watch the game? Our building at GF must have been the UF building...I saw more Gator t shirts than any other. A day it seemed college team shirts out ranked Disney shirts yesterday at Epcot

But the Noles won, in decisive fashion, yesterday. The seniors get the distinction, first time in FSU's history, of never losing to both UF and Miami their four years. It felt good.

Hopefully we will get a nod from the Orange Bowl, since Louisville lost
Are you at GF now? I am! I was actually pleasantly surprised at the amount of OSU fan gear that I saw walking around.. also today, at the resort and the parks! My bff came up from Boca to watch with me.. she was in Michigan gear.. I loved it.. especially after the game when we were at Trader Sam's, I had a celebratory drink.,she had a consolation drink ;).
If you're still here you should meet up with me and my kiddo this week! Or at least have a Bloody Mary with me on Tuesday while he is on his PAC.

LAKid53

Premium Member
Are you at GF now? I am! I was actually pleasantly surprised at the amount of OSU fan gear that I saw walking around.. also today, at the resort and the parks! My bff came up from Boca to watch with me.. she was in Michigan gear.. I loved it.. especially after the game when we were at Trader Sam's, I had a celebratory drink.,she had a consolation drink ;).
If you're still here you should meet up with me and my kiddo this week! Or at least have a Bloody Mary with me on Tuesday while he is on his PAC.

We're leaving today (Monday). Otherwise I might take you up on that Bloody Mary!

OSU is ranked #2 in the AP and I assume will be #2 in the playoff. The debate on the rankings, according to ESPN, is a non conference winner in the top 4. Which is why the playoffs need to be 8 teams - Power 5 and then 3 others. This way teams like ND (if they were good), Boise, BYU wouldn't get shut out if they were undefeated or only had one loss. Because it's very possible that this year's national champion will be a one loss team.

And if VT beats Clemson or Colorado beats Washington (go Buffs! My dad's school), the committee is going to have a real headache picking the top 4 after next week's conference title games. You just might end up playing Blue again. Happened to us in 1996 - we beat UF (they were #1 and we were #2) . And thanks to some team not doing their job, we ended up playing the Gators again for the national championship and that game didn't go our way....

Will be an interesting weekend of college ball. We're praying for an Orange Bowl bid.

Have fun at the GF this week. We wandered over to the "complementary" dessert party for the fireworks. You can't call it complementary if there are prices next to the menu items.

Go Noles!

21stamps

Original Poster
We're leaving today (Monday). Otherwise I might take you up on that Bloody Mary!

OSU is ranked #2 in the AP and I assume will be #2 in the playoff. The debate on the rankings, according to ESPN, is a non conference winner in the top 4. Which is why the playoffs need to be 8 teams - Power 5 and then 3 others. This way teams like ND (if they were good), Boise, BYU wouldn't get shut out if they were undefeated or only had one loss. Because it's very possible that this year's national champion will be a one loss team.

And if VT beats Clemson or Colorado beats Washington (go Buffs! My dad's school), the committee is going to have a real headache picking the top 4 after next week's conference title games. You just might end up playing Blue again. Happened to us in 1996 - we beat UF (they were #1 and we were #2) . And thanks to some team not doing their job, we ended up playing the Gators again for the national championship and that game didn't go our way....

Will be an interesting weekend of college ball. We're praying for an Orange Bowl bid.

Have fun at the GF this week. We wandered over to the "complementary" dessert party for the fireworks. You can't call it complementary if there are prices next to the menu items.

Go Noles!
Oh my gosh. We were there too!!! We went around 8:30 had a cupcake and a couple of drinks but went straight back to the room to watch the ewp and Wishes. You and I may have literally crossed paths!

LAKid53

Premium Member
Oh my gosh. We were there too!!! We went around 8:30 had a cupcake and a couple of drinks but went straight back to the room to watch the ewp and Wishes. You and I may have literally crossed paths!

We probably crossed paths several times if you are staying at the GF....

21stamps

Original Poster
We probably crossed paths several times if you are staying at the GF....
We check out today and check in to WL. Kiddo is not happy about leaving.. I think once we get there he will be fine though.

I'm going to miss the adult beverages! I've been having a coco-jito poolside daily!

R W B

LSU fan checking in. Crazy year it's been for the Tigers. Kind of a waste though. We had so many returning seniors this year this was probably our most talented team in the last 10yrs and it was wasted with aweful coaching the first 4 games. Les Miles is a great guy but stuck in the 90s coaching wise with his power I offense.

I'm excited about the next few years to see how Coach O gets this train moving. Year after year I always say LSU is really the only team in the country with just as much if not more talent then Alabama but coaching always held us back. Looking at NFL rosters backs up my statement.

As far the playoffs go, I really hope Michigan does not make it and I don't see how they can as long as Washington wins. I don't think Ohio St. should be there either since they didn't even make their conference championship game but OSU a nation brand so they get the benefit of the doubt. I mean this situation just proves that conference championships are completely worthless in college football because neither school in the BIG 10 chamionship will make the playoffs but another BIG 10 school will. Doesn't make sense to me.

Time to sit back and wait to see which avg bowl my Tigers will go to now.

LAKid53

Premium Member
LSU fan checking in. Crazy year it's been for the Tigers. Kind of a waste though. We had so many returning seniors this year this was probably our most talented team in the last 10yrs and it was wasted with aweful coaching the first 4 games. Les Miles is a great guy but stuck in the 90s coaching wise with his power I offense.

I'm excited about the next few years to see how Coach O gets this train moving. Year after year I always say LSU is really the only team in the country with just as much if not more talent then Alabama but coaching always held us back. Looking at NFL rosters backs up my statement.

As far the playoffs go, I really hope Michigan does not make it and I don't see how they can as long as Washington wins. I don't think Ohio St. should be there either since they didn't even make their conference championship game but OSU a nation brand so they get the benefit of the doubt. I mean this situation just proves that conference championships are completely worthless in college football because neither school in the BIG 10 chamionship will make the playoffs but another BIG 10 school will. Doesn't make sense to me.

Time to sit back and wait to see which avg bowl my Tigers will go to now.

FSU fan here....

The situation with the B1G is why we need an 8 team playoff... Very possible this year's national champion will be a one loss team... And if 'Bama, Clemson and Washington all loose Saturday, what then? No way the committee should or would consider Florida, VT or Colorado.

Hoping we get to go to the Orange...all depends now on Clemson.

Glad we got to keep our coach! As much as our local paper talked up his affinity for Louisiana, I think Jimbo's decision to turn down a $1.8m increase in salary had less to do with LSU and more to do with the custody arrangements for his sons after the divorce...can be complicated to move kids out of state. I respect Jimbo for considering his kids.

Read an article stating that Kiffin would be the perfect HC at Oregon. Seriously?! Because he was such a resounding success at Tennessee and USC... :rolleyes: Appears he's wearing out his welcome at 'Bama...

Hope Coach O works out for y'all. SEC needs a balance to 'Bama. Despite what some Gaytors are saying, I think Saturday's game will be a repeat of the previous Satuday's. No offensive touchdowns, no 3rd down conversions.

I'm hoping the national championship is a repeat of last year's...and this time the ACC prevails!

LAKid53

Premium Member
We check out today and check in to WL. Kiddo is not happy about leaving.. I think once we get there he will be fine though.

I'm going to miss the adult beverages! I've been having a coco-jito poolside daily!

I understand your son. Love WL (one of my home resorts), but it is hard to leave the GF.

He'll love the decorations at WL, especially the huge tree in the lobby...bigger than GF's. Plus, WL has a much more Christmas vibe than the GF, even with the gingerbread house.

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
I'm laughing at the fact that everyone is flipping out over Navy sending the championship process into chaos. Hoping they win this weekend so I can see it all hit the fan.

LAKid53

Premium Member
Two down, two more to go...

Don't like 'Bama, but hate Florida, so the decimation of the Gaytors was an early Christmas present. *happy dance*

This is my take on the playoffs. A two loss team should never jump a one loss team, don't give a flip about conference champs. Of course, the whole B1G issue becomes mute if Wisconsin beats Penn State. But if VT beats Clemson, then the Committee's job is going to be even tougher. If VT wins and Wisconsin wins, then Michigan should go, since they beat both PSU and Wisconsin. In that scenario, 'Bama #1, Ohio State #2, Washington #3 and Michigan #4.

Which means @21stamps, you get to play Michigan again.

This is why the playoffs need to be 8, not 4 teams.

@Dead2009, sad that Navy lost, but not for your reason. My dad was a Navy lieutenant during the war. Glad to see his Buffs made the Pac12 championship; knew they probably wouldn't win, but I was hoping.

Still some excellent football to go!

21stamps

Original Poster
FSU fan here....

The situation with the B1G is why we need an 8 team playoff... Very possible this year's national champion will be a one loss team... And if 'Bama, Clemson and Washington all loose Saturday, what then? No way the committee should or would consider Florida, VT or Colorado.

Glad we got to keep our coach! As much as our local paper talked up his affinity for Louisiana, I think Jimbo's decision to turn down a $1.8m increase in salary had less to do with LSU and more to do with the custody arrangements for his sons after the divorce...can be complicated to move kids out of state. I respect Jimbo for considering his kids.

Read an article stating that Kiffin would be the perfect HC at Oregon. Seriously?! Because he was such a resounding success at Tennessee and USC... :rolleyes: Appears he's wearing out his welcome at 'Bama...

Hope Coach O works out for y'all. SEC needs a balance to 'Bama. Despite what some Gaytors are saying, I think Saturday's game will be a repeat of the previous Satuday's. No offensive touchdowns, no 3rd down conversions.

I'm hoping the national championship is a repeat of last year's...and this time the ACC prevails!

I never understand why people don't give OSU the credit they deserve. Although I do love it when we prove the haters wrong time and time again ;)
Two down, two more to go...

Don't like 'Bama, but hate Florida, so the decimation of the Gaytors was an early Christmas present. *happy dance*

This is my take on the playoffs. A two loss team should never jump a one loss team, don't give a flip about conference champs. Of course, the whole B1G issue becomes mute if Wisconsin beats Penn State. But if VT beats Clemson, then the Committee's job is going to be even tougher. If VT wins and Wisconsin wins, then Michigan should go, since they beat both PSU and Wisconsin. In that scenario, 'Bama #1, Ohio State #2, Washington #3 and Michigan #4.

Which means @21stamps, you get to play Michigan again.

This is why the playoffs need to be 8, not 4 teams.

@Dead2009, sad that Navy lost, but not for your reason. My dad was a Navy lieutenant during the war. Glad to see his Buffs made the Pac12 championship; knew they probably wouldn't win, but I was hoping.

Still some excellent football to go!

I definitely agree on all points!!

R W B

FSU fan here....

Yes, I agree we need an 8 team playoff too. 5 conf. champs and 3 wild cards.

Fisher was offered 1.8 more but it really wasn't that amount due to our state having a state tax and FL not. I would of offered over $7mil/yr for Jimbo, I think he's that good and would of been great for LSU. Like I said I love Coach O but him by himself does nothing for our offense and that's where we are lacking enormously.

Now the reports are saying Kiffin could go to Houston as their HC has me worried because of offered a HC job why would he not take it? I know Les Moles interviewed there today also.

I knew Florida had zero chance against Bama today. I mean LSU beat Florida in that game in every way possible except the one that counts, on the scoreboard. We lost 2 fumbles inside the 3yd line, had a FG blocked and returned and then couldn't run it in from the 1 on 3 straight plays (although our RB did go the wrong way on the final play of the game). That's 4 times we drove down the field on their defense but didn't get anything from it. So if we drove on their defense I knew Bama would.

I wouldn't kind Clemson winning it this year although Id like a dark horse like Washington to win.

LAKid53

Premium Member
Yes, I agree we need an 8 team playoff too. 5 conf. champs and 3 wild cards.

Fisher was offered 1.8 more but it really wasn't that amount due to our state having a state tax and FL not. I would of offered over $7mil/yr for Jimbo, I think he's that good and would of been great for LSU. Like I said I love Coach O but him by himself does nothing for our offense and that's where we are lacking enormously.

Now the reports are saying Kiffin could go to Houston as their HC has me worried because of offered a HC job why would he not take it? I know Les Moles interviewed there today also.

I knew Florida had zero chance against Bama today. I mean LSU beat Florida in that game in every way possible except the one that counts, on the scoreboard. We lost 2 fumbles inside the 3yd line, had a FG blocked and returned and then couldn't run it in from the 1 on 3 straight plays (although our RB did go the wrong way on the final play of the game). That's 4 times we drove down the field on their defense but didn't get anything from it. So if we drove on their defense I knew Bama would.

I wouldn't kind Clemson winning it this year although Id like a dark horse like Washington to win.

Well, Kiffin's going to Houston. Let's hope he's more successful in that HC job than he was at Tennessee or USC.

I think the wrinkle for Jimbo was less salary than his two sons. He and Candi would most likely have to go back into court to revise the custody agreement for his sons to move to LSU. And given his youngest son's illness, I think even higher of Jimbo for considering his son over his career.......

But I'm sure John Thrasher (FSU President) will reward Jimbo for staying ....

I'm excited about the Orange Bowl. And Harbaugh is excited about seeing Osceola and Renegade. Planting that flaming spear into the Seminole Head at Hard Rock is going to be awesome! Only thing better would be to plant the Spear into Alfred (empty, of course, don't want to injure the student inside). Yeah, we Noles REALLY hate the Gators.....

21stamps

Original Poster
Well, Kiffin's going to Houston. Let's hope he's more successful in that HC job than he was at Tennessee or USC.

I think the wrinkle for Jimbo was less salary than his two sons. He and Candi would most likely have to go back into court to revise the custody agreement for his sons to move to LSU. And given his youngest son's illness, I think even higher of Jimbo for considering his son over his career.......

But I'm sure John Thrasher (FSU President) will reward Jimbo for staying ....

I'm excited about the Orange Bowl. And Harbaugh is excited about seeing Osceola and Renegade. Planting that flaming spear into the Seminole Head at Hard Rock is going to be awesome! Only thing better would be to plant the Spear into Alfred (empty, of course, don't want to injure the student inside). Yeah, we Noles REALLY hate the Gators.....
I have to go for the Big 10 on this one.

LAKid53

Premium Member
@JohnD,

Here it is...

123_1-3.jpeg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom