If you change your address...

Huglife

Original Poster
I just wanted to give a heads up...Yesterday I received an email that my magic bands had arrived. I excitedly hurried home to find no magic bands. :( When I called Disney it turns out they were shipped to my old address. I moved in July and even though I changed on my MDE profile, my reservation, billing, etc. they still got shipped to my old address. Luckily, they fixed the problem and sent new magic bands out immediately. If you move after booking your trip, my advice would be to call and speak to a cast member directly.

Last edited:

JaxFLBear

When I called Disney it turns out they were shipped to my old address. I moved in July and even though I changed on my MDE profile, my reservation, billing, etc. they still got shipped to my old address.
You have to update the MB shipping address separately by going back into the customization process.

Rob562

If you changed your address with the USPS, the carrier at your old address should forward them to you.

While that's true for most mail, for commercial shipments it often depends on the service requested by the shipper (Disney). There are some shipping options where the package is returned to the sender rather than being forwarded. Unfortunately I don't still have the outer shipping box from my recent MagicBands to see what it says.

-Rob

JillC LI

You have to update the MB shipping address separately by going back into the customization process.

I just did this yesterday so the MBs would be shipped to my DH's office instead of our house so it doesn't ruin the surprise for the kids. Do you think I'm pretty safe that there won't be a mistake so long as I changed the shipping address until the MB customization section?

JaxFLBear

I just did this yesterday so the MBs would be shipped to my DH's office instead of our house so it doesn't ruin the surprise for the kids. Do you think I'm pretty safe that there won't be a mistake so long as I changed the shipping address until the MB customization section?
I've changed the shipping address to be my work address before with no issue. I've also changed colors prior to the cut off date and received the correct ones.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom