Port Orleans French Quarter

Jakjak

Original Poster
I just planned a last minute vacation and decided on this resort. Hopefully I made a good choice. It is just me and my three year old son traveling,we booked a garden view room, is there any suggestions as to location or building, or even floor we should try and request??

EvilQueen-T

I've been traveling with just myself and my granddaughter since she was 4 and have stayed there several times. The thing I love about the resort is it's size. It's so much smaller than the other on property resorts that no matter where you room is it's not far from the food court, pool, and bus stop.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I just planned a last minute vacation and decided on this resort. Hopefully I made a good choice. It is just me and my three year old son traveling,we booked a garden view room, is there any suggestions as to location or building, or even floor we should try and request??

We just stayed there a few months ago for the first time and really enjoyed it. I liked it better then Riverside since it's a little more compact. We had a garden view room in building 3 which was nice because it was close to the main building. 4 is probably even better since it's also close to the main building but also close to the bus stop. With that said, the resort is pretty small so nothing is to far a walk.

One thing to note is that the food court is currently closed for renovations but should re-open soon, depending on when you are going this might impact you. They have setup an alternate food court which worked out ok when we were there because it wasn't to crowded. The are also offering a bus to take people over the Riverside to use the food court there.

Jakjak

Original Poster
Thanks! I would probably only use food court for breakfast. Did you experience breakfast there, was it good. What time in the morning does the food area open??

Minnie Mum

We've stayed at POFQ several times. In fact, we're there right now! I agree with the PPs that say there really isn't a bad building location. We're at the very end of building 6, and it's about a 2 minute stroll to the main building, food court, and bus stop.

As for view, with moderate resorts, you get what you pay for. Standard rooms generally face the parking lots. Garden view rooms face one of the courtyards, and water view rooms face the pool or river.

The temp food court seems to be working well, and it offers the usual breakfast foods found in all the food courts. It opens at 6:00 am.

There is a very good website with a wealth of information about POFQ- the Unofficial Resort Guide to POR/POFQ at portorleans.org.

fireball

We love this resort. As other have said there is no bad building. On our last trip we stayed in building 1 and it was less that a 5 min walk to the bus stop. And don't forget about the boat to Disney Spring.

hanwill

Have a wonderful trip! There is no bad building, and its a beautiful walk everywhere you go. plus, one bus stop. That is handy as well. You can also take the boat to Disney Springs if you want a peaceful ride. It's a lot of fun! Have a great trip!

Reggie Colorado

We stayed at French Quarter in April 2016. We liked how compact it was. We had a river view, but since the buildings are all motel style -- rooms are all accessed by open air walkway -- the view from inside the room was limited (and other guests would walk by). The grounds are really quiet, unless you are facing the pool during swimming hours. The pool area is nice, and there is a new water play area for little kids. Another great advantage was that this resort does not share park bus service with another resort. Given that there is only one stop (unlike Riverside) and this resort is relatively small, we had no problems with delays or overcrowding when taking the buses to the parks.

lilclerk

We stayed in a garden room in building 4 this past April, and it was awesome. Right next to the food court, and near the transportation and pool. The resort isn't big at all so you won't have a far walk no matter the building, though.

Diznyfan

We stayed there earlier this year in March and loved it. We were down at the end of the resort (building 6 I think) on the first floor, but it's compact so the walk to the main areas like the food court and pool were not bad. Our room was very quiet on the far end of the resort. It's also great having the boat launch to take you to Disney Springs.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom