Possible First Time Stay @Caribbean Beach...advice?

Worldlover71

I stayed in Barbados which is a little further from OPR than some of the the other villages. I never minded the (still) short walk to OPR and had no trouble with the buses. I often stood on the bus but that was my choice as there always seemed to be someone who needed a seat more than me! CBR seems to get a bad rep because it is large but it is still one of my favorite resorts at WDW. Have a great time!

Weather_Lady

We'll be staying at CBR for the first time next month and are looking forward to it! We ended up "having" to book a preferred room (to be eligible for free dining during our stay), but otherwise would have opted for a standard room in Aruba or Jamaica, which seem to offer the "best of both worlds" in terms of convenience and price.

The only negative for me about CBR is that: (1) Custom House is separate from Old Port Royale and a few minutes' walk from even the nearest "village"; and (2) you can't take luggage on the internal resort bus; you have to get a ride from Bell Services or hoof it. Combined, these two facts will make our check-in/unpacking/settling-in process (arriving via DME with carryons in tow, needing to stop at OPR for milk around the time we check in, AND needing to visit the registration desk again the next to day to check in/out for a split stay and pick up mugs for the DDP that accompanies the second reservation) exponentially more time-consuming and annoying. Other than that, though, I think we'll really like the resort.

If you want a bit of a feel for the size, layout and look of the resort and its different villages, and the time it takes to walk from one to the other, I recommend taking a look at this timed "photo walk" around Barefoot Bay. http://www.mousesteps.com/wdw-resor...-photo-walk-2015-240-photos-in-tour-of-resort

Last edited:

JillC LI

We've stayed at CBR twice and loved it. Both times we requested a room "in Jamaica or Aruba near the footbridge." It is a quick walk to the food court and the main pool from there. We loved the hammocks on the beach and the steel drum music throughout the resort. We had a rental car both times so I can't comment on the buses.

Worldlover71

The only negative for me about CBR is that: (1) Custom House is separate from Old Port Royale and a few minutes' walk from even the nearest "village"; and (2) you can't take luggage on the internal resort bus; you have to get a ride from Bell Services or hoof it. Combined, these two facts will make our check-in/unpacking/settling-in process (arriving via DME with carryons in tow, needing to stop at OPR for milk around the time we check in, AND needing to visit the registration desk again the next to day to check in/out for a split stay and pick up mugs for the DDP that accompanies the second reservation) exponentially more time-consuming and annoying. Other than that, though, I think we'll really like the resort.

That's another great thing about Barbados-it's right across the street from Customs House. The front desk agent was giving me instructions about bell services and the internal bus when I asked if I couldn't just walk across the street. She laughed and said that would probably be a lot easier!

Mark P.

We've stayed at CBR twice and loved it. Both times we requested a room "in Jamaica or Aruba near the footbridge.

I just completed online check-in for a CBR stay starting next Friday and didn't see an option to specify Jamaica or Aruba. Have you had success calling in with this request, and, if so, was it with a Standard room reservation? Since I already completed online check-in, am I out of luck with any subsequent requests? For what it's worth, I'm not terribly picky about room location or amenities aside from accessibility to transportation since we're really there to be at the parks (especially next weekend, with Food & Wine and the Wine and Dine 10K), but we had hoped to at least spend a portion of one of our mornings enjoying the resort itself, so proximity to food as well as the main pool and jogging path around the lake would be nice...

Weather_Lady

I just completed online check-in for a CBR stay starting next Friday and didn't see an option to specify Jamaica or Aruba. Have you had success calling in with this request, and, if so, was it with a Standard room reservation? Since I already completed online check-in, am I out of luck with any subsequent requests? For what it's worth, I'm not terribly picky about room location or amenities aside from accessibility to transportation since we're really there to be at the parks (especially next weekend, with Food & Wine and the Wine and Dine 10K), but we had hoped to at least spend a portion of one of our mornings enjoying the resort itself, so proximity to food as well as the main pool and jogging path around the lake would be nice...

On my DME, I have the option, even after online check-in is complete, to modify it. If I open up "My Reservations" there's a link that reads, "Update Check-In." If I click on it, it pulls up a menu showing what details are on file: "Room Notifications," "Hotel Account Charges," "Your Resort Arrival," "Room Location Requests..." etc. I can click on "Show Details" and then change my initial selections. (The option to select a particular village is under the "Room Location Requests" heading - just don't be fooled by some of the illusory choices, e.g., "near elevator" when there are no elevators at CBR, or "Martinique" if you haven't booked a preferred room.) I assume that you'd have the same options regardless of the character of your reservation, since I have the same link/menu for my upcoming room-only at CBR that I booked directly, as well as for an upcoming package stay at CBR which I booked through a TA...

Last edited:

JillC LI

I am glad that @Weather_Lady was able to respond because I always use Kingdom Konsultants to book my trips at no extra charge, so I'm not quite sure how they make the request, but I have never had a problem.

stayed at CB a couple of years ago, we loved it, it was beautiful, the pool was amazing, the dining brilliant and no problems with the transport.. Stayed at Pop three times, CB once, ASMu last year and soon ASMo Can't wait.

Mark P.

On my DME, I have the option, even after online check-in is complete, to modify it. If I open up "My Reservations" there's a link that reads, "Update Check-In." If I click on it, it pulls up a menu showing what details are on file: "Room Notifications," "Hotel Account Charges," "Your Resort Arrival," "Room Location Requests..." etc. I can click on "Show Details" and then change my initial selections. (The option to select a particular village is under the "Room Location Requests" heading - just don't be fooled by some of the illusory choices, e.g., "near elevator" when there are no elevators at CBR, or "Martinique" if you haven't booked a preferred room.) I assume that you'd have the same options regardless of the character of your reservation, since I have the same link/menu for my upcoming room-only at CBR that I booked directly, as well as for an upcoming package stay at CBR which I booked through a TA...

I don't see any other villages listed under "Room Location Requests" other than Martinique:
Screen Shot 2016-10-26 at 6.56.53 PM.png

Mickey5150

Interesting thing about CBR is that since it was the 1st moderate resort it has a cool perk that didn't make it into the others. If you get a corner room it will have windows on 2 walls which really changes the feel inside the room.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Interesting thing about CBR is that since it was the 1st moderate resort it has a cool perk that didn't make it into the others. If you get a corner room it will have windows on 2 walls which really changes the feel inside the room.
We have stayed in corner rooms at French Quarter that also have windows on two walls. Agree that it changes the feel inside the room.

Weather_Lady

I don't see any other villages listed under "Room Location Requests" other than Martinique:
View attachment 171738

Weird -- I just checked mine and I only see Martinique listed as well -- when I initially did my online check-in, though, I could have chosen from any of the villages.

If I were you, I might call and have your village request noted on your reservation -- this has got to be some kind of glitch with the online check-in system right now.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom