Frozen Ever After FP+ Help

_mickey_

Original Poster
I'm sure this question has probably been asked somewhere else in the forum, so I'll apologize in advance, but I'm hoping to get some more info on the Frozen Ever After FP+ situation.

My 30 day FP+ window opens in about a week and a half, so I was doing some advanced planning. I will be traveling in a party of 7, and wanted to get a sense of what the FP+ for FEA would be. Doing a quick search of FP available for that ride for 11/24 (30 days ahead), I noticed there were no FP availible for that ride for a party of 7. Given it is now past noon, I imagine that most people are booking FP in the early morning, and so availability would already be limited.

I'm planning to stay up until midnight, every night, when my FP window opens to ensure the best chance of snagging the FP I want, but what have people's experiences been in trying to grab FP for FEA? Are they already gone for the most part by the time the 30-day window opens (I'm guessing most people who can book 60-days in advance are grabbing FEA FPs)?

In other words, what is the likelihood that if I login 30 days in advance at midnight, I would be able to grab 7 FPs for FEA?

Sorry for the long post - Thanks for any help/advice!

Weather_Lady

No need to stay up. FP+ windows now open at 7am EST.

Right now, Frozen FP+ are generally gone 30 days out, even for parties of 1 (per the touringplans Fastpass+ availability tool). I managed to get one at 60 days out, but even then, more than half of the time slots for the day I wanted were already gone, and by 30 days there was nothing. You can keep checking in case some open up for your dates. It's not likely, but it's possible!

Failing that, head to Frozen at rope drop (the down-side of this is that by the time you go there and return to Future World, lines will be long for Soarin' and TT, with only one Tier 1 FP+ to ease your pain); or better yet -- especially if you have parkhoppers or plan to visit Epcot more than once -- get in line for Frozen just a few minutes before Illuminations/park closing, when lines will be at their shortest. This will also allow you to hit Soarin' and Test Track the same day with short lines too -- one at rope drop and one with FP+. (Don't do this if you only have one Epcot day, though -- there's always a chance that Frozen could be "down" at the end of the night, so you don't want to shut yourself out if that's your only opportunity.)

Good luck!

_mickey_

Original Poster
No need to stay up. FP+ windows now open at 7am EST.

Right now, Frozen FP+ are generally gone 30 days out, even for parties of 1 (per the touringplans Fastpass+ availability tool). I managed to get one at 60 days out, but even then, more than half of the time slots for the day I wanted were already gone, and by 30 days there was nothing. You can keep checking in case some open up for your dates. It's not likely, but it's possible!

Failing that, head to Frozen at rope drop (the down-side of this is that by the time you go there and return to Future World, lines will be long for Soarin' and TT, with only one Tier 1 FP+ to ease your pain); or better yet -- especially if you have parkhoppers or plan to visit Epcot more than once -- get in line for Frozen just a few minutes before Illuminations/park closing, when lines will be at their shortest. This will also allow you to hit Soarin' and Test Track the same day with short lines too -- one at rope drop and one with FP+. (Don't do this if you only have one Epcot day, though -- there's always a chance that Frozen could be "down" at the end of the night, so you don't want to shut yourself out if that's your only opportunity.)

Good luck!

Thanks for all that info! Unfortunately, we only have 1 Epcot day, so I will only get 1 chance to hit FEA. Since it seems unlikely that I will be able to get a FP for FEA, so my plan now is to FP Test Track, hit FEA at rope drop, and then run over to Soarin. Seems like there will be a lot of unavoidable backtracking that day!

Weather_Lady

Thanks for all that info! Unfortunately, we only have 1 Epcot day, so I will only get 1 chance to hit FEA. Since it seems unlikely that I will be able to get a FP for FEA, so my plan now is to FP Test Track, hit FEA at rope drop, and then run over to Soarin. Seems like there will be a lot of unavoidable backtracking that day!

By the time you get to Soarin', it will be close to peak wait times. I'd burn through my 3 FP+ by 11am (9am whatever, 10am Test Track, 11am whatever) and then immediately after scanning your MagicBand for the third FP+, try for a fourth at Soarin', which on low-to-moderate crowd days may still have some available at that time. If you can't get one, maybe save Soarin' for the last hour of the night, unless you have time to kill earlier in the day. :)

_mickey_

Original Poster
By the time you get to Soarin', it will be close to peak wait times. I'd burn through my 3 FP+ by 11am (9am whatever, 10am Test Track, 11am whatever) and then immediately after scanning your MagicBand for the third FP+, try for a fourth at Soarin', which on low-to-moderate crowd days may still have some available at that time. If you can't get one, maybe save Soarin' for the last hour of the night, unless you have time to kill earlier in the day. :)

Soarin is high on our list of must dos. Based on past experience, the longer you wait, the longer the lines get. I'm hoping if we get right back to FEA at rope drop, and that we won't have to terribly long of a wait, which means we could be at Soarin by 10am. The reason I'm FP TT instead of Soarin is that there are now 3 threaters, so I'm hoping the speeds things up a bit (Also, in case weather is crappy it is best to get TT out of the way sooner). We have a dinner reservation for around 5 and we are planning to watch Illuminations, so I don't want to wait until the end of the day to try and hit Soarin.

Weather_Lady

Soarin is high on our list of must dos. Based on past experience, the longer you wait, the longer the lines get. I'm hoping if we get right back to FEA at rope drop, and that we won't have to terribly long of a wait, which means we could be at Soarin by 10am. The reason I'm FP TT instead of Soarin is that there are now 3 threaters, so I'm hoping the speeds things up a bit (Also, in case weather is crappy it is best to get TT out of the way sooner). We have a dinner reservation for around 5 and we are planning to watch Illuminations, so I don't want to wait until the end of the day to try and hit Soarin.

Gotcha! Sounds like you'll have your must-dos out of the way early enough that you can relax and enjoy the rest of the day at a more leisurely pace. Have fun! :) Oh, and another tip I've seen -- the new Soarin' film is allegedly prone to a lot of distortion unless you're sitting dead center, so if you want to see it with the truest perspective, ask for Section B, row 2 (so you'll end up in front of the very middle of the screen).

_mickey_

Original Poster
Gotcha! Sounds like you'll have your must-dos out of the way early enough that you can relax and enjoy the rest of the day at a more leisurely pace. Have fun! :) Oh, and another tip I've seen -- the new Soarin' film is allegedly prone to a lot of distortion unless you're sitting dead center, so if you want to see it with the truest perspective, ask for Section B, row 2 (so you'll end up in front of the very middle of the screen).

I did see that about the Soarin film (but thanks!!) - I plan to ask to sit in the middle section front row (hopefully that is doable with 7 of us).

This will be my neice and nephew's (6 and 5) first trip to Disney, so as the Disney Guru of the family, there is immense pressure on me to get as much in as possible; I swear my neice has already memorized all the rides and attractions and is excited to see ALL of them (though I doubt that's going to happen)! I'm pretty good at getting most if not all things in with just a party of 3, but I bigger party of 7 (with 2 small kids who have never been to disney) complicates things a bit!

dreamfinder

FEA is pretty much booked up at the 60 days for resort guests. I think our last trip I had to get them on day 5 as days 1-4 were already booked. You might get onsies or maybe twosies, but I wouldn't think the odds of getting a party of 7 to be good. Probably will need to standby it.

Clawhit

I couldn't get a fast pass 60 days out for my (current Disney holiday) we did bag a Akershus breakfast reservation so was there at rope drop. But guess what ride had issues and was closed so after an hour and a half we got on and bagged 2 fast passes as a sorry - so managed test track soarin and frozen all in a day plus others. Get there for rope drop that's your best bet hth

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom