Best strategy for MK and Hoop Dee Doo?

gomno

Original Poster
We are planning on touring MK the same day we check in to Fort Wilderness (already did the on line check in), and that same day we are doing Hoop Dee Doo at 6:15PM. We plan to arrive at MK or Fort Wilderness around 8AM that day by car and our MK touring plan ends with 7DMT (fastpass for 4:35PM).

Of course we want to be able to get to the MK entrance as early as possible, but we also want to make sure we get to our Hoop Dee Doo reservation on time.

My question is would it be best to drive first to Fort Wilderness, park in the main lot, take the internal bus to the boat launches, take the boat to MK, then at the end of the day take the boat back to Fort Wilderness and take a short walk to Pioneer hall, OR, would it be best to first drive to MK, do the tram/monorail, then at the end of the day get back to our car via monorail/tram, drive to Fort Wilderness, park in the main lot, then take the internal bus to Pioneer Hall?

Weather_Lady

The boat between FW and MK departs close to Pioneer Hall, where the Hoop-de-Doo is located. Buses between the two leave from/arrive near the Outpost Depot, at the other end of Fort Wilderness.

If I were you, I'd park at FW, check in and settle into your cabin/lot, hop the internal shuttle (or walk) to the boat dock at the Pioneer Hall/Settlement Depot end of Fort Wilderness, and take the ferry to and from the Magic Kingdom. It's a pleasant and scenic ride both ways, and simpler than monkeying around with having to move and repark your car.

Last edited:

gomno

Original Poster
We'll be getting there about 8AM so our lot won't be available yet, and we want to get to MK as soon as possible so if we go to Fort Wilderness first we'd have to park near the Reception Outpost and take the internal shuttle to the boat dock, right?

Weather_Lady

We'll be getting there about 8AM so our lot won't be available yet, and we want to get to MK as soon as possible so if we go to Fort Wilderness first we'd have to park near the Reception Outpost and take the internal shuttle to the boat dock, right?

I believe there actually is -- or at least, there used to be -- a visitor lot near the Settlement Depot (for locals driving in for Hoop-de-Doo or others visiting FW guests during the day). You might potentially be able to park there first. Otherwise, you will have to park by the Outpost and hop an internal bus to the Settlement Depot area to get on the MK boat (or, if you saw an Epcot bus pulling up at the Outpost Depot, you could take that to Epcot and then monorail to MK).

FWIW - here's a map. The way it is oriented, the Settlement Depot with boat to the MK and Pioneer Hall are at the left, and the Outpost Depot is to the right.

fort-wilderness-map-1.jpg

gomno

Original Poster
Thank you for all the info. When I called Fort Wilderness they said I could park near the Outpost Depot since our campsite reservation starts that day. Visitors without a resort reservation are not permitted to park there all day even with a reservation for Hoop Dee Doo.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom