Where in the World Isn't Bob Saget?

NYwdwfan

My hallway makeover is nearly complete.
I bought mirrored sliders to replace the closet doors. Shhhhh, don't tell Hubby. He will not be happy.

Before:
Can't find any pictures, but trust me, it was bad.

After:
Accessories still required, but before I go buy more tchotchkes, I'll take inventory of what I've already got.
View attachment 170842 View attachment 170843 View attachment 170844 View attachment 170845
Looks nice - where does that door go? Front, garage, backyard, side yard?
Ugh, I don't know what to do with myself.
Friday night ... and there's no Jays game on tv. :(
Last night we got home after dinner at my mother in laws and I started making lunches/snacks and out of habit grabbed the remote for the den TV to put the Mets game on. :( We haven't been there for dinner since they were sent home.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Looks nice - where does that door go? Front, garage, backyard, side yard?

Last night we got home after dinner at my mother in laws and I started making lunches/snacks and out of habit grabbed the remote for the den TV to put the Mets game on. :( We haven't been there for dinner since they were sent home.
The door goes to the side/driveway. Sadly, we do not have a garage. I've investigated putting in a carport, but I haven't banked enough goodwill to press the issue yet. :joyfull:

Hubby came home and seeing the hallway said, "I love it! Needs one more picture, let's go back".

Then he saw the mirrored doors I bought and did not even freak one bit! In fact, I think he secretly agrees with me. Fingers crossed that he installs them while I'm at work tomorrow. He does tend to say bad words during DIY projects.

Six months of Friday night ball games is a hard habit to kick. We'll be okay in a couple of weeks, I suspect.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
When I lived in Boston during college I was in a really old building and the windows didn't have screens. We also couldn't get cable either. I guess they wanted us to study.:rolleyes: Lucky for me it was back when Fox ran I Love Lucy episodes all day. I sure showed them!

Current Boston housing code requires screens on rental units, up to the third floor only. (But chances are that if you were in an old building back then, known to be rented by students, there were probably worse code violations than screens. ;) ) Also, window guards are recommended (but not required) for units at the 2nd story and above, for renters with children.

As for cable, back when you were a student, I recall a lot of landlords fought the cable companies, because they didn't want them drilling holes to run through the cables. All that changed down through the years though, as they realized that many people wouldn't rent without it. When satellite dishes came along, they had a cow over that, too. (That is somewhat understandable, as they look goofy. But I've had satellite for 9 years now, and my landlord didn't care--partly because, when he lived on the other side of the 2-family townhouse setup, he had one, too!) :)

MinnieM123

Premium Member
My hallway makeover is nearly complete.
I bought mirrored sliders to replace the closet doors. Shhhhh, don't tell Hubby. He will not be happy.

Before:
Can't find any pictures, but trust me, it was bad.

After:
Accessories still required, but before I go buy more tchotchkes, I'll take inventory of what I've already got.
View attachment 170842 View attachment 170843 View attachment 170844 View attachment 170845

That looks so nice. It's an understated, stylish hallway. You have talent, kid. :cool:

Nemo14

Quick hello.
The drive yesterday was brutal. What should have taken about 8 hours actually took us about 10. But we're here in MD for a couple of days then heading off to VA Sunday afternoon. The foliage was pretty when it wasn't pouring torrentially, and we actually saw a bald eagle fly right across the road yesterday in NJ.

Last edited:

NYwdwfan

Quick hello.
The drive yesterday was brutal. What should have taken about 8 hours actually took us about 10. But we're here in MD for a couple of days then heading off to VA Sunday afternoon. The foliage was pretty when it wasn't pouring torrentially, and we actually saw a bald eagle fly right across the road yesterday in NJ.
Clearly you underestimated the treacherous roads in MD.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
image-jpeg.170919

View attachment 170919
Let's make America clean again.

NYwdwfan

Changed my avatar to honor the last time a Game 6 was played at Wrigley and Chicago was up 3 games to 2.

(Sorry Cubs fans.) Figured any help I could offer Kershaw & the Dodgers to force a Game 7 would be greatly appreciated by the boys in blue & white on the west coast.

Nothing against the Cubs or their fans...but I really love Game 7's. So at least tonight...Go Dodgers!
I hate the one game wildcard playoff but I LOVE me some game 7 action. I swear there's a difference.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom