Paint the night is not moving to Disney World. Stop bumping this.

jpeden

In the Parks
No
Who is to say that while TDO 'Ordered' the costumes they are not actually destined for DL, Perhaps MSEP was in worse shape than stated and WDW had to pay for the costumes because of the delta in parade condition, It could simply be intercompany material transfer based on budget i.e. WDW had some and DL had none for this line item.

I actually had this same thought and was too lazy to type it out. Thank you for expressing it.

GiveMeTheMusic

Hm, if DL doesn't want to give up their PtN, what about Hong Kong?

Concerned about what will become of Magic Kingdom's new original night parade insiders have said will happen eventually...

Why would HKDL want to give up the parade they paid to develop and build?

This idea that there are only a set number of light parades in the world and they have to keep moving around is ridiculous. If TDO wants a light parade, they're going to have to pay for it themselves.

jpeden

In the Parks
No
Why would HKDL want to give up the parade they paid to develop and build?

This idea that there are only a set number of light parades in the world and they have to keep moving around is ridiculous. If TDO wants a light parade, they're going to have to pay for it themselves.

I agree - and I don't understand why Len is saying that he's hearing WDW has ordered PTN costumes when it's been stated multiple times by well connected insiders it isn't coming unless they build it. And I'd assume the new build isn't a PTN clone?

TTA94

Well we could look at what's been going on with RoL since it first got announced and it's high secrecy level in terms of details, changes, etc. It seems RoL even has had our insides "in the dark" on some things... unless they really know more than what they can say... I don't know lol, but anyway, it is possible future plans for a nighttime parade, whatever that be and when, could be no different in terms of Disney keeping it extremely quiet.

Pam Hates Penguins

Well we could look at what's been going on with RoL since it first got announced and it's high secrecy level in terms of details, changes, etc. It seems RoL even has had our insides "in the dark" on some things... unless they really know more than what they can say... I don't know lol, but anyway, it is possible future plans for a nighttime parade, whatever that be and when, could be no different in terms of Disney keeping it extremely quiet.

RoL?

TTA94

That matches the time table I heard last time the topic was discussed. PTN was also discussed for a potential visit.

Makes the most sense to me, MK borrows PTN until the new parade is ready to go and while DL runs MSEP. Then send PTN back to DL, MSEP can retire for good and DL resumes with PTN and MK has its brand new parade.

And that's why many won't let the PTN idea go for coming to WDW because it makes the most sense lol.

Sped2424

Makes the most sense to me, MK borrows PTN until the new parade is ready to go and while DL runs MSEP. Then send PTN back to DL, MSEP can retire for good and DL resumes with PTN and MK has its brand new parade.

And that's why many won't let the PTN idea go for coming to WDW because it makes the most sense lol.
That's great and all but it misses the very reason why MSEP is going to DL in the first place which is to do serious refurb work on PTN. There is just no time slot in that schedule for it to do a "visit" here. That would require weeks of training for cm's here to learn and run the show etc etc. The current schedule is PTN goes dark to get a refurb (which is happening atm), makes a brief appearance at DL for the holidays goes dark again for more work from early spring till what is now rumored to be late summer which it will then make it's return to DL. In conclusion the "PTN is coming here for a brief few months" plan makes no sense

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom