They're tourists! What do they know?

Phroobar

Original Poster
What experiences do you have with foreign or domestic tourists that you had to wait in line with at the parks?

I remember waiting in line for the Matterhorn behind a couple of German tourists that didn't understand why they couldn't smoke in line. Fortunately they spoke a little English and put out their cigarettes when we talked to them.

Over at USH, we were in line for Walking Dead and we had a set of Chinese tourists that didn't understand the concept of personal space & boundaries. They were literally in my back pocket as we waited in line. My brother in law speaks Mandarin and explained the concept of personal space to them.

Last edited:

TP2000

Waiting in line at Soarin' with a big Taiwanese tour group, the tour leader was behind me and somehow zoomed in on me to ask in his broken English what exactly they were waiting for. He knew it was a movie but kept saying "America movie" and I kept trying to tell him about Soarin' Over California, but he was not getting through what his question was. He had been to Disneyland in the past he said, but not to "Californialand", or DCA as we call it.

He stared at the ceiling very intently for about 30 seconds and then finally said to me in his delightfully accented English "Is this... The 100,000 men and women of the Bell System welcome you to CircleVision?!"

My God. Somehow in the deep recesses of his memory banks he remembered the pre-show lobby announcement from 1975 for the Pacific Bell CircleVision 360 show, and he wanted to confirm that was the movie he was leading his group in to see. I had to pick my jaw up off the floor.

Funny thing is 20 minutes later the group had been seated in the same theater as I had, and when the Soarin' flight landed that Taiwanese tour group cheered louder than I'd ever heard anyone cheer. They loved it. Even better than CircleVision.

westie

Phruby, biggest pet peeve is those that cross the personal space boundary and nowhere else is it more prevalent than at Disney. Lets just say I will step on your toe, child, lightsaber etc. Once while using an atm an English family was having a hard time with their card. They told me to go ahead but the machine was broken. I took the guys hand and said,"Go really slow. Its American." It worked an they fell apart laughing.

VJ

Waiting in line at Soarin' with a big Taiwanese tour group, the tour leader was behind me and somehow zoomed in on me to ask in his broken English what exactly they were waiting for. He knew it was a movie but kept saying "America movie" and I kept trying to tell him about Soarin' Over California, but he was not getting through what his question was. He had been to Disneyland in the past he said, but not to "Californialand", or DCA as we call it.

He stared at the ceiling very intently for about 30 seconds and then finally said to me in his delightfully accented English "Is this... The 100,000 men and women of the Bell System welcome you to CircleVision?!"

My God. Somehow in the deep recesses of his memory banks he remembered the pre-show lobby announcement from 1975 for the Pacific Bell CircleVision 360 show, and he wanted to confirm that was the movie he was leading his group in to see. I had to pick my jaw up off the floor.

Funny thing is 20 minutes later the group had been seated in the same theater as I had, and when the Soarin' flight landed that Taiwanese tour group cheered louder than I'd ever heard anyone cheer. They loved it. Even better than CircleVision.
I love this so much.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom