Ratatouille in Epcot

Bocabear

It does rely on screens but is by no means a Moving Cinema Seat or Star Tours type experience... it is a nice hybrid like the Spiderman attraction...

MrHappy

It Rat does get built, who's to say it would be an exact replica of Paris? For planning and other efficiencies, sure. But they could easily optimize the attraction with learnings from Paris and US/WDW park goer preferences and tweak accordingly. From what I've read throughout these WDWMagic boards is people love them some AA's.....so our US-version would/should be sprinkled with AA's along with screens.

rd805

As one of my favorite movies, and something totally different from the rest of WDW, this would be an excellent addition to Epcot IMO. It would cut down wait times for the other attractions TENFOLD. Also, it's a completely new build, not a replacement for an existing attraction -- I see nothing but benefits, and a perfect addition to World Showcase.

Bocabear

I think I mentioned it before, but I remember reading something about WDS Paris having the exclusive on thie for a certain period of time....anyone know more?

Rodan75

I think I mentioned it before, but I remember reading something about WDS Paris having the exclusive on thie for a certain period of time....anyone know more?

I seem to remember the same thing...but I also seem to remember it was a crazy short exclusivity. Plus with WDS now being primarily owned by TWDC, I'm sure they can fudge that even if it was longer.

doctornick

But surely Rat is as much if not more screen-reliant as all those '3d Imaxes with moving cinema seats' that Universal builds nowadays?

Surely. But I do think that adding Ratatouille to Epcot would work better than Uni adding it -- the ride would be very distinct among the options at Epcot and bring in a whole new dynamic. At one of the Uni parks, it would tend to blend into the options among the many screen based rides where you are quickly moving between scenes.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom