A Twist In Time : The Discussion Thread

Flippin'Flounder

Why are those trees red? Are they bleeding out? :p:rolleyes:

See our trees in Florida never bleed out, they're so much happier! So come on down to sunny South Florida where the trees are so much happier!

john-doughty-jr-rain-2-0609.jpg
Apparently they praise the bleeding trees. That's not very nice of them...

tumblr_m727ixBTl01r85f3xo1_500.jpg

tcool123

Original Poster
Just finished American Horror Story Season 2, an wow its a pretty good show. Normally not something I would watch as I thought it would be scary, but I have yet to be scared by the show. So in that aspect its a let down, luckily it has quality. So one moment just stood out for me so far in the show. And that's from The Name Game episode in Asylum, why? Well this scene -

:jawdrop: This scene was a huge W.T.F moment, and I wasn't sure if it were actually happening. Heck I'm still not sure if O believe it tbh. All I know is that it was hilarious :hilarious:

Tomorrow I start Coven, but I'm entering with low expectations as I'm not sold on the modern witch house concept. So here's hoping can match Asylum.

Last edited:

tcool123

Original Poster
On a more serious note the deadline fir the project may be extended because of something called Hurricane Mathew which is currently a Category 5 Hurricane that may effect me as I live in Miami. Worst comes to worst the comp will either be hosted/judged by someone else or postponed till further notice.

(my freaking out levels are through the roof)

Flippin'Flounder

On a more serious note the deadline fir the project may be extended because of something called Hurricane Mathew which is currently a Category 5 Hurricane that may effect me as I live in Miami. Worst comes to worst the comp will either be hosted/judged by someone else or postponed till further notice.

Personally I'm hoping for floods. That way school is cancelled, but no damage! I can usually get out during floods too, there's a giant retention pond behind my house.

DinoInstitute

Category 5 now?!:eek:

I guess I'm going to get to experience my first Florida hurricane :cyclops::coldfeet:

Disney Dad 3000

I watched the first episode, and I really liked it! Episode 2 is waiting on my DVR!

Count me among those that have gotten sucked in. My biggest concern is how the main point of the show can last beyond 1-2 seasons, but I've enjoyed the first 2 episodes so far. I try not to start too many new shows as they seemingly get cancelled and I've wasted 10-15 episodes of viewing (still smarting from flash forward a few years back I guess)
I know the big network guys won't do it since they can't get enough original ideas for new showsand want that pot of gold at the end that is syndication, but I think I would actually like more series' that came in and said they were going for a 1-2 season arc and then being done, especially the crime/adventure/drama types.

tcool123

Original Poster
Personally I'm hoping for floods. That way school is cancelled, but no damage! I can usually get out during floods too, there's a giant retention pond behind my house.
You just needs winds above 35 mph or so. At that point its unsafe fir school busses to be driven.
And trust me you dont want flooding;)
Category 5 now?!:eek:

I guess I'm going to get to experience my first Florida hurricane :cyclops::coldfeet:
A Cat 5 is an extreme. Last I saw it was to be a Cat 2 when its nearby. However it only took one night for it to turn into a Cat 5. So yeah:cyclops:
Prepare for the worst, but at least you'll be prepared.

spacemt354

Chili's
Count me among those that have gotten sucked in. My biggest concern is how the main point of the show can last beyond 1-2 seasons, but I've enjoyed the first 2 episodes so far. I try not to start too many new shows as they seemingly get cancelled and I've wasted 10-15 episodes of viewing (still smarting from flash forward a few years back I guess)
I know the big network guys won't do it since they can't get enough original ideas for new showsand want that pot of gold at the end that is syndication, but I think I would actually like more series' that came in and said they were going for a 1-2 season arc and then being done, especially the crime/adventure/drama types.
I feel the same way, I can't see it keeping up the same level of interest more than a season or two. But I'm glad they picked it up for the full season this year - the 2nd episode was pretty good as well!

spacemt354

Chili's
You just needs winds above 35 mph or so. At that point its unsafe fir school busses to be driven.
And trust me you dont want flooding;)

A Cat 5 is an extreme. Last I saw it was to be a Cat 2 when its nearby. However it only took one night for it to turn into a Cat 5. So yeah:cyclops:
Prepare for the worst, but at least you'll be prepared.
Usually hurricanes in this range have a 200 mile error zone. It's not supposed to reach for a few days so it's still up in the air where it will land and what cat it will be in.

Though some news groups will keep pumping you with Cat 5 warnings anyway with no certainty, just to drive up their ratings:rolleyes:

I would be worried if I was in the Caribbean right now though:cyclops:...hopefully everything ends up okay.

spacemt354

Chili's
It's Football Sunday! We should have a Pick'Em game, you just predict the winner of each game (you've got a 50/50 shot even if you know nothing about football):p We will keep a tally of who gets the most right. :D

Here's my predictions

Jaguars vs Colts - Colts
Titans vs Texans - Texans
Browns vs Redskins - Redskins
Seahawks vs Jets - Seahawks
Bills vs Patriots - Patriots
Panthers vs Falcons - Panthers
Raiders vs Ravens - Ravens
Lions vs Bears - Lions
Cowboys vs 49ers - Cowboys
Broncos vs Buccaneers - Broncos
Rams vs Cardinals - Cardinals
Saints vs Chargers - Chargers

Sunday Night
Chiefs vs Steelers - Steelers

Monday Night
Giants vs Vikings - Vikings

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom