Yak and Yeti vs. Rainforest Cafe

Simba's Mom

Original Poster
I'm considering doing one of these for my lunch on my DAK day. Which would you recommend? Or would you recommend taking the time to leave the park and go to Sanaa? I'm thinking that might take a little too much time. I've eaten at all 3, and leaning towards Yak and Yeti, but figured I'd ask for recommendations and why?

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
I would do Sanaa, Jiko,or Boma at AKL/AKL Kidani or the new Tiffins at the park. Rainforest is not anything special and a chain restaurant as is Yak and Yeti (although Y&Y is the only one of its kind). Yak and Yeti has the QS we enjoy but rather go to one of those other 4 restaurants I listed on our AK day. I know you have eaten at all of those you listed so maybe try Jiko, Tiffins, or Boma if you haven't yet. ;)

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
Yak & Yeti is our preferred lunch in AK. Splitting an appetizer with my wife and then eating the Wagyu burger has me on the edge of needing a nap though.

Forgot about the Wagyu burger! Been meaning to try it but so many delicious options at AK for lunch so it's always hard to choose. Lol ;)

Bairstow

Unless you're dying to explore the resort, or trying to intentionally wait out the midday crowds, I wouldn't take the time to leave the park, go to AKL, and come back in.
Not when the food options at Animal Kingdom (Y&Y, Tiffins, Flame Tree, Harambe Market, etc.) are already so good.

If you've never explored Animal Kingdom Lodge, though, by all means- Sanaa is wonderful. Get the bread service. Get all the bread service.

carriehpotter

Yak & Yeti is our favorite restaurant in WDW! Incredible theming, consistently great service, delicious (semi unique) food, hardly ever a wait, and the view from the second floor is awesome! Rainforest Cafe pales in comparison, IMO. I have never been to Sanaa (but I want to!), and if you hadn't either, I would have said go for Sanaa to try something new. But since you've eaten there already, I'd say Yak & Yeti!

Wngo905

In the Parks
No
Try Sanaa. It is a short bus ride once you get on (5 minutes) and will be the first stop AK Kadani. Go in through the small atrium and down the stairs, its right at the bottom of the stairs.
You have a view of the savanna from the restaurant and (if you have to wait) can walk out to a viewing point surrounded by the animals.
Great food.

To go back to AK take the bus, it will stop next at AK Lodge and then head back to AK.

Unfortunately, Boma and Jiko at AKLodge are not open at Lunch. Boma is breakfast and dinner (FABULOUS!!!!) and Jiko is Dinner (signature restaurant).

Phonedave

You have eaten in both Y&Y and RC, so you know what they are like.

As far as my opinion goes, I do not like leaving the parks to go eat lunch, it just takes too much time, unless we are hopping to another park or taking a midday break.

As for RC or Y&Y - I cannot stand RC, so that answers that question. Sub par food, and an annoying atmosphere. I used to not like Y&Y based on some poor experiences in the past. However, I gave it a other shot recently, and was plesantly suprised.

-dave

Simba's Mom

Original Poster
Thanks everyone, but it turns out I can't do anything and boy, am I bummed right now. I didn't say that the day in question is only 2 weeks away, but since I'll be solo, I figured I'd have no trouble making plans. I chose Yak and Yeti, but their first opening was at a time that conflicted with a FP+ for a show. "No problem", I thought, just change the showtime. Boy, was a naive thinking I could do that. Turns out that all FP+s for that day for that show as well as for another that I was thinking of changing are gone. After all the years that I've chuckled at people getting their FP+s early, thinking "Boy are they dumb-they can wait!" Turns out I was the dumb one, and Yak and Yeti's done.

carriehpotter

Thanks everyone, but it turns out I can't do anything and boy, am I bummed right now. I didn't say that the day in question is only 2 weeks away, but since I'll be solo, I figured I'd have no trouble making plans. I chose Yak and Yeti, but their first opening was at a time that conflicted with a FP+ for a show. "No problem", I thought, just change the showtime. Boy, was a naive thinking I could do that. Turns out that all FP+s for that day for that show as well as for another that I was thinking of changing are gone. After all the years that I've chuckled at people getting their FP+s early, thinking "Boy are they dumb-they can wait!" Turns out I was the dumb one, and Yak and Yeti's done.
I'm sorry to hear that. But we have successfully walked up to Yak & Yeti many times. And I'm pretty sure you could do so at RC, as well (possibly even Sanaa). I would definitely give walk-up a try. You never know!

senor_jorge

Barbara Eden+? Bring it!!

Not so fast. Yak & Yeti is owned by Landry's. If you go to landrysselect.com, you can purchase their frequent diner card for $25. Within 24 hrs. of registering your card online you will receive a $25 credit on your Landry's card, essentially making the membership free. If you take your card to the check in desk at Yak & Yeti, they WILL work you in. We've done that 2-3 times and never waited more than 10 minutes for a table.

Figgy1

Premium Member
If you've already eaten at all 3 I'd go a different route and stay in the park and eat at Tiffins, it was the best meal we had all trip. RC I'm not impressed by all. Yak and Yeti was surprisingly good but I think Sanaa's the best of the 3. We also ate at Tusker House and everybody loved the meal and who doesn't like seeing Mickey, Donald, Goofy and Daisy in safari gear.

Bairstow

The new Harambe market is really nice too, if you don't mind quick service.
For all you Club Cool fans, you can get sparberry on tap.

Phonedave

Not so fast. Yak & Yeti is owned by Landry's. If you go to landrysselect.com, you can purchase their frequent diner card for $25. Within 24 hrs. of registering your card online you will receive a $25 credit on your Landry's card, essentially making the membership free. If you take your card to the check in desk at Yak & Yeti, they WILL work you in. We've done that 2-3 times and never waited more than 10 minutes for a table.

Never tried it, but that should also work at TRex and Rainforest Cafe - they are both Landry's as well. I know it works at Mortons Steakhouse. I had their VIP card for ages, and when Landry's bought them out, they made all of the Morton's VIPs into Landry's Frequent Diners

-dave

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom