Pre-Trip 18 years of marital bliss means it’s time for some Surf n Turf action…..again.

So….it’s about that time again. For those unfamiliar with our shenanigans you may enjoy the following:
Surf n Turf vol 1: 16th anniversary trip
Surf n Turf vol 2: 17th anniversary trip
Surf n Turf vol 3: Cruising is not for the kid.

I hope you all have been having an excellent summer so far, ours has been BUSY! As the title suggests, this will mark our 18th anniversary and what is awesome is we will actually be in the bubble on our anniversary date! But first, some introductions:
DW: Laura and me: Sean
PhotoPass_Visiting_WDWRESORTSANDMORE_7724885381.jpeg

Lots of back story of here and I won’t throw it all at you again but long story short; my wife sat in front of me in the 5th grade and I still think that is pretty awesome!

So, those familiar with us should not be surprised, Disney Vacation Creep set in rather early this time and what was to be a Thursday arrival soon turned into a Wednesday arrival and the dates are:
October 19-21 AKL Kidani
October 21-24 Disney Dream
October 24-25 AKL Kidani

Love me a Dream sammy on Kidani! We actually did our Dream check-in just yesterday and booked a few things to do, one of those is a dinner at Palo again on Pirate night. We snagged a 6pm reservation this year so if we decide to take part in the costume festivities we can and we will be done in plenty of time for the fireworks. We also booked two excursions as placeholders and need to decide which one we want to do. We are holding a jet ski excursion for two and a snorkeling/rum tasting excursion. The DW is on the fence on which one to do. I’m fine either way as long as we have plenty of time to relax at Serenity Bay. Some other Dream stuff is TBD.

We’ve lined up a few ADRs and will probably add one other before we leave. What we have so far is:
Sanaa for dinner
Kona, our breakfast tradition the day we make for port.
Yachtsman for our anniversary dinner.

That’s it for now, more details to follow.

Last edited:

DimpledDevil18

Happy anniversary! Can't wait to read about your upcoming trip. I'd love to do any cruise, but especially a Disney cruise. My Mom refuses to take one though, so it looks like I'll have to go on my own :( Anyway I hope you have a blast!

Your cat cracks me up with the boxes. Mine is the same way. It literally is "If it fits, I sits."

lostpro9het

Original Poster
9 days! I still have to buy some trip supplies and of course we need to start packing this weekend. We did decide on a few things that we want to do on the boat:

1: Book a no frills 3 day cruise on the Wonder in February to bring us up to gold status for our 20/40 trip. We're thinking just a cheap (ha! as if) inside stateroom on a 3-day itinerary that will skip Nassau and have a full day at sea before Castaway. An additional surprise on this is that the DD actually said she WANTED to tag along...WTH!?!?! Well we made sure to press her to make sure we didn't get a repeat of our last cruise with her. She pretty much said to let her do her own thing and not plan her stuff that she would do that....
alrighty-then.gif

2. Book our 20/40 placeholder, maybe even book the cruise if the itineraries are out. More details about this later.
3. Add on a small, 40ish point, POLY contract to supplement our DVC addiction becasue, you know, 220 AKL points isn't enough :rolleyes:. We've already burned 110 of our 2017 points :eek: so this will help with that problem.

I still haven't mastered the GoPro...or even used it yet for that matter, so I need to get busy and start learning how to use that cat.

That's it for now, we're just super excited to be doing the single digit dance!

imahistorygeek

As Sean mentioned, we will be booking another cruise in February on the Wonder. Well, last week there were GTY rate inside staterooms available. This week, they're not. What is even more surprising is that an oceanview stateroom is only $50 more than the current rate for an inside stateroom. We were quite surprised by this, but if it holds true by the time we get to booking this cruise, we will probably go with the oceanview stateroom.

I've used the GoPro a few times to take pictures. My cats were thrilled. I also used it to record my jazzercise class for evaluation. Either I'm getting old or cameras are just getting more complicated, but it took me FOREVER to figure out how to get the videos off of the camera. We'll figure it out by the time we get there, I'm sure.

lostpro9het

Original Poster
4 days to go!!!!

The luggage is ready to be packed and I brought out the DVC box and picked up some supplies for the trip.I've been busy this morning prepping for our Cruise and have a game for you. Can you spot the difference?

I do solemnly swear I am up to no good and ready for this cruise!

I've been tinkering around with the GoPro and still learning the ropes. We, for sure, have no shortage of attachments for this fella.

The double edge to the sword of booking two more cruises on this trip is we may have to do a little work while on this trip. This means booking the internet package on the boat to do some classwork each morning. A plus means you may get a few live check-ins while at sea. Hooray for you!

That's all for now, time to go learn more GoPro...

Last edited:

lostpro9het

Original Poster
Last day!

Crunched some numbers yesterday and decided the Tables in Wonderland card would still save us more over the next 13 months when compared to the new AP discounts so we will pick one up on this trip. Clothes are all packed all we lack are the toiletries, chargers, and iDevices. We're planning on leaving pretty early tomorrow morning to beat the ATL traffic madness and hopefully be hitting the bubble around 12:00-1:00. Just got to get through this work day which will no doubt be the longest day ever.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Last day!

Crunched some numbers yesterday and decided the Tables in Wonderland card would still save us more over the next 13 months when compared to the new AP discounts so we will pick one up on this trip. Clothes are all packed all we lack are the toiletries, chargers, and iDevices. We're planning on leaving pretty early tomorrow morning to beat the ATL traffic madness and hopefully be hitting the bubble around 12:00-1:00. Just got to get through this work day which will no doubt be the longest day ever.

So excited for you two! Enjoy!! Have a happy and safe trip.

lostpro9het

Original Poster

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom