Star Wars Actress Reveals Why Han and Leia Split Up

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
Original Poster
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/star-wars-actress-reveals-why-han-and-leia-split-u/1100-6443905/

One of the big surprises of last year's Star Wars: The Force Awakens is that Han Solo and Princess (now General) Leia were no longer together. The fact that their son had become evil Kylo Renn probably didn't help matters, and now actress Carrie Fisher has spoken about some their other relationship issues, in typically frank style.

In a Q&A at the Saskatoon Comic & Entertainer Expo, Fisher explained that Han's profession and choice of friends may have been a problem. "He smuggled way too much," she joked, as posted on the Expo's Facebook page. "And girls, I know you don't want your husband smuggling, do you? [And] hanging out with the hairy guy too often. I think there are a lot of problems with that.

"He wouldn't take me on that hyperspace thing enough. [That's a] euphemism."

Fisher will return as Leia in the upcoming Star Wars: Episode VIII, which is directed by Rian Johnson. The film finished shooting in July, and is now in post-production ahead of its December 2017 release.

In a recent interview, Adam Driver, who plays Kylo in the new Star Wars movies, shared some insight into the film's script.

"It's great," he told Collider. "It's similar to how The Empire Strikes Back has a different tone. For that people always go, 'Oooh, it's dark.' But I don't know that it necessarily is. It's just different in tone in a way that I think is great and necessary but also very clear.

"[Rian] trusts [that] his audience is ready for nuance and ambiguity. He's not dumbing anything down for someone and that's really fun to play," he added.

StarWarsGirl

Typical Carrie Fisher. :joyfull:

The novel Bloodline actually hints at some of the reasons they may have broken up. Han was away while Leia was serving in the senate, and then she started the resistance when she saw where everything was headed, so they were apart a good bit. They still loved each other, but being apart so much and then what happened with their twit of a son...just enough to tear them apart. :(

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom