Planet Hollywood unveils redesign for Disney Springs

djkidkaz

More tarps going on exterior:
IMG_3330.JPG

djkidkaz

Did they at one point show the artwork as being white panels on the exterior? I notice it is grey which will help hide dirt but I just always pictured it as white for some reason.

Here is a photo I took that will give you a sense of what it will look like in the background when finished. The trees are obscuring the unfinished part.
IMG_3332.JPG

roj2323

Original Poster
Did they at one point show the artwork as being white panels on the exterior? I notice it is grey which will help hide dirt but I just always pictured it as white for some reason.

Here is a photo I took that will give you a sense of what it will look like in the background when finished. The trees are obscuring the unfinished part.
View attachment 164537

Yea it's quite sharp looking in person. Granted they still have a lot of work to do including tightening up the currently installed panels but the building is going to look quite nice when it's done.

Disneykings

Yea it's quite sharp looking in person. Granted they still have a lot of work to do including tightening up the currently installed panels but the building is going to look quite nice when it's done.

Do you think there is any chance it will be finished by end October? Its hard to tell from the pictures. I guess as there recruiting now it must be close?

njDizFan

What is going between the arched outer wall and the dome? It looks like a courtyard, is that going to be additional seating and eventually covered by a roof? I can't quite picture the final look.

HiYa Pal

What is going between the arched outer wall and the dome? It looks like a courtyard, is that going to be additional seating and eventually covered by a roof? I can't quite picture the final look.

I think its going to be more lounge-y space like the rooftop at The World of Coke.

Slowjack

I don't know that I would demote that product to a "tarp" as one of those panels probably costs somewhere around $10,000.
The panels may be expensive, but they don't necessarily look expensive, which is the problem some of us have. I'm hoping the illusion will work better in person than it is coming across in these pictures. There's probably also the psychological element, that they may look different/better to someone who hasn't followed the construction and doesn't know that they're stretched fabric panels.

roj2323

Original Poster
The panels may be expensive, but they don't necessarily look expensive, which is the problem some of us have. I'm hoping the illusion will work better in person than it is coming across in these pictures. There's probably also the psychological element, that they may look different/better to someone who hasn't followed the construction and doesn't know that they're stretched fabric panels.
If you are basing your opinion only on photos then I really don't understand how you can really understand how it looks in person. I've seen it in person several times since I live near by. Your distaste for the covering really is not representative of what it looks like in person. Additionally THEY ARE NOT DONE!!!!! Every construction project looks like horse manure until it's close to completion. Just give it time.

Slowjack

If you are basing your opinion only on photos then I really don't understand how you can really understand how it looks in person. I've seen it in person several times since I live near by. Your distaste for the covering really is not representative of what it looks like in person. Additionally THEY ARE NOT DONE!!!!! Every construction project looks like horse manure until it's close to completion. Just give it time.
Whoa there, calm down. Did you read what I wrote? I said: I'm hopeful they look better in person--i.e., I understand that the photos may not be doing them justice and I want that to be the case. And then I also say opinions such as mine may be colored by the knowledge that its a fabric covering instead of the solid roof we were expecting, that if I didn't know that I might like it better. All of which adds up to the mildest, most qualified criticism of the roof I could write. And then you give me the all-caps and exclamation points? I don't get it.

JUFL2019

I have also seen it in person and think it looks like crap. But that's the good thing about opinions is we are all allowed to have them...except on a Disney fan forum obviously.

halltd

I was crazy excited about the renovation when the renderings came out. Then disappointed when the fabric started going up. Then when it was all smoothed out, I was like, "ohhhhhhhhhhh....this still might look good." Just saw it in person today and the smooth panels looked good. But then I saw they had precut holes in them for what I can only assume to be the mechanical units below.

IMG_20160925_150838490_HDR.jpg

Plus, the panel where the emergency exit door goes stops above the door, leaving all kinds of nastiness below. I hope they find a way to clean that up.

IMG_20160925_150856130.jpg

brihow

I was crazy excited about the renovation when the renderings came out. Then disappointed when the fabric started going up. Then when it was all smoothed out, I was like, "ohhhhhhhhhhh....this still might look good." Just saw it in person today and the smooth panels looked good. But then I saw they had precut holes in them for what I can only assume to be the mechanical units below.

View attachment 165059

Plus, the panel where the emergency exit door goes stops above the door, leaving all kinds of nastiness below. I hope they find a way to clean that up.

View attachment 165060

thanks for the pics! I think it's going to look great. I can't imagine Disney leaving any of the areas that look unfinished, so I'm not concerned.

roj2323

Original Poster
IMG_3466.JPG
IMG_3471.JPG
IMG_3474.JPG
Stopped by tonight for a pizza and got a few inside photos

They have hung a lot of Sheetrock inside but it's still spotty and there's a lot of holes in it where they are working. There also seems to be several zebra stripe patterns on the one wall in various shades and patterns. I'm hoping this is just a relic of the old interior and not something to expect with the new one.

roj2323

Original Poster
View attachment 165059

View attachment 165060

I took a look at this area tonight and it looks like that emergency exit is being eliminated. The stairs have been cut off with a torch and all that is left is the stringer. They may end up leaving the door however so they can get equipment in and out which is probably why the fabric panel stops just above it. We should have a better idea of how they plan to finish this area off in the next few weeks.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom