An abandoned Disneyland in decay.

Kramerica

Original Poster
This probably isn't posted to the correct board, but I'm not sure where else to put it, and I think people will find it interesting regardless.

I love Disneyland. And I love abandoned places, the way they're so quickly turned back over to mother nature. But Disney is far too successful to abandon any of their parks (except maybe River Country) But fortunately, there's another option. Apparently in the 60s, the Japanese opened a theme park called "Dreamland". It's a blatant knockoff of Disneyland, including a mainstreet, train station, castle, monorail, and very bizarre, low quality versions of some of the rides. Matterhorn, Jungle Cruise, Teacups. It's all there. After Disneyland Tokyo came to town, Dreamland quickly shut down and has been left abandoned.

Looking at photos of it are wildly eerie. But I find it endlessly interesting. Let me know what you guys think.

4.16-Osaka-567-1-1080x720.jpg

dreamland11.jpg

nara-dreamland-parking.jpg

Japan-2013-1440_web-lrg.jpg

Nara+Dreamland-10.jpg

nara-dreamland-rusty-boats.jpg

raven

Any abandoned amusement park is difficult to look at. But it looks like they spent a lot of money trying to make it look exactly like a Disney park instead of coming up with their own ideas. Guess that money should've been saved for things like advertising, eh?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom