Disney Springs - New Bus Depot

New Bus Depot at Disney Springs -

• Dislike

Results are only viewable after voting.

ekutchey

Original Poster
We just returned from a fantastic trip to Disney as we do each year. What are your feelings on the new bus depot at Disney Springs? I must admit it is laid out quite well and much larger compared to the previous location. But I very much do not enjoy the new location. Being dropped of in the regular shopping area (yes I understand why for shopping/marketing) not close to the more traditional Disney area is a disappointment. I wish they had kept the previous area and the new area as well. Remember when they had two areas for bus depots I mean yes it took a little more time but you had a choice. I guess in the long run I just miss the "magic" being present when you first walk onto Disney Springs.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
We just returned from a fantastic trip to Disney as we do each year. What are your feelings on the new bus depot at Disney Springs? I must admit it is laid out quite well and much larger compared to the previous location. But I very much do not enjoy the new location. Being dropped of in the regular shopping area (yes I understand why for shopping/marketing) not close to the more traditional Disney area is a disappointment. I wish they had kept the previous area and the new area as well. Remember when they had two areas for bus depots I mean yes it took a little more time but you had a choice. I guess in the long run I just miss the "magic" being present when you first walk onto Disney Springs.
No, none of this.

WDW Guru

I personally like it better because it is more centrally located. It was always annoying to have to walk all that way to get to the West Side.

tglancy

If the new bus depot is what is enabling them to run buses direct from the parks to Disney Springs, I love it and it's the greatest thing ever!

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
OP, I don't really understand what you mean by the "magic" of the "traditional Disney" side of Disney Springs, as opposed to the "regular shopping area." The entire place is a shopping area.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
Once upon a time, there were 3 different bus stops and you could get off where you needed to be.
That's not necessary anymore. With the new bridges, it's faster to just get off at the central depot and walk to your destination than it would be to wait for the buses to go through three stops.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
I like that the buses drop guests off right in front of the entrance to DS and then move to the resort load area. I also like the location it is centrally located. I just wish they would have bus pick up schedules here (and also at the parks) like they do at the resorts.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
The central location is much better. The three stops drastically slowed down the bus transportation and were replaced by boat transportation that will take you the the extreme ends of Disney Springs for those that do not want to walk it.

Worldlover71

I understand what the OP is saying. The old location left you near the Marketplace section which retains the charm and nostalgia of year's past. The new location leaves you in the new section which is attractive but feels like many other outdoor malls. That said, I will gladly enter the new way which I think has been laid out efficiently and attractively and saves a ton of time over the old two or three stop system.

Goofyernmost

If the new bus depot is what is enabling them to run buses direct from the parks to Disney Springs, I love it and it's the greatest thing ever!
I don't believe I'd hold my breath waiting for that to happen. But, if you can dream it... you can continue to dream it. Or something like that.

Goofyernmost

Cmdr_Crimson

The central location is much better. The three stops drastically slowed down the bus transportation and were replaced by boat transportation that will take you the the extreme ends of Disney Springs for those that do not want to walk it.

I agree! Having to walk to the Marketplace bus stop after hiking it from PI only to realize they had a 2nd stop at PI...The Central location works better as no matter where you walk to....There's always a hike to get to it..

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom