The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

StarWarsGirl

yeah young lady! HOW DO YOU DARE TO TELL PEOPLE THEY HAVE OPPORTUNITIES TO WORK AND GET PAID?
You would be surprised at how many people do yell at you for calling them. And we're pretty good about making sure that we don't accidentally call someone more than once. Yet you do get the occasional person who calls back and yells. Most people are pretty gracious. Some, er, not so much.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
No but since you injected mental illness then you have to recognize that on many levels they thought it was what was expected of them and to them, not abnormal. It isn't an excuse but it is a reason and it is easy to throw the blame on evil people and not on the reality of what transformation mental illness can have on a person. I say that with more then just a little experience in that area. The Jekyll and Hyde syndrome is very real. Is it an excuse for irrational behavior, no, of course not, It is, however, a reason. I've had to deal with those internal emotions between my daughters and their mother and finally have been able for them to be unhappy with what happened but not angry about it. All anger ever does is eat away at the person feeling it.

I understand your points and can agree with some of it but not quite my point. I do respect what you are saying given all you shared over the years. In my era of growing up and and certainly those younger than me it wasn't expected of mothers or fathers, priests, nuns, teachers etc to be verbally abusive, manipulative or to not allow youth to mature or be educated. Granted it obviously happens but on a whole society did not believe those type of toxic traits were to be expected. My experience is more the majority of parents and those who had authority over the young wanted them to develop normally, become educated and to become productive members of society. I dealt with a Jekyll Hyde kinda Dad but I did have a Mom that when it counted drew the line in the sand and kept our development and normal social life along with our education on track.

Goofyernmost

I understand your points and can agree with some of it but not quite my point. I do respect what you are saying given all you shared over the years. In my era of growing up and and certainly those younger than me it wasn't expected of mothers or fathers, priests, nuns, teachers etc to be verbally abusive, manipulative or to not allow youth to mature or be educated. Granted it obviously happens but on a whole society did not believe those type of toxic traits were to be expected. My experience is more the majority of parents and those who had authority over the young wanted them to develop normally, become educated and to become productive members of society. I dealt with a Jekyll Hyde kinda Dad but I did have a Mom that when it counted drew the line in the sand and kept our development and normal social life along with our education on track.
And that is the way that most situations work out. However, having dysfunctional, disabled and incompetent parenting is not anywhere near as uncommon as you think. You just don't hear about it or weren't in an area where it was happening. There are many, many people that know how to have babies, but, do not have the slightest idea how to raise one successfully and they just do the only thing that they know and that is to copy the example of their parents.

Growing up, I was never really exposed to it in a manner that I was aware of until I became an adult. Then I found out that my mother's brother, my uncle, was a victim of the battle of the bulge in WWII, and was a full fledged, irresponsible alcoholic that caused all kinds of disruption in his direct family. He had two children, one two years older then I and one 5 years younger. Both are now dead due to destroyed livers and massive drinking problems. Unhappy childhoods and heavy duty stress that none of us were aware of until we were much, much older. They were educated, but, neither of them ever launched. They tried, but, ended up living with their mommy until their death both in their early 60's.

Yes, indeed... crap happens and it happens to many more people then we care to think about. Some we hear about, some resort to closet alcoholism, some succumb to depression and other illnesses. Those with internal strength and independence, make it through, others do not. But, in my opinion, it is really a common problem, some of us were just very lucky to have escaped that.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
I finally have some good news...

The company that I interned for over the summer offered me a part-time managerial position. AND it might be a full time position after graduation.

giphy.gif

Congrats! That is great to have that option lined up.

MOXOMUMD

@betty rose A tornado went through Kokomo and damaged a lot. It touched down four miles north of my family. They have trees and wires down everywhere but they and their home are okay. They moved to a different area of the city a few years ago and it was a good idea. Their former home is only half there now. :(

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I'm seeing 6.2 as well. Not a great news story to wake up to! I can't imagine being in the middle of something like that.

As the reports throughout the morning kept getting updated, the magnitude numbers also steadily inclined. (I'm always up very early in the morning; and at those early hours, the local news stations here were just getting in the preliminary reports.)

MinnieM123

Premium Member
@betty rose A tornado went through Kokomo and damaged a lot. It touched down four miles north of my family. They have trees and wires down everywhere but they and their home are okay. They moved to a different area of the city a few years ago and it was a good idea. Their former home is only half there now. :(

Sympathy like. At least your family is safe where they are presently living.

MOXOMUMD

What part you disagree? the male view or the female view?

Also, anyone who has been to cruises on the caribbean. What you guys recommend to do in St. Marteen?
I honestly cant find much other than boat tours and walking.
I just cant believe they have the tiny Star Wars museum as #3 !!!
Are you going out when Hurricane Gaston is happening?

betty rose

Oh, my goodness. We lived in Kokomo. So sad to hear. We went under our house in Greentown, 10 miles east of Kokomo, where we bought our first house. Luckily we were warned and the tornado touched down a half mile from our house. It seems that some places keep having the same weather conditions, happening over and over, when years go by. I'm so glad your family is safe and sound.

donaldtoo

Oh wow. Scary stuff.
Sympathy like for all those affected, and for your family and their home being OK.
Prayers to all affected.

MOXOMUMD

Oh, my goodness. We lived in Kokomo. So sad to hear. We went under our house in Greentown, 10 miles east of Kokomo, where we bought our first house. Luckily we were warned and the tornado touched down a half mile from our house. It seems that some places keep having the same weather conditions, happening over and over, when years go by. I'm so glad your family is safe and sound.
Yeah, it was an EF3. They just had a tornado in the same area (Markland Mall) three years ago. It was weird they were showing on the weather channel places we drove by just six weeks ago. They showed a Starbucks leveled and we had lunch from the Panera right next to it the day we drove home.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom