RUMOR: Pirates of the Caribbean Replacing Peter Pan in “FANTASMIC 2.0” Show at Disneyland in 2017

TP2000

Nothing as large as Fantasmic 2.0, but major entertainment for the Halloween parties didn't survive the spring. Hopefully they're able to get approved for 2017.

Your insight and contribution is always so interesting.

@GiveMeTheMusic I would assume since the "Shanghai Fiscal Quarter" of spring '16 came in with increased net profits of $994 Million just from Parks & Resorts, plus the recent positive comments by Iger to the financial community about strong attendance and spending in Shanghai post-opening, that the Shanghai Shakedown #ThanksShanghai was seen as a fiscal success? And Chapek has not demanded further cuts in current and future quarters to hide any Shanghai weakness?

The Halloween parties do feel way too temporary. As if they are still in the first year or two of operation and trying to flesh out whether or not the concept will really work and if they should spend some real money & resources on it. Except it's like 10 years old and wildly popular and it isn't going anywhere.

TDA does a much better job of keeping the parks fresh than TDO currently does, but sometimes TDA still spends money as if they aren't very confident in the product they offer to 25+ Million customers per year. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

TP2000

The Columbia as of yesterday.

*chop*

View attachment 156920

Great news! The Columbia hasn't had a huge rehab like this since the early 2000's. They removed the masts and redid the riggings like this in one of those huge rehabs back then too.

The Columbia is such a wonderfully exclusive Disneyland offering. When you travel through Washington state and visit some of the pioneer museums up there, the original Columbia shows up again and again. It was a vessel that played such an important role in our young nation's history in the late 1700's, not just for international trade but for establishing cultural links with the Salish Indians of the Pacific Northwest years before Lewis & Clark arrived there via land.

Walt was brilliant for adding it to the Disneyland roster in 1958. And look how useful it is 60 years later for both afternoon Colonial cruises and evening pirate attacks!

Last edited:

Nland316

If Frozen must be incorporated, it'd be cool to see Mickey have a small battle segment with Marshmallow.. Like Jafar and Mickey do in the WDW version.. I love Fantasmic but all of these possible upgrades make me excited.. I would also love a tangled scene with floating lanterns.. I REALLY hope that Pink elephants, Jungle Book, and the current princess medley soundtrack remain or are incorporated somehow into the new show.

Erich

I was talking to a creative costuming manager for Disneyland, they said that they will be replacing Peter Pan with pirates but they will keep the costumes for pan in storage just in case the new plans don't work out.

GiveMeTheMusic

I was talking to a creative costuming manager for Disneyland, they said that they will be replacing Peter Pan with pirates but they will keep the costumes for pan in storage just in case the new plans don't work out.

They store costumes, even ones from shows that are discontinued, all the time for archival or event purposes. There is zero chance of the new plans not working out.

Travel Junkie

Not a huge surprise but it sounds more and more like the new Fantasmic! will rely heavily if not almost entirely on new IP's. Some of the effects sounds cool like the ROA "Freezing over" but I really hope they keep a lot of the classics that made F! special to begin with. @GiveMeTheMusic are you hearing the updated show will be almost all recent IP?

GiveMeTheMusic

Not a huge surprise but it sounds more and more like the new Fantasmic! will rely heavily if not almost entirely on new IP's. Some of the effects sounds cool like the ROA "Freezing over" but I really hope they keep a lot of the classics that made F! special to begin with. @GiveMeTheMusic are you hearing the updated show will be almost all recent IP?

I have heard that the show will be mostly newer properties, but all Disney branded (i.e. no Star Wars/Marvel).

I should also clarify that this project is pretty tight lipped. Very little info on it has leaked other than Pirates. Frozen is an obvious add - that's more assumed than leaked from what I've heard.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 107043

What if Disney did a show or parade inside Disneyland that didn't feature one princess. Not one. Can you imagine?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom