New Feature Enhanced Forum Search

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
We are pleased to introduce a new and improved search here on the WDWMAGIC Forums.

The new search is intended to deliver better quality search results, helping you to find exactly what you are looking for, quicker than ever.

Beyond the improvement to the search results, there are also new search features including:
  • Thread post browsing directly from search results. (Click the '# results in thread" underneath each search result)
  • Spell correction. The new search will attempt to correct any typos and get you the information you are looking for.
  • Easier filtering of search results. Once your search results are displayed, you can easily filter them by section, using the list alongside the search results.
You can also enter operators onto the search line, such as:

before:2010-12-31
after:2010-01-01
user:wdwmagic

This example would return content posted by wdwmagic during 2010.

To use the new search, just head to the search box in the top right corner, just like before.

If you wish to continue to use the regular standard search, you can do so by clicking 'More' when you click on the search box.

We hope you find the new search useful in your time here on the forums, and please do let us know your thoughts on the update, both good and bad! We are always looking to improve.

Thanks!

mousehockey37

This is funny... most people don't use the search function... They just start multiple threads on the same thing, over and over and over... And then we "discuss" the same things, over and over and over...

mousehockey37

Well let's see if a better search experience will help people find what they are looking for.

I don't think a better search experience is needed, just a bigger search box! Maybe a flashing memo at the top of the screen directing them to search first, then create a thread if nothing is found, lol.

NYwdwfan

Hey @wdwmagic - yesterday I searched around 9pm and the results came up with posts from yesterday having a time stamp with today's date - I know I didn't search using a Delorean so any idea why the date would be in the future?

NYwdwfan

Possibly a GMT conversion issue?
It's got to have something to do with time zones - here's what I'm describing (I just posted today 8/31 and the date says 9/1):
image.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom