The Edison--details announced

Mike730

image.jpeg

Not the greatest photo from last night but I figured I'd post it nonetheless.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I can't believe I'm agreeing with JT on this, but I am. This is one of the DS projects in which I've been most interested, and I'd love more info.

There is no reason yet to believe it's been delayed further, it's just that we haven't gotten recent pictures. There is a lot less under construction now so people might not be visiting as often to do photo updates.

djkidkaz

I think it's partly due to the fact that like myself, most people haven't been going that direction. When I come out of the lime garage I immediately turn towards Coca Cola and the town center.

HiYa Pal

This has been a very slow project from the start. I wonder why.

I can't remember well enough, but I think there's no longer direct construction access to this area without going through open guest areas, please someone correct me if I'm wrong, but that does create some logistical nightmares when you can only have supplies and equipment brought in for 4-6 hours a night while DS is closed, like how the hub took so long to expand in MK, since they weren't doing much of anything while the park was open to guests. That's just my guess on why it's such a slow pace.....

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I can't remember well enough, but I think there's no longer direct construction access to this area without going through open guest areas, please someone correct me if I'm wrong, but that does create some logistical nightmares when you can only have supplies and equipment brought in for 4-6 hours a night while DS is closed, like how the hub took so long to expand in MK, since they weren't doing much of anything while the park was open to guests. That's just my guess on why it's such a slow pace.....

That is correct. Construction access is through the temporary bridge circled in blue which dumps out into a guest area. With that said, there have clearly been issues with this project. There were a number of somewhat confusing permit and financing documents filed for this project early on and then nothing happened for a long period of time, until a new South Florida Water Management permit popped up. Once construction started, there was clearly a period of time where it appeared to have stalled for some reason.

upload_2016-8-24_10-20-59.png

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Sunday, August 28. The outer walls are finally being applied to The Edison, starting with the top of the rotunda, seen below. Not visible in the below photo, but faux brickwork is being applied to the chimney frame, starting from the top working down.

IMG_8258.JPG

An updated view of the entire structure, and the construction access bridge.

IMG_8255.JPG

Close-up of the chimney. The top of the "smoke stack" has been attached.

IMG_8280.JPG

Lots of discussion about how slow this project is going. I will add my two cents, based on information passed from the company earlier this summer (yes, I have been holding back). The non-Edison food outlet that was to be at the bottom of the structure pulled out earlier this year. The Edison now has the whole building to themselves. So since early summer, they have been "redesigning" the interior concept to include all the interior space, which put the whole plan on hold.

Last edited:

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Photo update as of Sunday, August 28. The outer walls are finally being applied to The Edison, starting with the top of the rotunda, seen below. Not visible in the below photo, but faux brickwork is being applied to the chimney frame, starting from the top working down.

View attachment 157829

View attachment 157830

Lots of discussion about how slow this project is going. I will add my two cents, based on information passed from the company earlier this summer (yes, I have been holding back). The non-Edison food outlet that was to be at the bottom of the structure pulled out earlier this year. The Edison now has the whole building to themselves. So since early summer, they have been "redesigning" the interior concept to include all the interior space, which put the whole plan on hold.

Is this still going to be two spaces, The Edison and Walt's?

Rteetz

View attachment 157829

View attachment 157830

So does that mean no Walts or no tunnels or what?

jt04

The more space The Edison has the better. Never cared for the next neverland tunnels concept especially because I think the area could better be utilized with an Edison theme. IMO.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom