Clearwater.....food!

KirstyLou

Original Poster
Hi All!

I go to Florida in 12 days (eek!) and we've got a day planned at Clearwater. Can anyone recommend somewhere to eat for 3 adults - pics of food always welcome :). Thanks!

Omnikron

Welcome to Clearwater :)

A great place for people to check out for some good food is over at Frenchy's Rockaway Grill. It's right on Clearwateer Beach and a great place for sunsets on the beach. Just one reminder if you're renting a car and driving around (which you'll really need to do) find one of the city parking garages nearby to use. The small parking lot next to Frenchy's is crazy and good luck trying to find a spot as you drive around its loop.

Forgot the link to it http://frenchysonline.com/locations/frenchys-rockaway/

SAV

I prefer the Palm Pavilion which is on the other side of the parking lot from Frenchy's. Get a table outside on the patio and watch the sunset while listening to their entertainment. It's a lot more calm than Frenchy's from what I have seen.

Just be prepared to spend $2.50 - $3.00 per hour for parking. They do take credit cards, so you don't have to have change.

rob0519

I vote for Frenchy's as well. Right across the street from the beach. We were able to find a parking lot about a block away at 5th and Coronado. I think it was $25 for the day, but I'm not positive. You can also rent beach chairs and umbrellas right on the beach.

rob0519

Do you know how much it costs to rent the beach chairs and umbrellas?

I'm not positive, but it looks like my receipt shows a $50 charge which should have covered 5 chairs and I think one cabana, but I'm not sure. I would think two chairs and an umbrella should be about $25 for the day. We rented ours on the beach directly across from Frenchy's.

SAV

While at Clearwater Beach, make time to stop and visit the Pier60 @ Sunset daily festival. http://www.sunsetsatpier60.com/

They have local crafters selling their goods and other performers around the pier. It's a way to support some local's. They have a parking lot attached to the festival area, but it fills up rather quickly.

Also, Depending on when you are going, traffic can be a bear in the area, so get to the beach as early as you can. I'd do a little research ahead of time to scope out possible parking areas so you know whether you want to go right or left at the circle and not having to go around it multiple times.

You will have to contend with Tampa traffic as well. So try to plan around the rush hours.

rob0519

While at Clearwater Beach, make time to stop and visit the Pier60 @ Sunset daily festival. http://www.sunsetsatpier60.com/

They have local crafters selling their goods and other performers around the pier. It's a way to support some local's. They have a parking lot attached to the festival area, but it fills up rather quickly.

Also, Depending on when you are going, traffic can be a bear in the area, so get to the beach as early as you can. I'd do a little research ahead of time to scope out possible parking areas so you know whether you want to go right or left at the circle and not having to go around it multiple times.

You will have to contend with Tampa traffic as well. So try to plan around the rush hours.

All good points. Try Google Maps to find the surface lots. We parked in the lot on the right in the attached photo. One block from Frenchy's, 2 blocks from the beach.

A total side note to SAV: Nice Avi. Go Hawks!
Clearwater Parking.JPG

kelknight84

All good points. Try Google Maps to find the surface lots. We parked in the lot on the right in the attached photo. One block from Frenchy's, 2 blocks from the beach.

A total side note to SAV: Nice Avi. Go Hawks!View attachment 157072
This is Frenchy's south beach. One of 5! Rockaway is on North Beach and has the best views. It's also quieter on North Beach.

raven

Crabby Bill's has some great Gator Bites and drinks! Palm Pavilion for desert on the patio (key lime pie).

KirstyLou

Original Poster
Thanks for all the tips everyone! We are going to be going on a Tuesday I believe and have the Sea Screamer booked to do also.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom