Getting Around on the Ship with a Baby

MotherofaPrincessLover

Original Poster
My next cruise I'll be toting about an almost 9 month old (and he's pretty big for his age). How do people usually get around when they have infants? I'll have my stroller, but I have a feeling I'll get annoyed having to wait for the elevators. I'll bring my baby carrier, but I do worry about getting hot. Any one have any other suggestions? Any other suggestions on cruising with a baby would also be great.

EOD K9

My next cruise I'll be toting about an almost 9 month old (and he's pretty big for his age). How do people usually get around when they have infants? I'll have my stroller, but I have a feeling I'll get annoyed having to wait for the elevators. I'll bring my baby carrier, but I do worry about getting hot. Any one have any other suggestions? Any other suggestions on cruising with a baby would also be great.
I had cruised twice on DCL before we brought my twins on their first. They were ten months at the time. We did use the stroller on the first day to make it on to the ship, however, the elevators did get bogged down. We mostly carried them everywhere during peak times to use the stairs and used the strollers during off hours. By which I mean this. Before dinners, shows, embarking/disembarking at port it's easier to carry. In the middle of the day when people weren't around, the stroller was a help. We didn't use our baby carriers except for the lifeboat drill. Standing for that long with them in just our arms would have been too tiring. Please ask if you have any further questions.

MotherofaPrincessLover

Original Poster
I had cruised twice on DCL before we brought my twins on their first. They were ten months at the time. We did use the stroller on the first day to make it on to the ship, however, the elevators did get bogged down. We mostly carried them everywhere during peak times to use the stairs and used the strollers during off hours. By which I mean this. Before dinners, shows, embarking/disembarking at port it's easier to carry. In the middle of the day when people weren't around, the stroller was a help. We didn't use our baby carriers except for the lifeboat drill. Standing for that long with them in just our arms would have been too tiring. Please ask if you have any further questions.
Thank you so much for the reply. I'll be sure to ask you if I come up with anymore questions.

Tom

Beta Return
We took our then 1-year old on the Dream last November. We took a compact stroller (which we also used in the parks) and used it around the ship. As @EOD K9 said, we didn't use it at busy times, when everyone is out and about, because it would be more impossible to move around than WDW at fireworks time.

He usually went to the babysitters during dinner anyway, so we just carried him there and back.

We got some good exercise strolling around the promenade deck with the stroller. He enjoyed it, and so did we.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom