Will I be able to get the old AP renewal price?

Innkeeper's Club

Original Poster
I have a regular Annual Pass that expires next month on August 17 and I know that WDW changed the pricing structure for the Annual Passes, which are a lot more expensive. However I was wondering next month when I'm at WDW will I somehow be able to renew my current Annual Pass and not pay the brand new prices? If that can't happen I don't see myself getting an Annual Pass at what they currently charge for a new one.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
If you are renewing, you should be able to get the renewal price for whatever AP you select, but you will not be grandfathered in at last years prices.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Do you happen to know what the price would be under the new costs for those who previously had a regular Annual Pass?
They do not have it listed, but if it is like years past it will be a roughly 10% discount.

I would however contact Disney directly in this regard. The most recent change to AP structure is far more sweeping then any in recent memory so the rules that governed those previous changes might have been thrown out the window.

Innkeeper's Club

Original Poster
They do not have it listed, but if it is like years past it will be a roughly 10% discount.

I would however contact Disney directly in this regard. The most recent change to AP structure is far more sweeping then any in recent memory so the rules that governed those previous changes might have been thrown out the window.
Thanks for your help and maybe it's better I speak to a Cast Member in person at Guest Relations in the International Gateway. I know that when calling WDW the Cast Members either have no idea what we are talking about or they give the wrong information. Plus for me when calling from Canada it's a long distance call, so I waited this long and what's another few weeks.

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
Here is a chart that lists all passes available and the new and renewal prices. Also lists what each pass includes etc. ;)

image.png

sxeensweet

Unfortunately I believe that unless you are a Florida resident you must upgrade to either the Platinum or Platinum Plus pass. The Platinum is the four theme parks, and the renewal rate as of the last time I looked is $676 and change. Marie

Yes that's the renewal price with tax. The actual price before tax is on the chart I posted above $635. The chart explains all options for all people getting passes. Yes his only 2 options unless a DVC member, is the platinum and platinum plus shown on the chart as the only 2 options for non Florida residents (non DVC). But if he's DVC he can also get the Gold pass as well as an option. :)

Innkeeper's Club

Original Poster
Yes that's the renewal price with tax. The actual price before tax is on the chart I posted above $635. The chart explains all options for all people getting passes. Yes his only 2 options unless a DVC member, is the platinum and platinum plus shown on the chart as the only 2 options for non Florida residents (non DVC). But if he's DVC he can also get the Gold pass as well as an option. :)
Since I'm not a DVC member that option is not available to me. I will say after seeing the chart it has given me more clear of a mind about the cost if I do renew it.

sxeensweet

Since I'm not a DVC member that option is not available to me. I will say after seeing the chart it has given me more clear of a mind about the cost if I do renew it.

I wasn't sure if you were DVC so I wanted to put that out there just in case. I figured you were not though being you did not mention it. The memory maker is now included as a bonus all year so that's a plus with what the current prices are which are only about $75 more than the previous renewal price. I would have renewed mine if we would of had a trip planned this year/within another AP year, but we don't so I will purchase another AP either the Gold (I'm DVC) or Platinum next year before we go. :)

wannabeBelle

Yes exactly so!!! Marie

Innkeeper's Club

Original Poster
I wasn't sure if you were DVC so I wanted to put that out there just in case. I figured you were not though being you did not mention it. The memory maker is now included as a bonus all year so that's a plus with what the current prices are which are only about $75 more than the previous renewal price. :)
If I do renew my AP one thing I know for sure I won't be getting is another Tables In Wonderland card. Now I'm lucky that it won't expire until September 30, 2016 so I can still use it next month. However the cost for a new one is no longer worth it for me and I rather use whatever money towards the AP.

sxeensweet

If I do renew my AP one thing I know for sure I won't be getting is another Tables In Wonderland card. Now I'm lucky that it won't expire until September 30, 2016 so I can still use it next month. However the cost for a new one is no longer worth it for me and I rather use whatever money towards the AP.

I never did care for TIW and we always usually just purchased a dining plan for the pre paid aspect and not having to use a gift card instead (for prepaid feel because it can get lost etc) etc. But yes agree the current price makes it even less appealing. ;)

wannabeBelle

At $150 a clip I know what you mean. Thankfully I don't have to make that call until later in the year myself. Marie

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I never did care for TIW and we always usually just purchased a dining plan for the pre paid aspect and not having to use a gift card instead (for prepaid feel because it can get lost etc) etc. But yes agree the current price makes it even less appealing. ;)
There was a time when TiWL was a no brainier as even a few meals would put you in the black. Now it has to be a rather hard thought out equation.

RememberWhen

We did TiW this year. We have 2 trips and do a lot of character meals and buffets and I sat down with all the menus. If we were only going once it definitely would not have been worth it, but we break even a few days into the second trip and save a bit of money at the end. It was close though.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom