Star Tours Poster Missing

Cmdr_Crimson

Shame they couldn't oh I don't know....Retheme the the corner to a Star Wars-esque looking building giving it a feeling of an actual Star Port than a Soundstage..

YodaMan

It's not coming back. Didn't look good as the backdrop for Jedi Training.

I don't think it's been discussed yet, but the same thing just happened at Path of the Jedi last week. The permits filed for there had to do with removing the old radio antenna that used to be there in the Sounds Dangerous days.

PhotoDave219

How am I at an 8? I asked him a question based off of what seemed to be a confrontational response, he responded that he wasn't upset by the post, which was how I had perceived him to be, and I let it be from that point. Not sure what the fuss is about.

Fine then. Ignore list it is.

Bolt

I don't think it's been discussed yet, but the same thing just happened at Path of the Jedi last week. The permits filed for there had to do with removing the old radio antenna that used to be there in the Sounds Dangerous days.
However - they finally got rid of the tarp that was wrapping the building for 7 months that said Path of the Jedi and now have a real custom sign for it.

Jones14

Original Poster
I am still not clear how that would work with Muppets in between.
Based off of Martin's drawing, I'm assuming that the path will cut at a diagonal to where it cuts now.

As it stands, the exit to Star Tours is almost directly across from the Sci-Fi Diner. I think that if you look 45 degrees to the left while looking out of Tatooine traders, that's where the path will go (through the current New York skyline facades). I think that there's going to be a more direct path in the sense that if you follow the "flow", you'll head directly to SWL, but per Martin's drawing, there will be at least two "hallways" to lead to Muppets Courtyard and Sci-Fi on the left and right, respectively.

What's still unclear to me is if the existing path from Star Tours to Sci-Fi will survive; it's not clear in Martin's drawing.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Based off of Martin's drawing, I'm assuming that the path will cut at a diagonal to where it cuts now.

As it stands, the exit to Star Tours is almost directly across from the Sci-Fi Diner. I think that if you look 45 degrees to the left while looking out of Tatooine traders, that's where the path will go (through the current New York skyline facades). I think that there's going to be a more direct path in the sense that if you follow the "flow", you'll head directly to SWL, but per Martin's drawing, there will be at least two "hallways" to lead to Muppets Courtyard and Sci-Fi on the left and right, respectively.

What's still unclear to me is if the existing path from Star Tours to Sci-Fi will survive; it's not clear in Martin's drawing.

But from his drawing it doesn't look like the Star Wars theming will extend down the street next to Muppet vision.

Goofyernmost

I think that even Martin said that he wasn't sure if they were going to change the facade that runs along side the Muppets area. I'm thinking they could theme it in a Star Wars manner and have a separate entrance only slightly out of place for the Muppets, but, like what has been said over and over, it is far more likely that Star Tours will continue for awhile and then be re-themed to fit the area.

Jones14

Original Poster
But from his drawing it doesn't look like the Star Wars theming will extend down the street next to Muppet vision.

Oh, it definitely won't. There will be a straight shot from the exit of Star Tours to the land's entrance, but if I remember correctly, Martin hinted that there might be some type of Streets of America display, and the only place left for that to go would be on whatever serves as the walls between Star Tours and the land itself. What baffles me is how they're going to smoothly transition between all of those areas uniting into one that could be themed to a mini Streets of America without it looking choppy and disjointed.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Oh, it definitely won't. There will be a straight shot from the exit of Star Tours to the land's entrance, but if I remember correctly, Martin hinted that there might be some type of Streets of America display, and the only place left for that to go would be on whatever serves as the walls between Star Tours and the land itself. What baffles me is how they're going to smoothly transition between all of those areas uniting into one that could be themed to a mini Streets of America without it looking choppy and disjointed.

I agree, and if they don't theme the streets then Star Tours will not in any way "border" SWL.

Mickey1984

If it was going to be replaced, surely Disney would have waited and installed the new one at the same time as taking the old one down, no way they took it down and then they decide afterwards what to do with the space?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom