DVC AK night special event?

RememberWhen

Original Poster
Hello all,

My mom, a DVC member, booked a reservation for the animal kingdom evening DVC event on September 27th. Does anybody know what will be available? Will they do the show (jungle book or ROL)? She said they will have the safari. She's pretty excited about that.

We are planning to be at AK on the 25th, and will skip some of the night stuff if we can do it later. We make FP in 18 days...
I can't find any information online about the DVC event.

dreamfinder

According to the DVC member site
Enjoy an evening of fun and adventure.

Event highlights include:

Activities and offerings are subject to change.

* Kilimanjaro Safaris will close at 10:30 PM due to animal care. Some attractions will not be available during this Member event, including but not limited to: DINOSAUR, Festival of the Lion King and Finding Nemo – The Musical.

RememberWhen

Original Poster
Thanks. It should be good. Are hours listed? My mom said we can get bracelets at 7. We have a 4 year old in tow, so are probably going to be done in the 9:30-10 range.

dreamfinder

Thanks. It should be good. Are hours listed? My mom said we can get bracelets at 7. We have a 4 year old in tow, so are probably going to be done in the 9:30-10 range.

Once again quoting the DVC member page

Note: The following dates and times are subject to change.

When & Where

• Event Location:Disney's Animal Kingdom park, located at Walt Disney World Resort in Florida
  • Dates
    • Tuesday, September 6
    • Tuesday, September 13
    • Thursday, September 22
    • Tuesday, September 27
  • Time: 9:30 PM to midnight; Members and their guests can enter the park as early as 7:00 PM

Not quite sure how that will work. Current park hours show AK closing at 7:30/8 on those nights. So either the park hours are going to be extended til about 9 and it will work like a MNSSHP (very likely in my opinion) or they will try to hold you in a waiting area until the 9:30 start time.

RememberWhen

Original Poster
Thanks. I'm hoping/guessing that they will extend the hours a bit.
I've got my fingers crossed that the light show will happen at the event.

worldfanatic

I'm booked & looking forward to the opening Sept 6th event.
As I understand it, we will be given special wristbands & admitted to AK starting at 7pm.
Following the official closing time (8pm on my night), only those with the wristbands will be allowed to remain in the park.

DuckTalesWooHoo1987

We are going to the September 6th event and DVC told me the Safari will run until 10:30. They also said they will pick us up at BLT and their buses will be running. I had heard some members saying the wait times to book this were insane but I got through in one ring and a CM was helping me in about 5 seconds. I'm supposing their phones must have blown up after they initially announced this. I hate that Dinosaur will be under refurb during this. They also told me we get "complimentary food and drink" and I don't know if that means they will be giving out free coke and ice cream like they do at the MK event or what.

UncleFastpass

We are going to the September 6th event and DVC told me the Safari will run until 10:30. They also said they will pick us up at BLT and their buses will be running. I had heard some members saying the wait times to book this were insane but I got through in one ring and a CM was helping me in about 5 seconds. I'm supposing their phones must have blown up after they initially announced this. I hate that Dinosaur will be under refurb during this. They also told me we get "complimentary food and drink" and I don't know if that means they will be giving out free coke and ice cream like they do at the MK event or what.
Did you go on the 6th?just wondering if they are doing jungle book or some other show for us.Is there another thread for Safari Spectacular?

UncleFastpass

The Jungle Book show ended it's run prior to the first of the DVC Events.
I know The Jungle Book show ended,I was just wondering if they were going to provide a show for Safari Spectacular and was hoping that someone who had been could answer.Since RoL was supposed to be running well before now I imagine that it was suppose to be part of Safari Spectacular. When they substituted The Jungle Book till RoL was ready I thought that they would just show that for Safari Spectacular.So was The Jungle Book show so bad that they just had to get rid of it til RoL?

DuckTalesWooHoo1987

Did you go on the 6th?just wondering if they are doing jungle book or some other show for us.Is there another thread for Safari Spectacular?
Yep. We went on the 6th and another member told me earlier that day at the DVC Lounge in EPCOT that the Jungle Book show was discontinued a few days before. Make sure when you walk in though that you get your ticket to ride Kilimanjaro Safari because they assign you a 30 minute window of when you can get on it. They have these tables set up on the left and you can get your ticket there and they also give you some tickets for playing in Dino Land.

UncleFastpass

Yep. We went on the 6th and another member told me earlier that day at the DVC Lounge in EPCOT that the Jungle Book show was discontinued a few days before. Make sure when you walk in though that you get your ticket to ride Kilimanjaro Safari because they assign you a 30 minute window of when you can get on it. They have these tables set up on the left and you can get your ticket there and they also give you some tickets for playing in Dino Land.
Thank you! So they basically give you a fp for Kilimanjaro Safari,was it crowded enough to need it?Also does the Tree of Life "come to life" during the event?

DuckTalesWooHoo1987

Thank you! So they basically give you a fp for Kilimanjaro Safari,was it crowded enough to need it?Also does the Tree of Life "come to life" during the event?
Yeah it's pretty much a crowd control mechanism. The DVC Rep at BLT told me when she was giving me our armbands that she thought they might have capped the number allowed in at 5,000. The park definitely didn't "feel" crowded. Dino Land was a little crazy but I think that's just because they were giving away the free game tickets and also the Rescue Rangers meet and greet was there as well. I actually ran in to Big Fat Panda there and talked to him. He's a very nice guy. I asked him if he was in the DVC but he said no but he was there on behalf of the guy that owns a DVC Rental Store just to do a report on it. I can tell you too that if you get your armband at your resort it will allow you to bypass the line of people that have to wait for their bands at the park. I'm not sure if you can only get your bands at DVC Resorts or not though. We are members at BLT and that's where we were and they had a DVC Rep there giving out the bands and you couldn't get on the AK bus if you didn't have a band. It was an extremely fun event though and one of the highlights of this trip. One of the great things about Disneyworld is that no matter how many times you go there is always something to look forward to. We take 3 trips a year and every trip just seems to have its own special "identity" I guess you'd say.

UncleFastpass

Yeah it's pretty much a crowd control mechanism. The DVC Rep at BLT told me when she was giving me our armbands that she thought they might have capped the number allowed in at 5,000. The park definitely didn't "feel" crowded. Dino Land was a little crazy but I think that's just because they were giving away the free game tickets and also the Rescue Rangers meet and greet was there as well. I actually ran in to Big Fat Panda there and talked to him. He's a very nice guy. I asked him if he was in the DVC but he said no but he was there on behalf of the guy that owns a DVC Rental Store just to do a report on it. I can tell you too that if you get your armband at your resort it will allow you to bypass the line of people that have to wait for their bands at the park. I'm not sure if you can only get your bands at DVC Resorts or not though. We are members at BLT and that's where we were and they had a DVC Rep there giving out the bands and you couldn't get on the AK bus if you didn't have a band. It was an extremely fun event though and one of the highlights of this trip. One of the great things about Disneyworld is that no matter how many times you go there is always something to look forward to. We take 3 trips a year and every trip just seems to have its own special "identity" I guess you'd say.
Thank you so much,what great info! I will be heading down to WDW on the 21st with my wife ,son,daughter in law and our twin grandsons( who are turning one on Sat). We are staying at OKW and I was fortunate enough to get res for the 22&the 27th.So since the boys are so young half of us will be able to do one night and half the other.

DuckTalesWooHoo1987

Thank you so much,what great info! I will be heading down to WDW on the 21st with my wife ,son,daughter in law and our twin grandsons( who are turning one on Sat). We are staying at OKW and I was fortunate enough to get res for the 22&the 27th.So since the boys are so young half of us will be able to do one night and half the other.
That's a great idea. What we do to get time to ourselves is send the kids to Lilo's Playhouse at the Poly. They LOVE it there too. As DVC Members we get 15% off and it's already only $55 per kid and they get to stay from 4:30-12am. Chip and Dale even comes over for a visit. We always take them there so we can go to La Cellier. We are thinking on our trip in May that we may let them go twice because they like it so much and it would give us a little more alone time to ride things together that we normally can't. Are you guys members at OKW?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom