Points transfers

MassScott84

Original Poster
If there's another thread for this, please forgive me and let me know. We're planning our trip for next January and are realizing that we're not going to have enough points on my in-laws' account for the whole stay. The points for Congress Park at SSR went up! I've been watching the Timeshare Store emails for an amount close to what we need and thus far, nothing. Can anyone point me in a good direction for this?

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
At different times of year and also from year to year points can go up so that's probably one of the things that happened most likely 2017 points chart changed slightly. (Usually if one room type goes up/or different days of week go up another room type/days of week goes down and so forth to always stay pretty even for an average week stay). Not surprised that that section went up as its a very popular request to get Congress Park. You could choose to not book Congress Park. All sections at SSR are nice. Yes we like Congress Park but if I could stay for less points not choosing Congress Park I would consider that If need be.
Try using David's instead if you have heard nothing from Timeshare Store. David's is highly popular amongst many on this board and very reputable. :)

Last edited:

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
Ideally we'd like to add points to the account so we can just have one reservation. Seems that would be a transfer as opposed to a rental.

Yes that would be ideal but even if you do 2 seperate reservations they can link them saying its a continuous stay and you shouldn't have to move rooms etc. We have done that many times when adding a few days paying cash etc. Also DVC members can purchase directly from DVC 24 one time use points for $15 a piece. I don't know how many points you're short but if it's 24 or less you can do that. :)

dreamfinder

Ideally we'd like to add points to the account so we can just have one reservation. Seems that would be a transfer as opposed to a rental.

Keep in mind that while point rentals for money are allowed, point transfers are not. From the Transferring Rules PDF
Members are prohibited from receiving compensation for engaging in any transferring of Vacation Points.
Not sure how The Timeshare Store is getting around that, but something to keep in mind.

kniquy

Looks like we'll need 12.

If you only need 12 points then the easiest thing to do would be to buy the one time points at $15pp (so $180). I believe this can only be done 7 months out and for new reservations so you should be good to do this now. You have to call member services. Like someone mentioned you could just choose a lower point room/section. We stayed in the grandstand and it was nice and close to the lobby and pool.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom