Imagineering Weekends : One Sentence Competition Season 2

tcool123

Original Poster
Sorry that I didn't get a submission in guys. I've been overloaded with work lately.
Totally understandable, hope to see you next week though :D

Episode 2 Part 1 Reviews

I may be out of commission for the weekend so I'll get it done now (also why I did the mini challenge for house cup just now )
Keeping with the classic band theme, i would like to pitch a Sargent Pepper Lonely Hearts Club Band flat ride for the United Kingdom Pavilion. This colorful labyrinth of a flat ride will use technology from Mater's Junkyard Jamboree and be located in an expanded plot towards the western side of the pavilion, offering guests a swirvy and whimsical attraction swaying to the songs from one of The Beatles most famous albums.

Great job space on getting a project in and done. I must say this ride sounds like a lot of fun, and could potentially relieve the crowds from other rides around the park.

Leaps and Bounds
Constructed on the site of the former Magic Eye Theater, Leaps and Bounds will bring a fun, new, and colorful attraction to the Imagination Pavilion. Climb aboard a "thought bubble" with a friend and buckle in as your ride vehicle bounces up, down and forward in a series of circles (think of it as a Dumbo-style ride with significantly faster changes in elevation) while a continually-changing color light show (especially beautiful at night) displays in the ride vehicle's translucent canopy above your head.

Great job michmouse on getting this done. I think adding a flat ride to the Imagination Pavilion would be a great idea, and will add something eye catching to the Imagination pavilion. Especially at night with those thought bubbles changing color as they spin.

England Pavilion Mary Poppins Carousel

Mary Poppins finally gets her, long overdue, own attraction in the England Pavilion with her very own Carousel.

Complete with replicas of the Horse Conveyances straight out of the movie along with an animatronic Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious Band providing the carousel music, the theming is pure Mary Poppins.
I must say I love the idea of being able to ride one of the beloved carousel horses from the classic, and I think it would be a great way to bring to life an iconic scene from a movie. However you did turn it in a bit late, but given the circumstances I'll allow it this once for this episode.

Season Storms
Coming soon in 2018 is a new attraction that will replace Circle of Life, called ( as mentioned in the title above) Season Storms. The ride system is the same as Tokyo Disneyland's Baymax's Whip ride. The theming of the ride will; of course; be the four seasons; spring, summer, autumn, and winter; the queue will be interactive murals and interesting facts about the four seasons, and the ride vehicles will be unique because they change color and pattern to fit a certain season when the lighting changes, and the ride itself will have special effects so guests can feel the temperature drop or climb( don't worry, the temperature will be controlled by monitors that turn off when something goes wrong), feel the precipitation and wind, and will have randomized systems so that riders can emerge in environments that are completely affected by the seasons.

And I'm very sorry that I had one sentence longer than the other, but I did get you sentences about the new ride though; and no, this is not part of the ride summary.

I like the fact that you gave this ride an opening date. I also like how it is indoors, and thus will be able to run no matter the weather. I like that this whip ride is unique, and sets it apart from similar rides at DCA, DHS, and TDL, but the system you devised for the ride sounds rather complicated. Do you mean by feeling the precipitation if it's hailing guests will be able to feel hail falling on them, or if it's raining they'll get soaking wet? With all this in mind you have one sentence to many, and although it saddens me I must disqualify this project due to breaking a rule. (The three different sentences are color coded)

Top 3 -
Third Place : @michmousefan
Second Place : @spacemt354
First Place : @unkadug

Points -
unkadug - 3
spacemt354 - 2
michmousefan - 1
Jack Pumpkinhead - 0
RMicheal21 - 0
Matt7187 - 0
disneydf - 0
IAmNotAHufflepuff - 0

Your next challenge will be found Thursday, 5/26.​

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Totally understandable, hope to see you next week though :D

Episode 2 Part 1 Reviews

Great job space on getting a project in and done. I must say this ride sounds like a lot of fun, and could potentially relieve the crowds from other rides around the park.

Great job michmouse on getting this done. I think adding a flat ride to the Imagination Pavilion would be a great idea, and will add something eye catching to the Imagination pavilion. Especially at night with those thought bubbles changing color as they spin.

I must say I love the idea of being able to ride one of the beloved carousel horses from the classic, and I think it would be a great way to bring to life an iconic scene from a movie. However you did turn it in a bit late, but given the circumstances I'll allow it this once for this episode.

I like the fact that you gave this ride an opening date. I also like how it is indoors, and thus will be able to run no matter the weather. I like that this whip ride is unique, and sets it apart from similar rides at DCA, DHS, and TDL, but the system you devised for the ride sounds rather complicated. Do you mean by feeling the precipitation if it's hailing guests will be able to feel hail falling on them, or if it's raining they'll get soaking wet? With all this in mind you have one sentence to many, and although it saddens me I must disqualify this project due to breaking a rule. (The three different sentences are color coded)

Top 3 -
Third Place : @michmousefan
First Place : @unkadug

Points -
unkadug - 3
spacemt354 - 2
michmousefan - 1
Jack Pumpkinhead - 0
RMicheal21 - 0
Matt7187 - 0
disneydf - 0
IAmNotAHufflepuff - 0

Your next challenge will be found Thursday, 5/26.​
Just out of curiosity, what time zone are you in? I thought I still had an hour to spare when I posted my submission. :oops: I'm on Central time, so if you are Eastern, then I see how I was right on the line with my submission....anyway, thanks for the leniency.

With the holiday weekend coming up, will the deadline for the next challenge on Thursday be due over the weekend or (hopefully) the middle of next week?

tcool123

Original Poster
Just out of curiosity, what time zone are you in? I thought I still had an hour to spare when I posted my submission. :oops: I'm on Central time, so if you are Eastern, then I see how I was right on the line with my submission....anyway, thanks for the leniency.

With the holiday weekend coming up, will the deadline for the next challenge on Thursday be due over the weekend or (hopefully) the middle of next week?
Eastern, Ill be sure to post the EST next to the time.

I plan to post Thursday and then have it due Tuesday. With results on Wednesdays. It allows fir more people to participate.

tcool123

Original Poster
Episode 2 Part 2 -
Rock'n'Retheme

Welcome all to the second part of episode 2! Here we dare to venture to Walt Disney World's third park, Disney's Hollywood Studios! With the rumors of Guardians of the Galaxy taking over Rock'n'Rollercoaster, and an other unnamed ride, it makes you wonder what else could the Rock'n'Rollercoaster be rethemed to? Well, Imagineers you are here to answer a question. I would like an elevator pitch of one or two sentences on that particular subject. However I will have to set one limitation : No Marvel!

This challenge is due Tuesday, 5/31 at 8:00 PM EST.

Best of luck Imagineers! :D

Last edited:

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Deathstar Dogfight

Star Wars fans and non fans alike will thrill to the same coaster that has delighted for years, now with a new twist.

The darkness of the coaster building along with changing out the limo to X-Wing cars and the addition of projection screens along the sides of the track allows the theming to be changed to the iconic dogfights with the Tie Fighters and the thrilling trench run upon the Death Star.

Last edited:

spacemt354

Chili's
The Incredibles

Zoom around Metro City with Dash and your favorite superhero family as you battle Syndrome and the Omnidroid throughout the streets soaring along the original Rock n Roller Coaster track.

This attraction will open in 2025 following Phase 2 of Pixar Place which will see the extension of Pixar from Toy Story Land, and stretching across the entire back of the park to The Incredibles.

michmousefan

License to Thrill

Step inside a secret MI-6 training facility for new agents, get a briefing from Q and 007 himself, and then begin your "stress test" as you are subjected to varying levels of g-forces and weightlessness along the course. Trainee agents will encounter imagery ranging from legendary 007 villains, settings and Bond girls as the ride speeds through to a thrilling, explosive conclusion.

tcool123

Original Poster
Episode 2 Part 2 Reviews -

Deathstar Dogfight

Star Wars fans and non fans alike will thrill to the same coaster that has delighted for years, now with a new twist.

The darkness of the coaster building along with changing out the limo to X-Wing cars and the addition of projection screens along the sides of the track allows the theming to be changed to the iconic dogfights with the Tie Fighters and the thrilling trench run upon the Death Star.

Hey unkadug, hope this challenge interested you more than than Part 1. :D Love how you use Star Wars as your retheming, and I think everyone would love to be a part of the iconic trench run. However I am concerned about the fact just a hop, skip, and a run away is Star Wars Land and Star Tours. And I'm not sure if having two Star Wars ride on opposite sides of the park is a good thing.

The Incredibles

Zoom around Metro City with Dash and your favorite superhero family as you battle Syndrome and the Omnidroid throughout the streets soaring along the original Rock n Roller Coaster track.

This attraction will open in 2025 following Phase 2 of Pixar Place which will see the extension of Pixar from Toy Story Land, and stretching across the entire back of the park to The Incredibles.

Now I must wonder, is this a retelling of the Incredibles, or a sequel? Because Syndrome is kind of dead. However I do like the fact it's themed to Dash.

License to Thrill

Step inside a secret MI-6 training facility for new agents, get a briefing from Q and 007 himself, and then begin your "stress test" as you are subjected to varying levels of g-forces and weightlessness along the course. Trainee agents will encounter imagery ranging from legendary 007 villains, settings and Bond girls as the ride speeds through to a thrilling, explosive conclusion.

So 007, don't they change out the actor every 10 years or so? Wouldn't that cause it to become irrelevant given the fact that it's currently Craig, and int say 20 years we'll have two other bonds or so? However the concept itself is timeless along with the material its based off. So perhaps my first complaint won't matter. Plus I can easily fit 007 the time period of Sunset Boulevard better than Rock'n'roll ever did.

Hollywood Radio Coaster

The late 1940s and 1950s were a beginning age for rock and roll and a tremendous hit on radios across the nation; so if you were to go to where Rock n Roller Coaster once was, you'll find a two story 1950s music studio, where ; like Walt Disney Studios' version of RnRR; you'll experience the thrill of rock and roll music on the prototype vehicles. The layout will be the same, but the vehicles; for one; will look like 1950s race cars with music decorations, and the effects will be replaced by strobes, smoke effects, projectors, and lightning rigs will take the place of cardboard signs on what was once Rock n Roller Coaster.

With Disney mocving away from the studio theme, and more towards immersive film world. I'm also not sure if I want to experience anything from Walt Disney Studios Paris :p:rolleyes: However in general this doesn't sound very inspired it just makes the ride time period appropriate.

Top 3 -
Third Place : @unkadug
First Place : @michmousefan

Points -
unkadug - 4
spacemt354 - 4
michmousefan - 4
Jack Pumpkinhead - 0
RMicheal21 - 0
Matt7187 - 0
disneydf - 0
IAmNotAHufflepuff - 0

Your next challenge will be found Thursday, 6/2. I would also like to announce that a type of challenge seen when @Turtle was hosting will return.​

tcool123

Original Poster
I told you; I didn't know I was still in the competition and that I thought that the last challenge was my last because I said that I was going to try it out; not stay the entire competition.
Well now, you can try even harder to win next round :D Maybe that new challenge will help you out :cautious:.
Also I'm positive that a great Imagineer like you can do better than that with the time allotted. :D
Maybe I'll give you a participation point for posting something ;) But then again maybe I will give it to you due to the fact that you thought that last round you were eliminated. If anyone were eliminated it would've been the 4 who didn't submit anything, but there are no eliminations in this game. Because it's just for fun :D

tcool123

Original Poster
Episode 2 Part 3 -
Animal Kingdom - Alive with Magic!

As many you know Animal Kingdom has recently debuted a lot of new nighttime entertainment. However much of it wasn't met with warm and welcoming arms. However in this part we seek to tweak the Animal Kingdom to make it a park worth visiting at night. There will be two challenges for this part. The main challenge which is within this post, and a side challenge similar to the bonus questions that would gain someone a bonus point.

Imagineers for this part I task you to bring a new exclusive nighttime offering to Dinoland USA. It should be something to hold people's attention while they wait to be allowed to Rivers of Light. Your pitch will be due to me Tuesday, 6/7 at 8:00 PM EST. Remember only one to two sentences, and no pictures or videos of any kind.​

Jack Pumpkinhead

Episode 2 Part 3 -
Animal Kingdom - Alive with Magic!

As many you know Animal Kingdom has recently debuted a lot of new nighttime entertainment. However much of it wasn't met with warm and welcoming arms. However in this part we seek to tweak the Animal Kingdom to make it a park worth visiting at night. There will be two challenges for this part. The main challenge which is within this post, and a side challenge similar to the bonus questions that would gain someone a bonus point.

Imagineers for this part I task you to bring a new exclusive nighttime offering to Dinoland USA. It should be something to hold people's attention while they wait to be allowed to Rivers of Light. Your pitch will be due to me Tuesday, 6/7 at 8:00 PM EST. Remember only one to two sentences, and no pictures or videos of any kind.​
Is it okay if I establish the name of my nighttime entertainment before someone else uses a similar name?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom