Adding a Person

TXDisney

Original Poster
So I'm asking this question for some of my family going to wdw this week. So my sister, bro in law and their 20 month old are going to wdw this Thursday through Sunday. (Yes I'm upset I can't go). They did 3 night at Beach Club. So I did a lot of their planning for them. My sister works for AA so she has flight benefits and my Mom last week decided to tag along for the trip. Being that their room is 2 beds she's just staying with them. So I had no problem adding her to their FP rides and dining reservations, which was good. The issue is how she's getting to the resort with the rest of the family at the airport. She's not linked to the room, and my sister called and they didn't clarify this situation for her over the phone. My sister even said she'd pay whatever the added fee would be, but nothing. So my mom has her magic band with her tickets already linked, but no resort linked. Not that it's a bid deal but can someone clarify for me if the bus will take her to the resort with them even if she's not linked? She's ok with just taking an uber to the resort but would prefer to stay with them on the bus obviously. My sister made it sound like they said they could add her to the room, but that's once they get to the resort. Thanks in advance for advice.

dreamfinder

What type of reservation is it? If it is a room only booking, then there should be no problem adding the additional guest since you would still be under the max occupancy. Whomever owns the reservation, be it your sister or you, should be able to call and add the guest. If she isn't on the reservation, then your mom won't be able to use DME. Each guest on DME needs to be on the reservation. Doesn't really matter about having the reservation linked, as long as her name is listed as a guest and you call DME in advance, DME should be able to assist at the airport with boarding w/o it being on the MagicBand. If she is listed, then she should be able to add the reservation to her MDE. They can definitely add her upon arrival as a "day guest", and this is how it would need to be done if your family had a package booking and your mom didn't need the package, or wasn't staying the whole time. But then she wouldn't be able to do DME.

TXDisney

Original Poster
She isn't on the reservation. My sister owns the reservation. She has called and they wouldn't add my mom over the phone from what she told me. Leaving taking DME in limbo for her. My mom purchased tickets only, so she's linked to their FP and dining that's it right now.

Rob562

One snag I can see is if the hotel reservation is a *package* reservation. Then you'd have issues with adding someone onto it because they would be required to also buy all the options of the package (including tickets, which you say your Mom already has).

Another snag is if the reservation was booked through a travel agent, the agent will have to make any and all changes to the reservation.

Apart from those two things, if it's a Room Only reservation I'm a bit confused as to why they can't add your mother to the reservation. It *might* have something to do with a change within xx number of days before check-in, but I'd suggest they call back and try another CM at central reservations. They may find one who can add her.

I'd also make sure that your sister and Mom are linked as friends in MDE, it'll make linking her to the reservations moother once it happens.

-Rob

TXDisney

Original Poster
My sister and brother in law booked there's as a package deal I believe. But my mom for sure didn't. She just booked tickets. She's linked with them already on MDE, she just can't get linked to the resort. Which isn't a big deal bc she'll be with them the whole trip and won't need it as a room key. But at the airport she won't have the resort linked to her magic band so she can't get on DME.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
My sister and brother in law booked there's as a package deal I believe. But my mom for sure didn't. She just booked tickets. She's linked with them already on MDE, she just can't get linked to the resort. Which isn't a big deal bc she'll be with them the whole trip and won't need it as a room key. But at the airport she won't have the resort linked to her magic band so she can't get on DME.
That is the problem then. if you add a person to a package they must have the same thing (tickets, dining,etc) as everyone else in the package. You can however just add them to the room on site.

But to the issue at hand...to my knowledge, your mom will not be able to take Disney's Magical Express without being on an on site room reservation. That leaves her with some version of the "taxi" option to get from the airport to WDW.

dreamfinder

My sister and brother in law booked there's as a package deal I believe.

Then this would be why she cannot be added just to the room If a package booking has been made, then every guest on the package must have the exact same package for the whole duration, so room, ticket and dining plan. The only way around that is to add the other party member as a "day guest" at the front desk of the resort. This is what your sister will have to do once they arrive as it will let your mother get perks such as EMH, but also let her book DME for the return trip. If your mother was coming down 24hrs (or more) after, then they can add her at the desk and mom could then book DME, but if they are arriving at the same time/date then that wouldn't work.

As @Master Yoda said, taxi/uber/mears/whatever would be the best option.

PicabuBuffeteria

Call DME at 866-599-0951 and tell them that she is flying in with you and will be added as a day guest upon arrival. They'll book the inbound transport as a courtesy.

daisyduckie

Call DME at 866-599-0951 and tell them that she is flying in with you and will be added as a day guest upon arrival. They'll book the inbound transport as a courtesy.

She can try, but that goes against everything I have heard. And is really not what they are supposed to do. They are only supposed to transfer confirmed guests. Can't hurt to ask, but I wouldn't count on it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom